Deep in Early Double A - 35 left or so, i'm about 15th in chips.Preflop I have 50k, villain has 47k.Full Tilt (7 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Jheart.gif, Jclub.gif. SB posts a blind of 1200. 2 folds, Hero raises to 6550, 2 folds, SB (poster) calls 5350, 1 fold.Flop: 9spade.gif, Tspade.gif, Qheart.gif(2 players) (Pot about 18k)SB checks, Hero??New to table ish, about 12 hands so farVillain is around 30/20, nothing particuarly on him.I've showed down A4 vs TT aipf to double up about 5/6 hands ago.edit: bet/pot sizes not converted. Raised approx what it saysI really wanted him to bet into me so I could reraise all inDo you lead out here for check behind?

His calling range could easily have hit that flop but only KJ and/or 2 spades (including Qs) would be worrysome. I'd be pretty happy with that flop and not so anxious to lose the SB just yet but also wiery enough not to go broke with the second best hand. I think 10K makes it cheap enough for the SB to chase but still takes away the right odds to do so. While the str8 draw is in your favour, his calling range could easily have one of your outs - i.e the Kx while you have 2 of his str8 draws but none of the flush outs. 2 pair are very possible as is a spade draw so you still have a vulnerable hand. If he calls you can figure he has a draw or pair other than queens (or slowplaying to the turn) but if he ck-raises you now have a tuf decision - all-in and crippled if you lose or fold with sufficent stack to remain competitive. Discounting outs that help you but possily help SB more;1. Js, Ks & 8s - flush cards2. Jd - str8 card Your down to 6 safe outs and still short of the nuts even if you hit your str8 as even the 2 spades could kill your str8 on the river. I guess that's why they call it gambling :>)10K should be enough and re-evaluate after he acts and/or the turn card

That's what I guessed was coming..Fold - you're not pot committed and still have a healthy stack to recoup with. But you called didn't ya? It's a tuf call for sure and I sure can understand it but for me it's not just how much I can win but how badly my stack will suffer should I lose. In this case that's quite a bit and the blinds are just too high to mount much of a comeback. All he needs is a single Q and 2 blanks while you have as few as 6 outs.

I'm a little conservative at times and this is one of them...With 2 Spades on the board, your OESD looks feasible but vulnerable. I'd seriously consider checking behind to see what comes on the turn and betting about 13K (or shove/call if villain bets) if no spade arrives, but I think that is probably not the best move. A bet of about 13K will truly tell the tale, but I smell a check-raise coming from a guy who likely hit that flop running.

check behind. You would hate to get re-raised when 8 cards give you a big hand.
It seems like you have become more conservative... But I agree with you on this one, kind of. I think only 6 cards give you a big hand that you can be sure of because of the flush draw.
It seems like you have become more conservative... But I agree with you on this one, kind of. I think only 6 cards give you a big hand that you can be sure of because of the flush draw.
If anything Ive become less conservative...I was pretty weak tight post flop and Im getting far more aggressive. I counted the set cards as big hands because you arent always against a flush draw, and when you are they dont always come in. Regardless, its a "check if you'd hate a reraise" situation.

I'd also check behind. I go with the idea mentioned before about it being a flop that you don't want to get raised on. On his shove, I doubt someone would push a flush draw in that spot that heavily. It looks to me as if he's instead protecting against any draws. My stab in the dark as to what he has would probably be TT. KJ is possible if he thinks you'd bet AsKs there I suppose. He really doesn't want a bigger straight or the flush to beat him but knows you'd have to lay down AK in that spot.Did you call the all-in? I'd be surprised if you weren't beat on the flop.