Colin Cowherd Is The Worst Talk Show Host Of All Time..

around the horn was great with Max Kellerman. His contempt for the writards that came on the show was so hysterical.
Yes, thisalthough I despise that show even though I love Reali on PTI. Can't watch it. Not with Woody Paige, Mariotti and the like. Cowlishaw seems decent. Jackie McMullen used to be a decent writer. Not so much with the on air persona. Plaschke is another decent writer who doesn't translate to tv.
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When I'm wrong, I say I'm wrong. Lebatard's golden age is now.

I enjoyed the show when none of the writers were talking.
It was worth it just to hear Kellerman abuse them. I wish he'd get a radio show again, his show was great when ESPN wasn't ****ing with the format.
I heard him (lebatard) and Simmons are doing some PTI this summer, and I actually think BS would be great at that format, giving short little pithy blurbs about people.I love Lebatard as a writer, I love his perspective on sports, and his show is legitimately funny. Not sports funny, but actually clever and creative. I'm so glad they have the whole show on podcast.
yeah, you should find the Simmons podcast that had Lebatard as a guest, it was very solid. Dan backed Bill into a corner and made him commit. He made Dan promise to wear a Tony Montana like suit when they do it. I've read Danny's last few columns, the one on Leyritz, the one on Jimmy Johnson and the latest one on Bernie Kosar. All solid. Like you said, he takes a perspective that few do, the players perspective. The cynic. The one I most align with.
yeah, you should find the Simmons podcast that had Lebatard as a guest, it was very solid. Dan backed Bill into a corner and made him commit. He made Dan promise to wear a Tony Montana like suit when they do it. I've read Danny's last few columns, the one on Leyritz, the one on Jimmy Johnson and the latest one on Bernie Kosar. All solid. Like you said, he takes a perspective that few do, the players perspective. The cynic. The one I most align with.
and he takes such a bold stand against sports cliches and all of the superstitious nonsense that plagues so much of sports talk radio, TV commentators, and print journalism. I wish he had a national show, but ESPN would neuter it, so It's probably better he doesn't.
Can we all agree that Skip Bayless should never be allowed to speak in public again? I hate that guy.There are only a few sports talk shows that are worthwhile...luckily for me, one of them is a local show in Boston (though most Boston sports radio is absolute shit). Can someone from around here please back me up about Dale and Holley being fantastic?
I agree with this. Has anyone ever listened to Todd Wright on Sporting News Radio, either at night or in the morning? The guy is terrible, loves to hear himself talk, doesn't really have callers that call in. So basically its him just spouting off about how much he thinks he knows. The thing is the only sports he really know sh*t about is Nascar, Golf, Tennis, and WWE wrestling.
I agree with this. Has anyone ever listened to Todd Wright on Sporting News Radio, either at night or in the morning? The guy is terrible, loves to hear himself talk, doesn't really have callers that call in. So basically its him just spouting off about how much he thinks he knows. The thing is the only sports he really know sh*t about is Nascar, Golf, Tennis, and WWE wrestling.
Todd wright used to be the over night guy on the weekends for fox or espn, I forget which. He's terrible.

I get a daily email from myESPN Today that has some pretty nice info but I'm considering unsubscribing due to this ad they've been putting in daily.espn-728x90-5175.jpg

and he takes such a bold stand against sports cliches and all of the superstitious nonsense that plagues so much of sports talk radio, TV commentators, and print journalism. I wish he had a national show, but ESPN would neuter it, so It's probably better he doesn't.
LeBatard is fantastic. The problem is he gets knocked for being a "player's" journalist but I think it is awesome to have someone calling out fans/other media on their crazy expectations and ridiculous behavior.
he's actually been offered a national show, but he said that he's scared to do it because of the exact reason you listed
he's actually been offered a national show, but he said that he's scared to do it because of the exact reason you listed
It would have t be syndicated and not affiliated with Fox or ESPN.
Plaschke is another decent writer who doesn't translate to tv.
Just to be certain, are we talking about the same Plaschke? You're not talking about, like, Carl Plaschke or Melvin Plaschke or something? Are you talking about Bill Plaschke, who wrote this article?http://articles.latimes.com/2006/aug/16/sports/sp-plaschke16And this one?http://articles.latimes.com/2008/oct/24/sports/sp-plaschke24I mean, the man very well may be the most incapable, hackneyed faggot-with-a-quill on the planet. I don't want to nitpick, but it's important that everyone know exactly how mother****ing retarded Plaschke is. I don't listen to the radio much, but I love LeBetard.ESPN and talk radio are almost always crap. The uber-coverage of NY/BOS crap is my second biggest pet-peeve in sports, behind "the Great White Athlete."
Just to be certain, are we talking about the same Plaschke? You're not talking about, like, Carl Plaschke or Melvin Plaschke or something? Are you talking about Bill Plaschke, who wrote this article?http://articles.latimes.com/2006/aug/16/sports/sp-plaschke16And this one?http://articles.latimes.com/2008/oct/24/sports/sp-plaschke24I mean, the man very well may be the most incapable, hackneyed faggot-with-a-quill on the planet. I don't want to nitpick, but it's important that everyone know exactly how mother****ing retarded Plaschke is. I don't listen to the radio much, but I love LeBetard.ESPN and talk radio are almost always crap. The uber-coverage of NY/BOS crap is my second biggest pet-peeve in sports, behind "the Great White Athlete."
Holy crap, I just read those Plashke pieces. That's just terrible, terrible stuff.

I'll have to read those. I've read probably two of his pieces, tops, over the years. I'm going on the little bit that I read and comments from other writers that I like.I don't have an extensive library on him.Writers I've read a bunch of and enjoyed.Bill SimmonsJason Whitlockothers, but mostly it's the page 2 ESPN crew.

I'll have to read those. I've read probably two of his pieces, tops, over the years. I'm going on the little bit that I read and comments from other writers that I like.I don't have an extensive library on him.Writers I've read a bunch of and enjoyed.Bill SimmonsJason Whitlockothers, but mostly it's the page 2 ESPN crew.
I enjoy how fired up Wang got over the fact that you called him decent. Not great, good, enjoyable, or even above-average, just decent.
I enjoy how fired up Wang got over the fact that you called him decent. Not great, good, enjoyable, or even above-average, just decent.
It's very important every rational person agree that Bill Plaschke : Decent Writer :: Hunchback of Notre Dame : Average-Looking Dude
Ok, so I've been listening to a lot of talk radio lately. In Des Moines have two AM sports talk stations and one of the two just started up. It's ESPN. The other is all local people. Anyway, Mike & Mike are awesome. I don't see how anyone couldn't like them. Colin Cowherd is awful... he's much much worse that you made him sound. I really enjoy Scott Van Pelt. I don't know if anyone has been bashing him, but I think he's great. PTI is perfect, obv.
You have fantastic taste in sports talk radio. I am going to have to start listening to Lebatard based on your recommendation. I think both Ryen Russillo and Eric Kuselias do a pretty decent job when filling in for Mike & Mike or Tirico & Van Pelt.I am sure that there will be few else that appreciate this, but my favorite example of why Cowherd is worthless comes from 2007 when Mizzou was briefly in the college football national championship picture. The week before we played Oklahoma in the Big 12 Championship, Cowherd spent an entire show talking about how Oklahoma would win because Pinkel doesn't do well against super high profile opposing coaches. Now, there is absolutely nothing wrong with strongly leaning toward OK to win (especially in hindsight. . :club: ), and nothing wrong with the position that Pinkel has trouble against big name coaches. But the ONE example that he kept harping on to support his position was the 2005 Independence Bowl when Mizzou faced Spurrier and South Carolina during Brad Smith's senior year. Only one small problem with that example: Mizzou won that game 38-31. I don't expect the guy to have encylopedic knowledge of all of those bowl games, but if you're gonna rely on one single game as an example to support your argument, the outcome of that game strikes me as somewhat of an important detail.
It's very important every rational person agree that Bill Plaschke : Decent Writer :: Hunchback of Notre Dame : Average-Looking Dude
Jay Mariotti or Bill Plaschke? I think part of Mex's problem is that most of the regulars on ATH are horrifically annoying so Plaschke comes off better than he should.I have never read anything by him but I think Tim Cowlishaw comes off well on ATH.
Jay Mariotti or Bill Plaschke? I think part of Mex's problem is that most of the regulars on ATH are horrifically annoying so Plaschke comes off better than he should.I have never read anything by him but I think Tim Cowlishaw comes off well on ATH.
I'm not even addressing Plash-key's TV appearances. All I'm saying is that ****-face-key is the worst sportswriter I've ever read. It's just... it's really hard to believe how horrible he is. He's stupid, illogical, and his prose is so hackneyed that my blood-pressure goes up by like 30 ticks whenever I have to read a Plaschke-graph.If you haven't read those articles I linked earlier, just read them. Actually, I'll post part of one here. When you read this, remember it was written by a man who has won awards for his writing:On Brett Favre Pass, a legacy catches hell.It is a dead end street, but a sports bar there is a thoroughfare of debate.What's he doing? Where was he doing it? Who called whom? Why Brett why?On Brett Favre Pass, some folks are wishing he had thrown his last."I just wish he had stayed retired," said Ron Enke, manager of Champion's sports bar, located a Hail Mary away from Green Bay's Lambeau Field. "What coming back has done for his image, what it has done for the mood of the town, lots of people wish he had stayed retired."Eight months after the face of the NFL tearfully announced his retirement, that face is bruised and blushing.It is the face of an accused liar. It is the face of an alleged cheater. It is a face lost.The works of a lifetime, tarnished in less than a football season. An American hero, undone by the American way.That's the thing about freedom. It gives us the right to choose wrong.The score is now final, and it's not even close.The words don't make sense. The prose is disgusting. The stupid rhyme scheme makes me... I want to punch anybody who even bears a remote resemblance to Bill Plaschke right in his stupid face until he is in so much pain he wishes he were dead. I want to nurse that person back to health, pay for the finest of medical care, get him plastic surgery and 24/7 attention; then I want to punch him in his face once every hour for the rest of his life. One time every single hour.
  • 8 years later...

When I'm wrong, I say I'm wrong. Lebatard's golden age is now.

• Like 1