Who Dominates Their Sport More?

Who Dominates their sport more?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who Dominates their sport more?

• USA-Basketball
    • CANADA-Hockey
    • Same

I'm gonna post this on both forums to see if people think differently.Question is simple. Who dominates there sport on the international stage more? America with basketball or Canada with Hockey.Note: I don't wanna hear baseball talk or number of players in the sport. Think Olympics or other world competition. Also, this is based on today and not the last 100 years.

What does that mean exactly?You need to dominate over a period of time, not in one tournament or competition.
you're absolutely right. I'm choosing my words wrong.what I mean is from today to sayy...5 years from now...who is more dominant? I'm looking for the modern level of international play.
  • 2 months later...

I was going to vote Canadian hocky and then you said whos better 5 years from now so that influenced my decision. I was basing my initial vote on the last decade of international play, where the US basketball team was a mess even with better talent in most cases.However being based on who's better in 5 years.. US basketball is going to be unstoppable with Coangelo running the show and Coach K at the helm with many young superstar American ballers.

Team Canada's been rather disappointing internationally of late, haven't they?
3/6 World Championships in the last 6 years, with 2 silvers.1/2 in the last 2 Olympics.This is Canada's record internationally over the last while. It's actually better than US Basketball. Yes, you can argue about the quality of players that attended the US worlds, but nonetheless, they did stink it up quite bad for a good 6 years. Plus, the gap is closing.Canadian hockey is definitely on the rise because I think we've produced a ridiculous amount of young talent over the last 7-8 years. They've won the last 4 World Juniors and finished 2nd the 3 previous. I think the comparison between US Basketball and Canada Hockey is quite close, but with the newly revamped US program I'd put them ahead. I think Canada will dominate hockey again for a while.