2008 Wsop Final Table Potential Problem

First of all I will start off asking what the hell were they thinking about having the final table 4 months from now?! Wow, that has to suck, you make it to the final table, and have to wait that long to play again. Anyhow, this is my question. What if for some strange coincidence someone or maybe even two people or more happened to be in a horrific accident while they leave Las Vegas and can't return to play the final table? Or even worse, someone gets killed. What are they going to do then, and how would the organizers feel about that? Or even worse, they all decide to come to Vegas on the same plane and it crashes. Oh, how are your ratings going to be then?I don't know if anyone has thought about this, or if this has been discussed; but I thought I would throw this out as food for thought.The odds of not making it back to the final table in less than 24 hours while you're in Vegas are a lot higher than making it back 4 months later, after you leave.

Now wait a second. So you're saying that I should cancel my plane tickets for this week to go rail the final table? I'm confused?

But what really messes our minds is, what if they all die after going all in, and the last player, the only one alive and yet to act, has aces? Are the other players' hands dead? Does he call?

Like?
I don't know the specifics but from my conversations with Daniel they discussed in the committee every possible thing that people have suggested from illness to terrorist attacks from drunken FCPers.
I don't know the specifics but from my conversations with Daniel they discussed in the committee every possible thing that people have suggested from illness to terrorist attacks from drunken FCPers.
LOL. :club::ts
I see. I really feel the OP presents a valid point because it is POSSIBLE even if it is UNLIKELY that something happens to one or more final tablists.
I see. I really feel the OP presents a valid point because it is POSSIBLE even if it is UNLIKELY that something happens to one or more final tablists.
wouldn't be any different than going all Vinny Vinh except on a larger stage.
Are you kidding me? Daniel was in on this decision? No, way....!! He must have lost a prop bet with some of his buddy's. The bet had to be who ever loses this bet has to suggest something ridiculous... uhh, lets see. Ah, I got it!! Who ever loses, has to suggest they push the WSOP main event final table to November, put up $100,000 and lick Mikes Balls. Guess Lindgren, didn't lose.Sorry Danny, must have been a crapy day. Someone must have lost another bet. Did it go something like this? Who ever loses this bet has to support Daniel, post $100,000 and lick Mikes Balls too.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
wouldn't be any different than going all Vinny Vinh except on a larger stage.
Or it would be completely different? Vinny Vinh is a known degen/****up, who, as far as we know, is still alive. He misses events because he is strung out, not because he is dead or in the hospital from a serious accident. I'd just like to know what would happen. Especially if, (God forbid) something happened to all of the finalists. I just think it is an interesting proposition and not one that I would hope for or like to see. It would just be interesting to see what kind of plans are in place if something were to happen.This is purely a hypothetical discussion, and one that has the potential to happen, so why not discuss the possible outcomes?It's not like the OP asked who the best poker player in the world was or what site(s) to play on. He posed a legit question about a legit concern.
Or it would be completely different? Vinny Vinh is a known degen/****up, who, as far as we know, is still alive. He misses events because he is strung out, not because he is dead or in the hospital from a serious accident. I'd just like to know what would happen. Especially if, (God forbid) something happened to all of the finalists. I just think it is an interesting proposition and not one that I would hope for or like to see. It would just be interesting to see what kind of plans are in place if something were to happen.This is purely a hypothetical discussion, and one that has the potential to happen, so why not discuss the possible outcomes?It's not like the OP asked who the best poker player in the world was or what site(s) to play on. He posed a legit question about a legit concern.
they get blinded off, just like Vinny Vinh.No difference whether something happens overnight, or over 4 months.Did you really think the OP is the first person who thought of this scenario?Yeesh

They person could die argument is stupid. Technically there could be a nuke dropped on Vegas right now and everyone in the city could die. It's not likely but there's a chance it could happen. LOLBut seriously anyone could die or have something happen with each day before the tournament. This year alone 2 guys were blinded off because of family members dying during days of the ME. It's not very likely that any of the 9 members at the final table die within the months of the final table, it could happen but it's not that likely. There's nothing important enough to keep you from trying to win almost 10 million dollars in November.

all final table players shld agree to go all in blind on the first hand dealt . imo
Ahh, even better. When they get down to 10 People... 2 tables. They all threaten to make a deal to split money, and go all in and have a heads up final table. There is great ratings.

For everybody who played in the Main Event other than the top 9 nothing has changed.The majority of the Top 9 will benefit from the change due to having months of promotion time which will vastly increase their value to sponsors etc.

Here's an interesting thought...In IL recently a guy was arrested for buying a highly deadly toxin from a puffer fish that authortiy's think was to be used to kill his wife. In the past the man supposedly paid a hitman 8k and gave him an AK47 to kill a women (again...presumably his wife).So...if the going rate to hire a hitman is 8k and an AK47...what's to prevent one of the November Nine from hiring someone to eliminate the other 8?

Ahh, even better. When they get down to 10 People... 2 tables. They all threaten to make a deal to split money, and go all in and have a heads up final table. There is great ratings.
you should go back to your "they all decide to come to Vegas on the same plane and it crashes"that was a moment of homespun brilliance. the plane is just like a bus, ring the bell and pull over to pick up another player.dont worry about ESPN and their ratings. Theyve been doing OK without your help.
Thanks, Bob.I would hate to be the guy (ala Jamie Gold, etc.) who ran like God to get to the final table and then have to wait three months and come back to run like shit.
they get blinded off, just like Vinny Vinh.No difference whether something happens overnight, or over 4 months.Did you really think the OP is the first person who thought of this scenario?Yeesh
You are a very narrow-minded person who is incapable of thinking outside of the box, aren't you?