• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are the Coen Brothers doing a Fast and Furious movie? Because that would be...I don't know what that would be.

I would like to point out that I took this advice about 6 months ago, and DAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMNNNNNNNN!!!!!! That's all I will say. DAMN!!!

He didn't say not to watch it. In fact, he specifically said, "Now go watch it." He was just trying to lower my expectations.

He didn't say not to watch it. In fact, he specifically said, "Now go watch it." He was just trying to lower my expectations.
You complete me, Jelly.
There was a XXX 2?EDIT: Oh ya, it had Ice Cube in it, I can't remember if I ever watched it.
Yes, and it was an abortion. all of the XTREME magjc of the first one was gone, and thry tried to replace it with ghetto hipness. BUt of course, ghetto hippness has been done to death, and in this case seemed like ghetto hipness written by XTREME jews, so it just came out flat, as opposed to the XTREME xXx, which came out awesome. I'm hoping Vin can bring the magic back to the franchise, but it might just be too late. things aren't as XTREME as they were when xXx dropped, I'm sad to say.
But I did think you were unnecessarily an ass to GWC. Especially since it seems I agree with him on the humor.IDIOT
I'm not sure posting a lovely picture of some fine young gentlemen is unnecessarily mean, but agree to disagree.Maybe you'll like it better the 2nd time around, the dialogue was pretty funny/wonderful.On a related note, I just watched A Serious Man for the 2nd time last night, and it was much better, as expected.

listen, all kidding aside, xXx is awesome. It's like a full length mountain dew commercial circa 1999. The pitch of the movie I'm sure went like this...Studio Exec: Alright, Hershel.. what do you have for me today.Producer: Well, Mr. Schlomo, it's an action movie staring Vin DieselStudio Exec: oh, I like it already, I just saw that fast and furious. Vin is SO hot right now. what's it aboutProducer: Well right, well... picture this, it's an update of the james bond franchise! None of those stuffy martini's and tuxedo's. Vin plays xXx, a Gen X hero, with a gen x attitude. Picture James Bond... but XTREME!Studio Exec: Oh, I like it. My kids are into all that extreme games crap, like snow boarding. Can you work in snow boarding somehow?Producer: done and done.It really is a Bond movie btw. Q is a 20's computer geek tech nerd, and M is played by, of course, Samuel L Jackson. There's a eastern european bond girl and everything. If you go into the movie with the idea you're going to see a Bond movie hilariously wedded to Xtreme sports in the most gratuitous ways, you'll love this movie

You're out of your element, Donny.
Well, I mean, maybe not Lebowski funny/wonderful...
Well, I mean, maybe not Lebowski funny/wonderful...
This is what I initially wrote:
I wasn't looking to laugh, but I still did a lot of it. Not like belly laughs, but just an amusement of the dialogue. I love the way they write dialogue, like the scenes with the girl and the horse trader. There's plenty to laugh about in there.
And GWC basically agreed. There's a lot of stuff that is recognized as funny, but it's not howling with laughter funny.
This is what I initially wrote:And GWC basically agreed. There's a lot of stuff that is recognized as funny, but it's not howling with laughter funny.
GWC's post seemed to say that people were laughing, but personally, he didn't find it funny. I disagree with that, I didn't kill his mother. You guys need to watch it again.
GWC's post seemed to say that people were laughing, but personally, he didn't find it funny. I disagree with that, I didn't kill his mother. You guys need to watch it again.
Ah crap, I just started listing moments I found funny in a, "that's funny", thinking to myself kind of way kind of way but the list kept growing and got impossibly long.

So I saw True Grit tonight, and here are my thoughts

So I was sitting there, watching the trailers, and this trailer started, in some south american jungle, and I said out loud to my friend " oh god, please let this be xXx 3" and he laughed, knowing my mild obsession with the movie. So the trailer goes on, and some masked guys are stealing some money from drug dealers, and some south american sterotype says " do you know who you're stealing from" and a man in a mask, ripped to all hell, with the glorious voice of Vin Diesel says " we aint stealing it" and I swear to god I let out with a WHOOP of joy. Like, it was a goosebump moment... and then.. oh and then, the Rock came on the screen, and I thought " no way.. no ****ING way, Vin AND the rock are in xXx 3!?!?!?! But, at the end of the Rock's monolog, the rock says " and what ever you do, don't let them get into a car" and I was deflated, as I knew it was just a Fast and Furious sequel, and not the trailer for xXx 3. BUT, Fast and the Furious is ****ing sweet too, and Fast Five has Vin AND the rock, the team up we've been waiting all decade for, so I can't complain too much. In other news, true grit was awesome.

• 2 weeks later...