I'm the villain in this hand. Hero is weak tight. 100NL.Hero MP3 ($130)Villain Button ($260)Hero is dealt Q :club: Q :ts and raises to $3.Villain flat calls on the button.Flop is J :D T :4h 3 :spade:Hero bets $6.Villain raises to $18.Hero calls.Turn is T :D.Hero checks.Villain bets $32.Hero calls.River is K :5c.Hero checks.Villain bets $72.Hero ?Against a weak tight opponent, how do you like the line if you're the villain? As the Hero, how do you feel about the action on all three streets?Thoughts on the entire hand would be appreciated.

i am assuming this is .50-1.00. Raise to 4 or 5 pf. 3 bet the flop. Villains raise seems like a protection raise maybe with 1 club. And even if it's not...you give control to the villain to take the pot away from you by just calling the reraise.as played fold river as anything that bets has you beat.

He should fold the QQ on the river. He no longer should be beating anything aside from 98s. He loses to an oddly played AK/AQ. He loses to a flush. He loses to KQ and Q9. He loses to trips and houses. It's very unlikely that Villain is value-betting a worse hand. He may be trying to "take a stand" if he feels Villain is trying to run him over, but that river was very bad for him.Does Hero have a take on Villain?Also, I'm not sure that I agree with the notion of the flop 3-bet. I understand that we want to protect our hand, but the only way a bunch of money would go in is if we're racing or WB. I'd prefer a 3-bet if we had a monster, a big draw, or nothing.

I probably would have 3-bet it but cobalts post below makes a lot of sense that I probably wouldnt even have thought of. We've given villian control of the pot but he hasn't slowed down once, theres not much we can beat and it looks like valuer town on the river. If hero is weak tight perhaps villian is betting at him purely because hes been checked to after he tried to take it down on the flop but without some super read its probably better off to lay it down.Without an extremely strong hand if Im villian Im probably checking the river.

I understand that we want to protect our hand, but the only way a bunch of money would go in is if we're racing or WB. I'd prefer a 3-bet if we had a monster, a big draw, or nothing.
So is this how you would play Heros hand or different action on turn river?

One thing I want to add is that by not 3-betting the flop, c/c'ing the turn and c/f'ing the river it's the equivalent of raising a white flag and telling the rest of the table "Hey, run over me please." I'm not really thrilled with this. Why not just fold the flop if we're not gonna 3-bet? Only a non-club 6 or lower will look good to us on the turn. Woulda saved $40 anyway... Anyone like going for a c/r on the flop?

One thing I want to add is that by not 3-betting the flop, c/c'ing the turn and c/f'ing the river it's the equivalent of raising a white flag and telling the rest of the table "Hey, run over me please." I'm not really thrilled with this. Why not just fold the flop if we're not gonna 3-bet? Only a non-club 6 or lower will look good to us on the turn. Woulda saved $40 anyway... Anyone like going for a c/r on the flop?
Metagame's cool and all but first and foremost you have to maximize value and minimize value in the given hand. I'm not going to go broke because I want to appear hardcore (for that, I wear Oakleys and my hat crooked). We don't fold on the flop because we have an overpair and we're ahead of IQ's range. Good players can re-evaluate later streets based on action, image, and history. Why would we remove our ability to do that?3-betting is a terrible play if villain only calls us with better. I'll put myself in hero's shoes, which is very possible as I've been at tables and viewed as weak/tight (whether I am or not doesn't matter; it's the perception). I'm in a hand with IQCrash, who has a good idea of what he's doing. I probably don't know he posts on strategy forums, but I'm aware that he plays aggressively, likes position, and doesn't overvalue marginal hands. If I, a weak/tight player, 3-bet this flop I basically say that I have at the very least an overpair. So IQCrash is folding pretty much everything but big draws and sets. And that sucks. Sure, it makes the hand "easier," as we're raising "for information," but we're losing value against his probable range.Now if, instead of IQCrash, I'm playing a typical donk who overplays TP, then I will either 3-bet here or call c/r ai virtually every turn.So what we do on the flop depends on our villain, and since our villain is competent -and our image is weak/tight - this is a straightforward call.River is a standard fold. Given my image, and the suspicion that villain's trying to run me over, I would've called almost any other river card...but the Kc is God awful.

I don't get how we can comment whether we like villain's line if we don't know what villain has....

I don't get how we can comment whether we like villain's line if we don't know what villain has....
That's kinda the point, you're in the shoes of my opponent.
That's kinda the point, you're in the shoes of my opponent.
Well i'm going to hazard a guess and say that you were bluffing, that QQ should obviously fold, and that he actualy called.
Hero checks.Villain bets $32.Hero calls.
Yuck.
So is this how you would play Heros hand or different action on turn river?
What trystero said here is good...
Now if, instead of IQCrash, I'm playing a typical donk who overplays TP, then I will either 3-bet here or call c/r ai virtually every turn.So what we do on the flop depends on our villain, and since our villain is competent -and our image is weak/tight - this is a straightforward call.River is a standard fold. Given my image, and the suspicion that villain's trying to run me over, I would've called almost any other river card...but the Kc is God awful.
I will add that I'm going to re-evaluate my read of IQC on the turn. If I feel that I'm ahead and/or he's drawing, I'll go for the CRAI. (Our equity will have increased immensely by that point.) If I'm not as sure, I prefer the call to evaluate the river.