My Card Collection

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We have day 1 complete at the Expo.   It was a very uneventful day since the turnout was low. I believe that the fight between 2 guys in the industry is going to get nasty and another show is going

Otto and I enjoy it. We spend the whole weekend together and have a blast. We don't make a lot of money from it. We only do it for the love of the hobby   Because of doing this we have met a lot

The show I think was a success. We had a regular win the signed derozan jersey. Thank god he won since 3 guys I have never seen came in at the last second. When the draw was over they left. Peopl

The gtacardshow on march 1st at the radisson hotel (401/Vic park). Giving away a signed kadri jersey at noon

I remember doing those show's when I was 18 and it was the Viscount hotel. Split a table for $35 and sold a boatload of fleer ultra baseball cards.

I remember doing those show's when I was 18 and it was the Viscount hotel. Split a table for $35 and sold a boatload of fleer ultra baseball cards.

we have been running for just over 2 years. Only charge $50 a table while others charge $75

Come by before noon. Who knows you may win the kadri jersey

Don't forget the giveaway at noon at the GTA Cardshow this coming Saturday.

Also will be looking out for cheap cards to sell on eBay. So far bank +40.

I am going to try and come..We have a game scheduled that day but Adrian is in net Thursday trying to pull the sweep over Ajax in our playoff series..

If we win then the Saturday game is not happening..

The moneyline currently is Pickering -275 with Adrian in net..He has very impressive 1.00GAA in 3 playoff games with a shutout..So I am hoping we will be at the card show to win the Kadri jersey..

we have been running for just over 2 years. Only charge $50 a table while others charge $75

Come by before noon. Who knows you may win the kadri jersey

I am working Saturday or else I would have came by for sure. I should get a table at one of your shows in the future put everything out for a buck or two. I need Vince Carter to retire as a raptor have way too much VC stuff.

I am working Saturday or else I would have came by for sure. I should get a table at one of your shows in the future put everything out for a buck or two. I need Vince Carter to retire as a raptor have way too much VC stuff.

Just sell your stuff to me. No VC stuff. He is the devil in Toronto.

Any left handed sticks? I could use one. :D

In the last 2.5wks, I've broken 3 sticks, though I would say 2 were already chipped/old, but now I was practically all out of any extras at home.

It got so bad that last night, not having time to buy a new stick, I used an old, NHL game used hockey stick that I had gotten as a kid. The stick was Harold Snepsts stick, and so last night I played with a 25year old wood stick. Felt great.

In the last 2.5wks, I've broken 3 sticks, though I would say 2 were already chipped/old, but now I was practically all out of any extras at home.

It got so bad that last night, not having time to buy a new stick, I used an old, NHL game used hockey stick that I had gotten as a kid. The stick was Harold Snepsts stick, and so last night I played with a 25year old wood stick. Felt great.

I still have my Rick Vaive TPM 2020 from 1985

I can never break a stick. I guess I am a wimp

I've never broken one in my life, not including old wooden ones just wearing down. It's bizarre. I slash, get slashed, I shoot a lot and I shoot hard. Just never broke one. Hell, I broke my WRIST with a slash that didn't even crack my stick.

my son is in his 4th year of hockey..

I have only seen one kid break a stick in any of the games..It was a fluke where it got jammed in the boards...

the fact that kids and beer league adults hardly ever break a stick, does that mean the expensive ones are that much easier to break?

Or is it just that they(nhl players) are so much stronger..Sometimes though it looks like the stick breaks with no effort...

We'll, no kids are going to break them ever.

I would wager a large majority of beer leaguers don't have a clue how to shoot, and aren't using the flex of the stick to the most of its ability. That's how most nhl sticks break, that and slashes. That's the X factor that I don't understand. Are their slashes that much stronger than mine? I would have to wind up and two hand baseball swing to slash much harder.

We'll, no kids are going to break them ever.

I would wager a large majority of beer leaguers don't have a clue how to shoot, and aren't using the flex of the stick to the most of its ability. That's how most nhl sticks break, that and slashes. That's the X factor that I don't understand. Are their slashes that much stronger than mine? I would have to wind up and two hand baseball swing to slash much harder.

Actually, if you notice, in the stores the description is always 'Sidney Crosby pattern stick'. That's because it's patterned after it but not the same. Pro model sticks are NOT available to the public, unless it's as a pro model returns sale. Phil's sticks aren't even made in the same factory as the ones sold in stores. Slightly lighter, more carbon in them than store models, etc. So pro sticks are more fragile because they're higher tech. But Zach is exactly right as well: most beer leaguers don't know how to use their sticks properly, so no danger of busting them. And no kid under 12 should have a composite stick.

Actually, if you notice, in the stores the description is always 'Sidney Crosby pattern stick'. That's because it's patterned after it but not the same. Pro model sticks are NOT available to the public, unless it's as a pro model returns sale. Phil's sticks aren't even made in the same factory as the ones sold in stores. Slightly lighter, more carbon in them than store models, etc. So pro sticks are more fragile because they're higher tech. But Zach is exactly right as well: most beer leaguers don't know how to use their sticks properly, so no danger of busting them. And no kid under 12 should have a composite stick.

Yes very true. I remember buying a McCabe stick at the Leafs store cheap. Used it in my hockey games. What a shot I had. Seriously unreal. Eventually it broke from usage and it was slightly cracked when I got it.

In regards to no kid under 12 should have a composite stick, if you don't have one than you are not in the in crowd. Pretty much every single kid in houseleague had one when Otto was under 12.

Yes very true. I remember buying a McCabe stick at the Leafs store cheap. Used it in my hockey games. What a shot I had. Seriously unreal. Eventually it broke from usage and it was slightly cracked when I got it.

In regards to no kid under 12 should have a composite stick, if you don't have one than you are not in the in crowd. Pretty much every single kid in houseleague had one when Otto was under 12.

Yup, true enough. My son has one. I hate them. If they played with wood, or even just wood blades, they would have a much better feel for the puck. When I switched from wood to composite, the biggest issue was puck control by a long shot. Pucks bounce off of comp blades, and you can feel the puck much better on a wood stick. I still have some of my old pattern from when I played, and every once in a while I'll take one out on the ice with the kids at practice. Can't shoot worth a damn, but puck control is ten times better. But the thing is so damn heavy it wears you out... LOL

I've only broken one composite stick in my life, and it was over a guy's back. It was far from the hardest I've ever slashed a guy, and it was unfortunate timing, as it cost me a 2 game suspension.

I think whats causing it for me is that...

1. Been taking more draws than I ever have before, and I find guys just hacking away on the draw

2. Ball hockey. That floor just does a number on the sticks, no matter what kind. Also, ball hky is much more chippy with the sticks than the ice I played.

When I played ice, I never broke a stick.