LOL at you and your IQ.
Wow..not sure what I did to deserve that. I didn't realize I knocking republicans in any way. I knock idiots. I could care less what color, shape, or political affiliation you have. And yes, if you think Bush has done a good job...you are in fact, an idiot.
Didn't expect much more of a comeback than this lol. First you bash the President, then you bash anyone who doesn't see things your way. Wp...both of you :club::ts
  • Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well said.
Awfully said. It's our democracy (Actually our representative republic), so no, we're not the world's nation, and so foreign prisoners of war AND ILLEGAL ALIENS do not have the rights that we as citizens do.The Bill of Rights is for citizens of the USA...not anyone who happens to be here.The reason there's controversy is because this war isn't like others...there's really no "end" or "victory" because terrorism is a tactic, not a nation or culture. There will always be radical militant muslims, and other radical foreign militants, so really, this is a police action, not a "war on terror", no matter what Bush wants to call it.If you take a pot shot at the US or are directly involved in one, and we get you, you get tried immediately by a military tribunal and strung up, period. If you were just a supplier or what not, have fun rotting in jail either in your home country if they're an ally or some island we own if they're not.The only people that should be at Guantanamo for any length of time are those who have pertinent information to a currently-active terrorist organization.
Didn't expect much more of a comeback than this lol. First you bash the President, then you bash anyone who doesn't see things your way. Wp...both of you :club::ts
Typical elitist libs...don't agree with them, you're a heartless knuckledragger.

In my opinion, Guantanamo Bay is not much different than the Japanese Internment Camps here in the United States during WWII. People held indefinitely, without trial, without any proof offered that they had done anything wrong, their lives and livlihoods destroyed, - all because of fear! And that from the President who said "we have nothing to fear but fear itself". I thought we had learned from that experience. If we want to export American Democracy as the way to go, we have to show even those we think are enemies, how it's supposed to work. What we've shown right now is that in the end we're no different than the average authoritarian system of government. The old USSR would be so happy to see that after they fell, we stepped right up to take their place and operate with the same tactics. Makes me wonder if we'll really ever see an election this fall. Actually, a better name for Guantanamo would be Siberia.You know H, I never thought we'd ever be on the same side of an issue but this is one where we agree. :club: Don't worry, the sky's not falling.

Let me guess. You're the type of person who will post those democratic follies in this thread and then go into another and say how you won't vote democrat because they don't have balls to protect our nation or lead us in war.
Let me guess. You're the type of person who will post those democratic follies in this thread and then go into another and say how you won't vote democrat because they don't have balls to protect our nation or lead us in war.
Morans.jpg
I seriously don't think you understand what Scram was saying. He probably agrees with more of your beliefs than you could imagine. What he is criticizing is your sheep-like, partisan way of discussing politics, as if you're rooting a sports team, and bringing up non sequiturs that have nothing to do with anything. Democrats do this also, and this tendency to blindly parrot partisan lines, and bring up cliches like Ted Kennedy rather than think critically about issues, is why the American political system and political discourse is such an utter farce.
Yeah, you've got me pegged dawg...congrats.
I seriously don't think you understand what Scram was saying. He probably agrees with more of your beliefs than you could imagine. What he is criticizing is your sheep-like, partisan way of discussing politics, as if you're rooting a sports team, and bringing up non sequiturs that have nothing to do with anything. Democrats do this also, and this tendency to blindly parrot partisan lines, and bring up cliches like Ted Kennedy rather than think critically about issues, is why the American political system and political discourse is such an utter farce.
You mean like..."I hate Bush, rabble rabble rabble." Yeah, I'm the sheep lmao. "Hey kettle, you're black-love...Pot. You just made my point for me...thanks. And I'm sorry if I take issue with people bashing the hell out of MY President for no apparent reason except for "it's the thing to do." And then, when I take issue with someone for bashing MY President I am somehow looked upon as scum of the earth. Gee, what in the world was I thinking? Next time I'll just stand idly by as people bash MY President and say nothing...silly me lol. Oh and silly me as well for thinking that I could venture out from General to see what's going on over here. Way to make "new" people feel welcome.Take care y'all, God Bless.
Yeah, you've got me pegged dawg...congrats. Here's your parting gift: A nice new bumper sticker!You mean like..."I hate Bush, rabble rabble rabble." Yeah, I'm the sheep lmao. "Hey kettle, you're black-love...Pot. You just made my point for me...thanks. And I'm sorry if I take issue with people bashing the hell out of MY President for no apparent reason except for "it's the thing to do." And then, when I take issue with someone for bashing MY President I am somehow looked upon as scum of the earth. Gee, what in the world was I thinking? Next time I'll just stand idly by as people bash MY President and say nothing...silly me lol. Oh and silly me as well for thinking that I could venture out from General to see what's going on over here. Way to make "new" people feel welcome.Take care y'all, God Bless.
you should look up voltaire
Yeah, you've got me pegged dawg...congrats. You mean like..."I hate Bush, rabble rabble rabble." Yeah, I'm the sheep lmao. "Hey kettle, you're black-love...Pot. You just made my point for me...thanks. And I'm sorry if I take issue with people bashing the hell out of MY President for no apparent reason except for "it's the thing to do." And then, when I take issue with someone for bashing MY President I am somehow looked upon as scum of the earth. Gee, what in the world was I thinking? Next time I'll just stand idly by as people bash MY President and say nothing...silly me lol. Oh and silly me as well for thinking that I could venture out from General to see what's going on over here. Way to make "new" people feel welcome.Take care y'all, God Bless.
again, psycho, I said nothing about bush, and made not even one political comment. I said, specifically, in my post, that blind, shieepish parasianship is the plague of both parties, and our system in general. But you are incredibly stupid, and have had your mind so molded by your political team that you don't even understand the point I'm making. We are talking about the way you form and argument. People make specific points, but rather than address them, you say " oh yah, well Ted Keneddy is a drunk" as if that has anything to do with fcking anything. It would be the same thing if someone bitched about clinton about nafta, and a liberal said " Oh yeah, well reagan destroyed the air traffic controller union.." You bring up things that have exactly nothing to do with anything, instead of, you know, talking about the merits of your stance on an issue. In stead of talking about the issue, which is the rights of terrorists at Gitmo, and in general the role and extent of Judicial power. But rather than talk about the ruling, or defending the idea that prisoners should have no rights, you indead rattle off a laundry list stuff democrats have done in the past, as if politics is some retarded sporting match, and which ever party has done least fcked up stuff is the winner. The fact is, it's such simple minded political analysis that makes us all losers, while two parties that have essentially the same core beliefs keep your eyes focused on the monkey.Again, it is just simple minded for Dems to say " republicans are just war mongers" The fact is, both parties are war mongers, and our economy is largly dependent on war and defense funding.also, I give two shts about making you feel welcome.
So, if you're a republican, OK. You're a republican. You do realize that what liberals have done or even are presently doing in no way alleviates responsibility for the actions of other Republicans? If a Democrat makes some horrendous decision, that doesn't somehow negate the terrible decision-making of Bush... You understand that, right?If not, LOL at you and your IQ.If so, then one has to wonder why you keep making everything a relative matter? Democratic presidents and wars, Ted Kennedy, etc.
I think we can conclude that the answer is " No, he does not understand it" and can commence LOL-ing.Also, LOL at him thinking you're a Democrat.

Lol at SportSmack's reading comprehension.Next time before reading and replying, try looking through the day's Family Circus or going through the puzzles on the back of your cereal box, you know, to warm up your brain. It could help.

Awfully said. It's our democracy (Actually our representative republic), so no, we're not the world's nation, and so foreign prisoners of war AND ILLEGAL ALIENS do not have the rights that we as citizens do.
The state of morality in this country saddens me. Or perhaps it's xenophobia. Either way, this notion that people are somehow less human for having been born across an imaginary line is appalling.If you are not moved by the appalling inhumanity of the situation (imprisoning US and foreign citizens without a trial, without representation, without charges), then maybe an appeal to the practical will help: the way the US treats people in this situation is a signal to other countries how to treat US citizens. How would you like to be whisked away to a secret location, never charged, never allowed outside contact, for being the wrong color and/or religion?
again, psycho, I said nothing about bush, and made not even one political comment. I said, specifically, in my post, that blind, shieepish parasianship is the plague of both parties, and our system in general. But you are incredibly stupid, and have had your mind so molded by your political team that you don't even understand the point I'm making. We are talking about the way you form and argument. People make specific points, but rather than address them, you say " oh yah, well Ted Keneddy is a drunk" as if that has anything to do with fcking anything. It would be the same thing if someone bitched about clinton about nafta, and a liberal said " Oh yeah, well reagan destroyed the air traffic controller union.." You bring up things that have exactly nothing to do with anything, instead of, you know, talking about the merits of your stance on an issue. In stead of talking about the issue, which is the rights of terrorists at Gitmo, and in general the role and extent of Judicial power. But rather than talk about the ruling, or defending the idea that prisoners should have no rights, you indead rattle off a laundry list stuff democrats have done in the past, as if politics is some retarded sporting match, and which ever party has done least fcked up stuff is the winner. The fact is, it's such simple minded political analysis that makes us all losers, while two parties that have essentially the same core beliefs keep your eyes focused on the monkey.Again, it is just simple minded for Dems to say " republicans are just war mongers" The fact is, both parties are war mongers, and our economy is largly dependent on war and defense funding.also, I give two shts about making you feel welcome.
Lol at SportSmack's reading comprehension.Next time before reading and replying, try looking through the day's Family Circus or going through the puzzles on the back of your cereal box, you know, to warm up your brain. It could help.
:club: Lol, like I said, since there obviously won't be any form of adult discussion here, and all you guys want to do is bash people...I hope you both have very nice days. Take care and God Bless.Oh and just a little link that might be helpful...hope this helps
:club: Lol, like I said, since there obviously won't be any form of adult discussion here, and all you guys want to do is bash people...I hope you both have very nice days. Take care and God Bless.Oh and just a little link that might be helpful...hope this helps
Perhaps Big D is a bit harsh but he isn't bashing you per se. He's bashing your ignorant arguments in this thread. The "Well your guy did this, nyah nyah nyah." Maybe you'd like my avatar to use to with your "argument". This is a DEBATE about a particular issue. And as is typical of someone who has never actually participated in a debate, you're bringing in all this extraenous information like it's relevent. So far everything you've posted hasn't been relevant to the debate at hand. I imagine this is probably the way you and your spouse fight as well. Instead of addressing the issue that is being discussed, you bring up what she did 20 years ago. How well does that strategy work for you? What people have been trying to tell you that regardless of how well that might work in your personal life, it's not going to fly here. My advice is to READ and READ and READ and don't be just getting all your information from Rush Limbaugh, Fox News and those extreme partisan right wing sites. Then maybe you'll be able to come back and form an intelligent argument.
Perhaps Big D is a bit harsh but he isn't bashing you per se. He's bashing your ignorant arguments in this thread. The "Well your guy did this, nyah nyah nyah." Maybe you'd like my avatar to use to with your "argument". This is a DEBATE about a particular issue. And as is typical of someone who has never actually participated in a debate, you're bringing in all this extraenous information like it's relevent. So far everything you've posted hasn't been relevant to the debate at hand. I imagine this is probably the way you and your spouse fight as well. Instead of addressing the issue that is being discussed, you bring up what she did 20 years ago. How well does that strategy work for you? What people have been trying to tell you that regardless of how well that might work in your personal life, it's not going to fly here. My advice is to READ and READ and READ and don't be just getting all your information from Rush Limbaugh, Fox News and those extreme partisan right wing sites. Then maybe you'll be able to come back and form an intelligent argument.
So now that everyone has had the time to rant and rant and rant, I'm gonna say this one last thing because I'm growing extremely bored by this whole thing.Was my post about all the past stuff that Democrats have done wrong, the right way to go about forming an argument? Obviously not. But that's my point, and maybe if instead of flaming me from the get go, someone would have bothered to post a semi-adult response (read: no insults or curses) you would've have known that. The Ted Kennedy post was obviously a joke and in no way a reasonable response to Guantanamo. The next post about past Democrats flaws was the same thing. But it was this comment that got me started "If I had to guess I would say OP is without question in the teenyweeny% that believe Bush has done a good job while POTUS." What an arrogant, elitist thing to say. It's people like that who hate on the President because "it's the thing to do" or "because I don't have a brain of my own to form ideas of my own, so I'll just join the long line of haters" that really bugs me. So I figured I drop some non-sense of my own to show ignorant thinkers like this how stupid they really do sound. The joke irony was obviously lost on many of you. Side notes: Not married (proceed with the "no way?" "what a surprise" jokes), Don't watch Fox News, absolutely can't stand Limbaugh, getting very annoyed lately with Sean Hannity, can watch O'Reilly only in small doses...does that pretty much answer all of the stereotypes that you threw out at me?
Next time before reading and replying, try looking through the day's Family Circus or going through the puzzles on the back of your cereal box, you know, to warm up your brain. It could help.
Why do you have to bash Family Circus?It just so happens that I like Family Circus. :club: No, it isn't exactly biting, incisive social commentary and yes, most of the time, I'm thinking about what dirty caption would best replace the original one, but really; is nothing sacred here? It's FAMILY FUCKING CIRCUS for christs sake.Taking a swipe at family Circus is like laughing at the short-bus retard in a wheelchair wearing the helmet. It's totally uncalled for and frankly, just needlessly cruel towards something absolutely benign and that IN NO FUCKING WAY purports itself to be anything other than an unoffensive lump on the texture of life; something that the ordinary butchers, bakers and candle stick makers who make this very world spin round might enjoy with their morning tea before trudging into another suicide inducing, miserable day doing some horrible job that they hate. Family_Circus%202002-01-08.gifYet you, LongLiveYorkie with your Radiohead and your hifalutin "mathematics" (which may or may not be real- quite possibly just another leftist rouse to debase Jesus) see fit to storm in here like some elitist liberal fag and bash a wholesome American institution, probably because it isn't based in your gay "New York City" and doesn't involve interracial intercourse, sipping limon aperitifs and eating vegetable finger sandwiches or shoehorning some bogus social cause down everyones throats like Tibet or Darfour or the whales or whatever the fuck it happens to be today with your and your kind.
So now that everyone has had the time to rant and rant and rant, I'm gonna say this one last thing because I'm growing extremely bored by this whole thing.Was my post about all the past stuff that Democrats have done wrong, the right way to go about forming an argument? Obviously not. But that's my point, and maybe if instead of flaming me from the get go, someone would have bothered to post a semi-adult response (read: no insults or curses) you would've have known that. The Ted Kennedy post was obviously a joke and in no way a reasonable response to Guantanamo. The next post about past Democrats flaws was the same thing. But it was this comment that got me started "If I had to guess I would say OP is without question in the teenyweeny% that believe Bush has done a good job while POTUS." What an arrogant, elitist thing to say. It's people like that who hate on the President because "it's the thing to do" or "because I don't have a brain of my own to form ideas of my own, so I'll just join the long line of haters" that really bugs me. So I figured I drop some non-sense of my own to show ignorant thinkers like this how stupid they really do sound. The joke irony was obviously lost on many of you. Side notes: Not married (proceed with the "no way?" "what a surprise" jokes), Don't watch Fox News, absolutely can't stand Limbaugh, getting very annoyed lately with Sean Hannity, can watch O'Reilly only in small doses...does that pretty much answer all of the stereotypes that you threw out at me?
Okay then now that your little rant is out of the way also, how about some actual dialogue on the subject at hand? Do you really think that what has gone on at Guantanamo Bay is the best example of American Democracy in action? If it ever happens that the people who are locked up there are exonerated and go home, do you really think that they'll recommend having a friendly relationship with America? Or is it just possible that by doing what we're doing in Guantanamo, we are providing our real enemies with concrete logical propaganda tools to reach and recruit more people to their side? If we are unwilling to follow our own laws regarding prisoners of war, why would anyone else? If we are doing this to foreigners in our country, what prevents other countries from doing the same to our citizens? It's my opinion that if this is the case then America is no longer the country that I believe in, grew up in, that my ancestors fought for and I will do the best my little part can do to restore it.
haha. you don't understand things. that amuses me.
Okay then now that your little rant is out of the way also, how about some actual dialogue on the subject at hand? Do you really think that what has gone on at Guantanamo Bay is the best example of American Democracy in action? If it ever happens that the people who are locked up there are exonerated and go home, do you really think that they'll recommend having a friendly relationship with America? Or is it just possible that by doing what we're doing in Guantanamo, we are providing our real enemies with concrete logical propaganda tools to reach and recruit more people to their side? If we are unwilling to follow our own laws regarding prisoners of war, why would anyone else? If we are doing this to foreigners in our country, what prevents other countries from doing the same to our citizens? It's my opinion that if this is the case then America is no longer the country that I believe in, grew up in, that my ancestors fought for and I will do the best my little part can do to restore it.
"LOL @ you thinking that...a. We care what terrorists and "enemy combatants" who TERRORIZE and COMBAT us think of usb. That if they were treated to a freakin suite at the Ritz instead of a prison cell that they would be any more inclined to "recommend having a friendly relationship with America." These people don't give an eff about us...hence they terrorize us. Most are born and bred to hate us and anything we stand for. And don't go giving me the "we make them hate us" speech. If I really need to explain this to you, then wow...just wow.
The next post about past Democrats flaws was the same thing. But it was this comment that got me started "If I had to guess I would say OP is without question in the teenyweeny% that believe Bush has done a good job while POTUS." What a sensical, American thing to say.
FYPSo I guess since he is MY president I can't be critical of him? Coming into office with one of the largest monetary surpluses in history and deciding to use it for all of the wrong reasons is sufficient to bash him. Combine that with a complete lack of caring for fundamental human rights and you have a lemon. Apparently elitist is the go to term huh? If you criticize...ELITIST!
"LOL @ you thinking that...a. We care what terrorists and "enemy combatants" who TERRORIZE and COMBAT us think of usb. That if they were treated to a freakin suite at the Ritz instead of a prison cell that they would be any more inclined to "recommend having a friendly relationship with America." These people don't give an eff about us...hence they terrorize us. Most are born and bred to hate us and anything we stand for. And don't go giving me the "we make them hate us" speech. If I really need to explain this to you, then wow...just wow.
You really really need to get out more.