Main Event Day 5 Thread

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like Victor Ramdin is the last Team Pokerstars pro left and he's top 5 in chips right now. It looks like there are quite a few pros still in good shape. Ramdin and Mark Vos are two that seem to be doing well right now.
Kara Scott of EPT fame is still hanging around.
Cantu Wins the Battle of the BrandonsBrandon Cantu is running hot. Really hot. He opened a pot from the cutoff with a raise to 55,000. Brandon Becker reraised to 200,000 from the small blind. Cantu took about five seconds when the action got back to him before shoving all in. Becker insta-called all in for less.Cantu: 5 8Becker: K JCaught with his hand in the cookie jar, it turned out that Cantu wasn't in the absolute worst shape. In fact, after the flop came down 8 5 7 , he was sitting pretty. The turn A gave Becker some life, but he was eliminated with the 3 blank on the river.Cantu now has over 3.2 million in chipsDON'T TELL MARK
fyp

Allen Cunningham EliminatedAllen Cunningham moved all in preflop from the hijack position for 255,000 and Tim Loecke made the call in the small blind.Cunningham: {Q-Hearts}{J-Hearts}Loecke: {A-Spades}{A-Diamonds}The board ran out {7-Spades}{6-Spades}{3-Hearts}{8-Diamonds}{8-Hearts} to end another deep Main Event run for Allen Cunningham in 117th place for $41,816 in prize money.Nice run by Allen though.

Cantu Wins the Battle of the BrandonsBrandon Cantu is running hot. Really hot. He opened a pot from the cutoff with a raise to 55,000. Brandon Becker reraised to 200,000 from the small blind. Cantu took about five seconds when the action got back to him before shoving all in. Becker insta-called all in for less.Cantu: 5 8Becker: A KCaught with his hand in the cookie jar, it turned out that Cantu wasn't in the absolute worst shape. In fact, after the flop came down 8 5 7 , he was sitting pretty. The turn A gave Becker some life, but he was eliminated with the 3 blank on the river.Cantu now has over 3.2 million in chipsDON'T TELL MARK
Man i hate Cantu

Shawn "Sheiky" Sheikhan EliminatedCrippled to only 75,000 on a previous hand, Shawn Sheikhan made his stand with {5-Spades} {7-Hearts} and ran into Jamal Kunbuz's {A-Diamonds} {K-Spades}. No help for Sheiky on the {6-Clubs} {3-Spades} {3-Diamonds} {8-Spades} {6-Spades} board and he hit the rail in 105th place.

Shawn "Sheiky" Sheikhan EliminatedCrippled to only 75,000 on a previous hand, Shawn Sheikhan made his stand with {5-Spades} {7-Hearts} and ran into Jamal Kunbuz's {A-Diamonds} {K-Spades}. No help for Sheiky on the {6-Clubs} {3-Spades} {3-Diamonds} {8-Spades} {6-Spades} board and he hit the rail in 105th place.
the previous hand was a major blow-up. preflop raise reraise and he pushes 1.5 mil with pocket jacks, gets called by aces.
the previous hand was a major blow-up. preflop raise reraise and he pushes 1.5 mil with pocket jacks, gets called by aces.
That doesn't sound like much of a blowup, sounds pretty standard for tournament poker.
That doesn't sound like much of a blowup, sounds pretty standard for tournament poker.
it was either a very bad read or settling for disproportionate risk/reward (assuming the pot wasn't huge since they didn't post the numbers). blow-up either way.
it was either a very bad read or settling for disproportionate risk/reward (assuming the pot wasn't huge since they didn't post the numbers). blow-up either way.
If he had 1.5 mil then his M was around 25...so its boarderline. I probably wouldnt have played it that way...but he's a better player than I am. We dont know the history/reads between the two.
Holy crap Tiffany Michelle is amongst the chip leaders with 3m! :club: Hope she final tables, would be a great story.
It would only be the 2nd woman ever to FT? Enright being the other one of course. Not counting the WSOPE of course. If she wins it would be even bigger for poker.
hellmuth approx. 40th with 92 left. media hype over the next 3 months would be so sick if he makes the FT
What if he and Matusow make it.

obv everyone on here prolly knows here as the interviewer for pokernews.com. she is 3rd in chips now. i would think that she would be one of the people that says fck it im not scared of anybody im gonna play. where does her run rank in wsop/media/actor/actress person? .. hellmuth for the win by the way

obv everyone on here prolly knows here as the interviewer for pokernews.com. she is 3rd in chips now. i would think that she would be one of the people that says fck it im not scared of anybody im gonna play. where does her run rank in wsop/media/actor/actress person? .. hellmuth for the win by the way
I'm not sure what her poker playing background is but being a poker media interviewer would place her pretty far down in the celebrity scale.I really hope she makes the final table however as a young attractive woman who is comfortable in the media would be a great thing for poker.
I'm not sure what her poker playing background is but being a poker media interviewer would place her pretty far down in the celebrity scale.I really hope she makes the final table however as a young attractive woman who is comfortable in the media would be a great thing for poker.
[x] 'F' list ego maniac thinking she's 'A' list[x] is getting floored by the deck[x] wore bunny bedroom slippers instead of shoes last year to flirt interview the players.[x] secretly hopes she wins :club: