Atlantic City Poker Thread

So I am not going to be up there next weekend. I got a phone call yesterday from my new apartment complex in Absecon and they said that the water heater in the apartment above me blew up and it messed up my place I was going to move into today. It isn't going to be ready for another 2 weeks. Needless to say, I am on life *ucking tilt.
Rough. Myself and another will be there on Friday. I'll be playing the HOSE. He'll be playing cash. I'm assuming I'll be joining him after I brick A-2-3-4-K-Q-J in Stud 8 which will invariably happen at least once.
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rough. Myself and another will be there on Friday. I'll be playing the HOSE. He'll be playing cash. I'm assuming I'll be joining him after I brick A-2-3-4-K-Q-J in Stud 8 which will invariably happen at least once.
Good luck to you and your friend Friday, hopefully I will be settled by the time you come down for the satellite for the main event. Lets hope the apartment gods see fit not to deal me another delay...
Good luck to you and your friend Friday, hopefully I will be settled by the time you come down for the satellite for the main event. Lets hope the apartment gods see fit not to deal me another delay...
Good luck. I noticed the prelim events haven't had too much action but maybe that is Borgata related. I'm hoping for a decent turnout Friday.
Good luck. I noticed the prelim events haven't had too much action but maybe that is Borgata related. I'm hoping for a decent turnout Friday.
I imagine it is. The final table is tomorrow though I believe, so hopefully the crowd will shift over the the boardwalk for you.

Just got back 3:30am. LOL. Long ass day.Finished 12th in the HOSE. Field in the mid 80's or so. Top 8 got moneys (sigh).When my table broke and we got down to 2 tables left, instead of drawing the table with Allen Kessler and a bunch of donks, I of course get to play shorthanded stud on the bubble with Chris Reslock and John Cernuto as well as a younger player who was very adept. Gross. I pretty much stayed out of their way and let them beat on each other unless I had a good steal situation. I picked on the other 3 players mostly as they weren't playing back as much. I busted in one of the grossest ways possible as well.LHE...UTG raises, I re-raise was AJos, he 3 bets and that has me covered. He flips Ad/8d. Clean flop rainbow, brick turn, River....8 of course. GG.Good tourney, lots of play. 14 hours till I busted in 12th. I did win a few hundred playing video poker waiting for the tourney to start so there you go.Most hilarious hand:I raise on the button in O8b with 3s/5s/Kc/10c. SB folds, BB calls. Flop is 10d/4s/6s. I bet. BB calls. Turn Jx. I bet. BB calls. River pairs J. I bet. BB calls and announces 3 aces and flips AAAQ. So awesome. My buddy who was railing at that time almost laughed himself out of the Taj. Anyhoo. Good times even though I came up slightly short this go round. Good luck to all.

Good luck man. How many events you plan on playing?
Depends on work really. I think I'm getting moved to a new group at the corp. soon so I'm not sure what they have in store for me in terms of work volume though I imagine it's significantly greater than my current position. I was hoping to play a 1k sat and maybe another prelim if possible but I'm really not sure yet....and what have you done with the underscored version of Poppy?
I'm right near Rutgers so it's not a terrible trip traffic permitting. Can you take the train from Penn to the AC station right near the new Conv. Center? If not, they should remedy that, I imagine lots of NYers would choose that option. I can walk to the New Brunswick station and that makes NYC trips a breeze. They should return the favor.
They do not have a train all the way to AC from NYC (which sucks!). They do run a train from Philly to AC.

Was in the Taj today, checking out a potential job as their Simulcast/Keno Manager. Stopped by the poker room to see how many people were playing in the 6-max event. Only 114, was pretty disappointed.7s7c, you still going up for the satellite?I am moving up for good Saturday, barring an act of God. :club:

Doesn't appear like I will. I have my fiance's sister's wedding (and I'm in it) on Sat. and it's in upstate NY thus I have to be there on Friday for the dinner, etc. Unless something happens like they call it off before then, I think I'm oot. GG. :club:

Enjoy the wedding. Let me know next time you are thinking about coming down for cash games, I should pretty much becoming a permanent fixture at the Borgata on the weekends. Gotta drop to 1/2 NL for a bit thanks to my continuing to spend money despite the move being pushed off, but I should be back to 2/5 NL shortly. Then the real grind begins up towards 5/10 NL.

Enjoy the wedding. Let me know next time you are thinking about coming down for cash games, I should pretty much becoming a permanent fixture at the Borgata on the weekends. Gotta drop to 1/2 NL for a bit thanks to my continuing to spend money despite the move being pushed off, but I should be back to 2/5 NL shortly. Then the real grind begins up towards 5/10 NL.
Cool. I'll prolly go down sometime in October I assume. I attempt to get down once a month. I'll play any of those so whatever yr at by that time is fine. I can usually round up some others as well. glglglglgl.

LMAO. 50 players for the USPC main event. gg USPC. Wedding was aight. I was in it which is a new experience for me since I don't have that many friends. My fiance's sister (not the one who got married) was mad sick tho from drinking and threw up in the hotel lobby and was damn near choking to death on her own vomit in her hotel room. Her mom helped her tho. Good times for sure.

LMAO. 50 players for the USPC main event. gg USPC. Wedding was aight. I was in it which is a new experience for me since I don't have that many friends. My fiance's sister (not the one who got married) was mad sick tho from drinking and threw up in the hotel lobby and was damn near choking to death on her own vomit in her hotel room. Her mom helped her tho. Good times for sure.
LOL wow only 50 players? Where did you see that number? I just did a quick Yahoo search and scanned a couple poker news (Cardplayer, Pokernews.com) sites and couldn't find anything. Glad to hear the wedding was decent and that your fiance's sister didn't bite the dust from getting hammered. Hopefully the day will be remembered for how happy the other sister was, not how drunk she got.
PokerPagesProbably due to conflict with Aruba, WSOPE, etc.
Pokerpages blamed a lack of ESPN picking up the coverage again, though I doubt that's really a reason for notable pros to go try and win moneys. I agree with DCJ001, lots of tourney conflict.
  • 2 weeks later...

ill be in ac tomorrow, and depending on what happens i don't know how long ill stick around. if i start playing saturday night and end up winning a lot ill grab a hotel room sunday morning and sleep all day and maybe hang around for as long as i keep winning.

ill be in ac tomorrow, and depending on what happens i don't know how long ill stick around. if i start playing saturday night and end up winning a lot ill grab a hotel room sunday morning and sleep all day and maybe hang around for as long as i keep winning.
Just saw this. Got some stuff I need to do today so I doubt I'll be at the tables, but good luck to you sir. Let us know how it goes.
Just saw this. Got some stuff I need to do today so I doubt I'll be at the tables, but good luck to you sir. Let us know how it goes.
i was in town to see my friend fight and he won so that was cool. the games sucked. 1/2 nlhe everybody bought in for like $70. I caught a bad beat all in preflop from some guy who shoved $25 more at me with ajo. He caught the straight. It was my fault I was cheering for him to win the whole time. Some kid stacked of to me with ak on a 459 board when i had 67s with a backdoor flush draw. I caught the 8 and he got all pissed and stormed off there. I would understand if he had made the call of the century and was holding 78 but ak isn't that much of a favorite there anyway and it was a really bad call on his part (hence my read of the situation and the shove, I didn't expect him to call with it). Won $38, left that night, payed for gas in my friends car. All in all fun, but i've had better.

New here to the board, but a frequent Borgata Poker Room visitor. I'll be there next on the wknd of Nov 7th, probably stay until Monday. Usually 1/2 or 2/5 NLHE for me. Sometimes ill throw in a quick SNG for 100 or 250.. Anyone gonna be there that weekend?

New here to the board, but a frequent Borgata Poker Room visitor. I'll be there next on the wknd of Nov 7th, probably stay until Monday. Usually 1/2 or 2/5 NLHE for me. Sometimes ill throw in a quick SNG for 100 or 250.. Anyone gonna be there that weekend?
Perhaps as it's my b-day weekend. Maybe I'll take a drive down and open up my yuck box on folks.
Perhaps as it's my b-day weekend. Maybe I'll take a drive down and open up my yuck box on folks.
Cool. Ill report back here the week of the 2nd.. Maybe we can meet up... Ill buy ya a bday drink :club:

I've been told not to make any plans for the weekend after my b-day so I assume I'm getting a trip from the fiance for my b-day. I'm guessing it's a trip up to Foxwoods as I've never been and I've been meaning to go up and play there a bit but I'll see.