Scikie Fantasy Football League

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, guys. Which are the 3 best teams (in order)? Go.
1. Beefy Boys, weak bench WR's.2. The Rockets, if the Bengals have a bad game they lose that week.3. OH HEY NOW, if the Browns have a bad game they lose that week.4. Pulling Kierkegaard, questionable 2nd RB and 2/3 WR's.5. Smokehouse Warriors, terrible RB's.

The three teams that will pose obstacles to my league dominance are MK, Wang and Rocket. MK's only problem is QB depth as he's counting on Garrard to deliver again and having Vince Young as a backup is like having no backup at all.Wang's team look strong although he'll have to hope to pick up a decent D each week since he doesn't have one right now.Rocket's team looks good although his bench is suspect.The rest:Steve's team is weak at TE and I'm not sure if the Chiefs QBs will ever get the ball to Bowe but I like Anthony Gonzalez as a backup since Marvin will go out at some point during the year.Beefy Boys: Four studs in Brady/Wayne/Graham/Witten and a lot of praying for the rest of the rosterYang: Awesome team SEVEN YEARS AGOPeebed: A lot of Ifs, If Peyton is healthy, if Maroney will get any TD opportunities, if Rodgers can deliver since he has two WRs from the Pack, Left: All three WRs have injury problems, Hasselback has two injured receivers with no backup. At least Napa has an excuse since he was on autopickBizzle: Old Slow Flat Veterans Galore (this could be Yang's second team) - Romo/Johnson/Westy will have to carry the team

Steve's team is weak at TE and I'm not sure if the Chiefs QBs will ever get the ball to Bowe but I like Anthony Gonzalez as a backup since Marvin will go out at some point during the year.Bizzle: Old Slow Flat Veterans Galore (this could be Yang's second team) - Romo/Johnson/Westy will have to carry the team
Well as their coach I have to stick up for my boys. Bowe had 995 yards and 5 TD's last year with the same piss poor QB situation as this year so I don't think this is such a bad pick for my 3rd receiver. Add on the fact that I have possible sleepers like Gonzalez and Hardy to possibly fill in for that 3rd WR spot.Regarding Heath. Yes, he is a better blocker and used more that way but he is a favorite go to guy in the Red Zone and I see no one saying that Big Ben won't throw for another 30+ TD's this year and if 6-8 got to Heath then I think I am okay. Sure I don't have your TE but that is fine.And lol @ bizzle's
Looking over the starting rosters I think it's pretty even. A couple teams stand out but nothing special. Injuries will play a big part.rocket looks to be my first victim.
let's go bungles?I think I got a steal with Sidney Rice as the last pick. If Minn. can find a passing game he's gonna be a major player in it.
Bizzle: Old Slow Flat Veterans Galore (this could be Yang's second team) - Romo/Johnson/Westy will have to carry the team
You do realize I only have 3 players in their 30s right (and that one is 30)?And I agree with you on Wang, mk, and Rocket-they were the other 3 teams in my top 5.And to whoever was saying weak rbs-you do realize I have 5 right? And one of them is a sure thing and the other 4 are starters for their teams? Only one of them has to have a big year and my team gets super tough.
You do realize I only have 3 players in their 30s right (and that one is 30)?And I agree with you on Wang, mk, and Rocket-they were the other 3 teams in my top 5.And to whoever was saying weak rbs-you do realize I have 5 right? And one of them is a sure thing and the other 4 are starters for their teams? Only one of them has to have a big year and my team gets super tough.
I don't think Ricky Williams got that memo. I have a few RB's, though, Bizzle, so just come to me if'n you find you need a little helpAnybody who thinks my team is good will look silly in 4 months when I'm 7-7 and out of the playoffs.
Can't believe Chambers is only 30 - wasn't Marino throwing to him in Miami?So besides Westy, you have four RBs vying for the other spotBrown: Injury Prone, brittle like he's 30+White: Fat & Slow - acts like he's 30+Morris: Time Share although Julius is very ordinary, he's 29 so closeParker: Doesn't get goal line carries and could be in timeshareHowever, you only need one of these guys to come thru so it's not that bad. Would be bad luck if all four were stiffs.Watson at TE is league average but you can always pick someone else up who surprises.More risk in your receivers as besides AJ, Harrison/Galloway are old and beyond the normal useful life for a WR and Chambers is the 3rd option on the Chargers plus Vincent Jackson might surpass him. Curry is helped by Carter's year ending injury but he needs JeMarcus to be effective.
Can't believe Chambers is only 30 - wasn't Marino throwing to him in Miami?So besides Westy, you have four RBs vying for the other spotBrown: Injury Prone, brittle like he's 30+White: Fat & Slow - acts like he's 30+Morris: Time Share although Julius is very ordinary, he's 29 so closeParker: Doesn't get goal line carries and could be in timeshareHowever, you only need one of these guys to come thru so it's not that bad. Would be bad luck if all four were stiffs.Watson at TE is league average but you can always pick someone else up who surprises.More risk in your receivers as besides AJ, Harrison/Galloway are old and beyond the normal useful life for a WR and Chambers is the 3rd option on the Chargers plus Vincent Jackson might surpass him. Curry is helped by Carter's year ending injury but he needs JeMarcus to be effective.
Would you rather have Brown, White, Morris and Parker or Michael Turner, Ricky Williams, and Thomas Jones? Bizzle and I both drafted lots of RBs; it will be really interesting to see which of us ends up doing better with the "pick-a-scrub" option. I like Willie Parker a lot, and I like Thomas Jones quite a bit, too, running behind a rebuilt offensive line and a QB with a functioning rotator cuff, but I have no idea what to think of Morris, White, or Burner Turner. The battle might come down to: Ricky Williams vs. Ronnie Brown. It will be so funny if Williams gets 250+ carries this year or something
Chambers is the 3rd option on the Chargers
By third option I assume you mean behind Tomlinson and Gates? His numbers for his 13 Chargers games last year were 833 yards and 5 TDs, and that includes his first 3 games where he totaled 111 yards. I think any projection that has him at less than 1000 yards and 8 tds is silly, and he is my third WR.
Would you rather have Brown, White, Morris and Parker or Michael Turner, Ricky Williams, and Thomas Jones? Bizzle and I both drafted lots of RBs; it will be really interesting to see which of us ends up doing better with the "pick-a-scrub" option. I like Willie Parker a lot, and I like Thomas Jones quite a bit, too, running behind a rebuilt offensive line and a QB with a functioning rotator cuff, but I have no idea what to think of Morris, White, or Burner Turner. The battle might come down to: Ricky Williams vs. Ronnie Brown. It will be so funny if Williams gets 250+ carries this year or something
I like mine better, but only because two of them rushed for 1300 and 1100 yards last year-other than that it's pretty close. When you get a top pick it's the strategy you have to go with-the running back quality in the 18-23 range isn't significantly different than those you are going to get in the 38-43 range due to the fact that the next two rounds are always dominated by wide receivers and quarterbacks. Shrug, like I said I really like my team and will gladly sidebet against anyone in the league.
MK's only problem is QB depth as he's counting on Garrard to deliver again and having Vince Young as a backup is like having no backup at all.
tbh i have no idea who garrard is. as in, i had literally never heard nor seen his name until i looked at a bunch of cheat sheets/rankings in the 30 minutes leading up to the draft. but i did look at the scoring in this league, and it is unfavorable toward super radical QBs not named Tom Brady, what with the 25 yds/pt and 4 pt TD passes. so people throwing early draft picks at Manning (huge ? anyway) Romo, Brees might have down's syndrome imo. no offense.
tbh i have no idea who garrard is. as in, i had literally never heard nor seen his name until i looked at a bunch of cheat sheets/rankings in the 30 minutes leading up to the draft. but i did look at the scoring in this league, and it is unfavorable toward super radical QBs not named Tom Brady, what with the 25 yds/pt and 4 pt TD passes. so people throwing early draft picks at Manning (huge ? anyway) Romo, Brees might have down's syndrome imo. no offense.
QB's only get 4 pts for a TD? weird.
QB's only get 4 pts for a TD? weird.
Most of the leagues I am in are set up like that, to make positional scoring standards a little closer. 250/3 from a qb will be worth 22 points, which is probably similar to getting 100/2 from a running back (also worth 22 pts). Just equalizes the positional values.
Romo, Brees might have down's syndrome imo. no offense.
The first time I read your post, I skipped to the above part, right after the parentheses and read it like a Newspaper headline (with commas instead of "and"). "Romo, Brees Might Have Down's Syndrome IMO."I don't know why, but that slays me.

Picking late definately altered my strategy, well that and a bunch of beer. I think the usual grab 2 RB first strategy didn't apply so much this year with all the teams going to 2 back systems and such. After the first few RB's it's anyone's guess.I went in hoping to get Moss or Owens at 9 and ended up with Owens. For the second pick I was going to go reciever again by Larry Johnson was too good to pass up at 12. I think Holt was good value with my 3rd pick and will have a little better season this year than last about 1200 yards and 10 TD's.'I'm L Coles will hook up with Farve and make a nice 3rd WR.Brandon Johnson as the 2nd RB was the best of the rest kind of pick given there were probably 20 taken before him. I grabbed Rudi and Denver's RB Selvin Young as backups. Young will get a ton of yards but probably not alot of TD,s and will share time. Rudi is anyones guess but if he comes back to form he's solid.D McNabb wasn't a very happy pick for me but they're team is improved, he's a year removed from the leg surgery and looking good in preseason. He still threw for 3200 yards last season.I definately wanted a quality TE and Gonzalez still had over a 1000 last year.Not an all-star team but not the team you guys discarded so quickly either.Def better than Bizzle, lol.

Picking late definately altered my strategy, well that and a bunch of beer. I think the usual grab 2 RB first strategy didn't apply so much this year with all the teams going to 2 back systems and such. After the first few RB's it's anyone's guess.I went in hoping to get Moss or Owens at 9 and ended up with Owens. For the second pick I was going to go reciever again by Larry Johnson was too good to pass up at 12. I think Holt was good value with my 3rd pick and will have a little better season this year than last about 1200 yards and 10 TD's.'I'm L Coles will hook up with Farve and make a nice 3rd WR.Brandon Johnson as the 2nd RB was the best of the rest kind of pick given there were probably 20 taken before him. I grabbed Rudi and Denver's RB Selvin Young as backups. Young will get a ton of yards but probably not alot of TD,s and will share time. Rudi is anyones guess but if he comes back to form he's solid.D McNabb wasn't a very happy pick for me but they're team is improved, he's a year removed from the leg surgery and looking good in preseason. He still threw for 3200 yards last season.I definately wanted a quality TE and Gonzalez still had over a 1000 last year.Not an all-star team but not the team you guys discarded so quickly either.Def better than Bizzle, lol.
Coles and Farve? Have they figured out how to play with each other yet? I think S Young is a good pick at that spot. Rudi, eh. With his current situation it really depends on if he gets traded or not and where he ends up actually going. It could be a great move for him or it could be bad.I don't see Gonzalez coming close to 1000 yards this year personally. All the yards will be going to Bowe.
Not an all-star team but not the team you guys discarded so quickly either.Def better than Bizzle, lol.
Just so you know, Randy, in fantasy football, everyone is suposed to have an All-Star team...All the shit I gave you during the draft aside ("Great pick, Randy... 7 years ago!"), I like your team quite a bit. I think the Iggles are going to be good enough to give you some serious production from McNabb, and I like the Owens, Jacobs, Johnson trio at the top. Selvin Young gives you good depth at RB, and your other WRs (Holt, Coles) could gave very solid seasons in store. I think your team will be steady, and capable of beating most teams (like mine) pretty much every week.
Just so you know, Randy, in fantasy football, everyone is suposed to have an All-Star team...All the shit I gave you during the draft aside ("Great pick, Randy... 7 years ago!"), I like your team quite a bit. I think the Iggles are going to be good enough to give you some serious production from McNabb, and I like the Owens, Jacobs, Johnson trio at the top. Selvin Young gives you good depth at RB, and your other WRs (Holt, Coles) could gave very solid seasons in store. I think your team will be steady, and capable of beating most teams (like mine) pretty much every week.
Thanks TBear but as we all know come week 8 it's going to be a different story for us all.
Hey Bizzle, can you ship 25$ to PokerKid555 (philadelphia) on Stars? If you do, I will consider your debt paid in full. I think we were at like 50. 20 for the Sickie League, 25 for this, 5 for you to keep out of pity. Thanks.I am good for Monday night. Weekends are bad for me. I can do Sundays if it's at 10PM EST or later, but Mondays I should be okay.
Finally remembered to have a lackey do this-let me know if he didn't get it.
Haha, are you serious? He's so mad at me. I'm going to have to get his mailing address and send him like a gift-certificate to Arby's or something
Yeah, I remembered about it last night after I Im'ed you, and I had the lackey on and he sent it.
  • 2 weeks later...

Bizzle and Tactical Bear running 1/2 after 2 weeks. My team, however, has benefitted from a soft schedule (Brvhrt week 1, MK week 2), whereas Peter's has benefitted from solid drafting and Romo/Westbrook shenanigans.Randy "Party Like It's 2003" Reed is up next on the docket for Burner Turner the other clowns on my squad.

Bizzle and Tactical Bear running 1/2 after 2 weeks. My team, however, has benefitted from a soft schedule (Brvhrt week 1, MK week 2), whereas Peter's has benefitted from solid drafting and Romo/Westbrook shenanigans.Randy "Party Like It's 2003" Reed is up next on the docket for Burner Turner the other clowns on my squad.
WTF! It wasn't my fault, my #1 guy is out for the season!