Bin Laden Driver Gets 5.5 Years In Prison

The government had asked for 30 years to life.....the military jury gave him 5 and a half which means he will be a free man in early 2009. Slowly but surely, the Bush Administration enemy combatant policies are being stripped away.Time will tell if that is a good thing. Imo, anything that shows us giving at least some of these Guantanamo guys a fair shake will help improve our damaged reputation.

7 years and this is what we have to show for it??? AwesomeConvicted Bin Laden's Driver for being BIN LADEN'S DRIVERGG Bush Admin....so awesome!

For a minute there I thought this was about golf... :club:
come on now....with Tiger Woods hurt nobody cares about golf. :)I was stunned he get a sentence this low.
7 years and this is what we have to show for it??? AwesomeAfter the success in Afghanistan, in a matter of WEEKS under this leadership we toppled a dangerous dictator who had killed tens of thousands of his own people, was a threat to the region, and continually defied UN Sanctions. We defeated an army that at one time was the region's strongest, best trained, and weaponed. In doing so we limited civilian casualties and collateral damage to a minimum. We also limited multi national coalition casualties to an amazingly low number. We set up a new Democracy and gave people a taste of freedom for the first time in their lives helping them hold free elections and continue to help them stabilize and rebuild. All with the (nearly) unanimous support of both houses of Congress a strong international coalition and UN sanctionsSince 9/11 no incidents on American Soil.GG Bush Admin....so awesome!
fyp

I know absolutely nothing about this case- just wondering... Has anyone been able to demonstrate whether or not this guy had even the slightest scintilla of involvement in terrorist activities of any kind? Planning, logistics, anything?Or was it just proven that he was the guy who sat behind the wheel when Osama hopped in and said "Take me to Kabul..."If it's the former- if this guy was an involved part of the "network" but his role just happened to be driving cars- fry him. A 5 year sentence is a grave miscarriage of justice. IMO, anyone who is proved to have any involvement in 9/11 whatsoever should be stood before a firing squad and the video of their execution "leaked" onto youtube with "ready, aim, fire" subtitled in Arabic. If it's the latter- if he's just a regular old Andy Achmed who happened to drive a car for an enormous ******* and maybe coulda kind heard something but wasn't involved in anything, then even 5 years is questionable.

I know absolutely nothing about this case- just wondering... Has anyone been able to demonstrate whether or not this guy had even the slightest scintilla of involvement in terrorist activities of any kind? Planning, logistics, anything?Or was it just proven that he was the guy who sat behind the wheel when Osama hopped in and said "Take me to Kabul..."If it's the former- if this guy was an involved part of the "network" but his role just happened to be driving cars- fry him. A 5 year sentence is a grave miscarriage of justice. IMO, anyone who is proved to have any involvement in 9/11 whatsoever should be stood before a firing squad and the video of their execution "leaked" onto youtube. If it's the latter- if he's just a regular old Andy Achmed who happened to drive a car for an enormous *******, then even 5 years is questionable.
agree
I know absolutely nothing about this case- just wondering... Has anyone been able to demonstrate whether or not this guy had even the slightest scintilla of involvement in terrorist activities of any kind? Planning, logistics, anything?Or was it just proven that he was the guy who sat behind the wheel when Osama hopped in and said "Take me to Kabul..."If it's the former- if this guy was an involved part of the "network" but his role just happened to be driving cars- fry him. A 5 year sentence is a grave miscarriage of justice. IMO, anyone who is proved to have any involvement in 9/11 whatsoever should be stood before a firing squad and the video of their execution "leaked" onto youtube with "ready, aim, fire" subtitled in Arabic. If it's the latter- if he's just a regular old Andy Achmed who happened to drive a car for an enormous ******* and maybe coulda kind heard something but wasn't involved in anything, then even 5 years is questionable.
They failed to convict him of the more serious conspiracy charges (in a system rigged in the governement's favor.....coerced testimony and hearsay evidence was allowed and that would never have flown in civilian OR regular military court).Considering that I think it is unlikely he was a legit part of the Al Qaeda or at least we did not have the evidence to prove so at all.Also he gets 5 years credit for his time at Guantanamo so this is basically a time served sentence.

The six person jury was made of military officers hand picked by the Pentagon. Sounds like they decided he was a grunt and a minor player - the previous Gitmo prosecutor said that if the driver was included in the deck of cards of villains, he'd be the two of clubs.

The six person jury was made of military officers hand picked by the Pentagon. Sounds like they decided he was a grunt and a minor player - the previous Gitmo prosecutor said that if the driver was included in the deck of cards of villains, he'd be the two of clubs.
Should have Folded Preflop, but that is results based thinking.
Should have Folded Preflop, but that is results based thinking.
No idea what this means. Based on the jury, if the driver was big time terrorist, they would have thrown the book at him instead of just giving him time served.
fyp
My post was fine the way it was...you just keep toeing that party line.I noticed that you forgot to mention that after all this time we ARE still there and alot of military experts would say that Afghanistan is a bigger failure than Iraq. Also you neglected to mention the number of needless deaths. But I mean what a great job! And to get this top level terrorist is a huge win for the administration!!!
For a minute there I thought this was about golf... :club:
My driver got longer than that, and it's sure not getting any time off for good behavior.