2-7 Single Draw Now Availble At Test Poker Stars

im there and will be just about any time im onlineif anybody wants to play come sit down, pm me, or instant message me on AIM (antistuff) MSN( danny @ yoscunt.com). hell, ill even give you my cell if you want to have regular practice sessions with me. come play right now. www.testpokerstars.com

So, antistuff, any thoughts about strategery after the practice session?
never just call a raise unless you want to be squeezed out of a pot. i think that this is going to be a highly overused tactic.
I didn't see that much squeezing going on, though I admit I was playing a couple of STTs at the same time so wasn't paying all that close attention.
somebody raises from ep.you call in the middle with like a one card draw to a good nine.the button reraises for a decent amount. i think he could do this with as little as draw to a good ten. it puts everybody in a very tough spot.if the button does this with a wide range of hands it makes everything even harder.so if you are calling raises when you're not on the button instead of three betting be prepared to over shove in some uncomfortable places when the original raiser folds.situations like this are going to become a huge part of the game and make it seem like a crazy shove fest at time.i stand firm in my conviction that short stacking this game is going to be a really good idea.

Just finished playing against antistuff. I can tell you that this can really become one of the most feel-based games I've ever played. If you don't pay full attention to your opponent, then you're never really quite sure about what the right move is. Its hard to assign calling/raising/folding ranges just because they're arent 5 community cards or 4 board cards up.

somebody raises from ep.you call in the middle with like a one card draw to a good nine.the button reraises for a decent amount. i think he could do this with as little as draw to a good ten. it puts everybody in a very tough spot.if the button does this with a wide range of hands it makes everything even harder.so if you are calling raises when you're not on the button instead of three betting be prepared to over shove in some uncomfortable places when the original raiser folds.situations like this are going to become a huge part of the game and make it seem like a crazy shove fest at time.i stand firm in my conviction that short stacking this game is going to be a really good idea.
All comes back to the importance of position, I guess. Button is a powerful seat to have in this game. I'm not so sure we'll see that kind of action with the fish at the lower limits, though. I predict there will be a whole lot of limping and multi-way pots at the low stakes.

checky's post - 2-7 single draw strategy:1. play your big pots in position.2. play your little pots out of position.3. did i mention position?4. a pat J is about a 52% favorite over a one card draw. but remember that a Q is only about a 45/55 dog against a one card draw (think of matusow's pat with the Q HU in this year's wsop event where e1 thought he was a donk, but his play was actually often correct relative to pot size, depending on how whoever he was playing was playing ).5. an 8K is a favorite over a two card draw, assuming that people are going to draw at 9s as proportionally often as the number of combos that are available, but i forget by how much.6. did you notice how #s 4 and 5 are infinitely more useful in position?about how the game tends to play:-a nine is good for a shove predraw, almost no matter what (think of nines as KK predraw and any 8 or better as AA. but don't slowplay them ever obv.). -there is omg so much bluffing in this game. since, generally, a cold 3bet is going to look like a one card eight at LEAST, and since it's pretty maniacal to get it in predraw while you're still drawing unless it took 4-5 bets to get it in, bluffs tend to work more often in a full, 6-handed table setting than in any other games. hence, people do it more.-as you can probably already tell, this is a game of leveling your opponents. "checky just 4bet and drew one OOP, but i know he's aware of that, so this time when he 4bets cold he has to have a pat hand, and i'm mucking my ten draw in position," etc.some notes on what's been said:-i wouldn't shortstack this game, although doing so is a decent way of lowering variance in a crazy ****ing game.-(big secret strategy): at most tables, the amount of bets that it takes to get it all in is fairly constant among all players. this usually varies from 3-6 bets depending on how deep it's playing, but if you notice, it remains relatively constant once e1 has logged a few dozen hands against each other unless 2-3 players are buying in short consistently, etc. anyhow, you can use this info to your advantage by keeping the sizes of your raises before the magic shove number smaller than everyone else, and in so doing, getting your info cheaper than the others. therein lies your big edge. (nb: this also applies to NL versions of games that are better played PL, like NLO8 and to some extent, PLO)in short, i'd imagine that you could annihilate this game against donks, but you'd have to gambool it up to an amazing degree against decent players in order to win. pushing 55/45 edges for stacks consistently is going to have some amazingly high variance--i'd say like 150-250 buyin territory in terms of br

checky's post - 2-7 single draw strategy:1. play your big pots in position.2. play your little pots out of position.3. did i mention position?4. a pat J is about a 52% favorite over a one card draw. but remember that a Q is only about a 45/55 dog against a one card draw (think of matusow's pat with the Q HU in this year's wsop event where e1 thought he was a donk, but his play was actually often correct relative to pot size, depending on how whoever he was playing was playing ).5. an 8K is a favorite over a two card draw, assuming that people are going to draw at 9s as proportionally often as the number of combos that are available, but i forget by how much.6. did you notice how #s 4 and 5 are infinitely more useful in position?about how the game tends to play:-a nine is good for a shove predraw, almost no matter what (think of nines as KK predraw and any 8 or better as AA. but don't slowplay them ever obv.). -there is omg so much bluffing in this game. since, generally, a cold 3bet is going to look like a one card eight at LEAST, and since it's pretty maniacal to get it in predraw while you're still drawing unless it took 4-5 bets to get it in, bluffs tend to work more often in a full, 6-handed table setting than in any other games. hence, people do it more.-as you can probably already tell, this is a game of leveling your opponents. "checky just 4bet and drew one OOP, but i know he's aware of that, so this time when he 4bets cold he has to have a pat hand, and i'm mucking my ten draw in position," etc.some notes on what's been said:-i wouldn't shortstack this game, although doing so is a decent way of lowering variance in a crazy ****ing game.-(big secret strategy): at most tables, the amount of bets that it takes to get it all in is fairly constant among all players. this usually varies from 3-6 bets depending on how deep it's playing, but if you notice, it remains relatively constant once e1 has logged a few dozen hands against each other unless 2-3 players are buying in short consistently, etc. anyhow, you can use this info to your advantage by keeping the sizes of your raises before the magic shove number smaller than everyone else, and in so doing, getting your info cheaper than the others. therein lies your big edge. (nb: this also applies to NL versions of games that are better played PL, like NLO8 and to some extent, PLO)in short, i'd imagine that you could annihilate this game against donks, but you'd have to gambool it up to an amazing degree against decent players in order to win. pushing 55/45 edges for stacks consistently is going to have some amazingly high variance--i'd say like 150-250 buyin territory in terms of br
This is the part I'd like to focus on, since I'll likely be playing the lowest stakes available. If gambooling and pushing small edges is the way to go with decent opposition, what would be the best approach at a table full of (likely passive) fish? A combination of nitting it up and playing aggressive in position?
This is the part I'd like to focus on, since I'll likely be playing the lowest stakes available. If gambooling and pushing small edges is the way to go with decent opposition, what would be the best approach at a table full of (likely passive) fish? A combination of nitting it up and playing aggressive in position?
against total idiots, i wouldn't ever play a single hand that wasn't pat from out of position, because leveling them isn't necessary to get their money. if drawing in position, i would call "standard" 3x raises (hint: this size raise is horrifically small if you're raising from oop in a 2 street game) with pretty much any 2 card draw, bluff every time i drew and paired if they were drawing and size my bets such that they work often enough to be profitable, and figure out what i can value bet based on how they respond to my bluffs.
against total idiots, i wouldn't ever play a single hand that wasn't pat from out of position, because leveling them isn't necessary to get their money. if drawing in position, i would call "standard" 3x raises (hint: this size raise is horrifically small if you're raising from oop in a 2 street game) with pretty much any 2 card draw, bluff every time i drew and paired if they were drawing and size my bets such that they work often enough to be profitable, and figure out what i can value bet based on how they respond to my bluffs.
Why, because people are likely to call it with a wide range? What would you say is likely to be a more respectable raise in this game?Sounds like what you're describing is basically uber-TAG OOP but uber-LAG IP.
Why, because people are likely to call it with a wide range? What would you say is likely to be a more respectable raise in this game?Sounds like what you're describing is basically uber-TAG OOP but uber-LAG IP.
the reason i'm raising more than 3x is mostly due to stack sizes--i want bad players to feel committed most of the time if they 3bet me.and yes, that's pretty much how i'd play against idiots :club:.
  • 2 weeks later...

anyone had any success at this? I played the fixed limit .5/1 and came out $2.25 in profit. It was annoying though, there was a guy two seats to my left that would pretty much raise every single pot predraw and then play post draw decently. I didnt know what to do against him so I three-bet his ass with trip 5's and c-bet it post flop and won. Is this what i shoudl be doing? 3-betting him in position?