Deep In The $55 $50k On Stars

1) It's a coinflip at worst, and 2) "Tournament life" is one of the most overrated and misapplied concepts around. I strongly believe this. People who pass up edges are not usually the people who win tournaments.
point 2... what I am trying to change. Exactly what I feel my issue has been getting deep but not having them SHOW ME THA MONEEYYYYYY!!!!!
So chek - raise was the guy named "hsduke" that stacked you ? Can't remember, but I think it is........
No it was jusfoolinNice name imo. He finished 7th.
No it was jusfoolinNice name imo. He finished 7th.
oh, ok thanks..... The guy that won was an even bigger donk then, lol..... Not to say is name but it rimes with puke :club:
oh, ok thanks..... The guy that won was an even bigger donk then, lol..... Not to say is name but it rimes with puke :club:
LOLThe guy that you picked as the most experienced, dangerous at my table finished like 4th. And he was way behind me in chips - like 62k before posting the BB in the hand in question. BLEH. I could have waited sure. But I think this was a prime opportunity.
LOLThe guy that you picked as the most experienced, dangerous at my table finished like 4th. And he was way behind me in chips - like 62k before posting the BB in the hand in question. BLEH. I could have waited sure. But I think this was a prime opportunity.
LMAO.... I'm pretty sure you are STIIIIILL questioning yourself :club::ts Hence the "BLEH. I could have waited sure. But I think this was a prime opportunity."Give it up man, you made the right play.....Or maybe NOT :D BTW see you at 50K guaranteed FT tonight :D
Two tournys last night... one of those 9.90 360 mans and this one. Both - out in 28th. WTF?
LOL, My number yesterday was 14...... 14th. and 114th. in both 50K'sSo basically we have unfinished business tonight, so you better be there :club:

Get a room.Obv call. Considerin I'd seen what the guy had been doing even more of a call.FWIW I like his move here (I know what he had) although I'd imagine a lot would disagree

Get a room.Obv call. Considerin I'd seen what the guy had been doing even more of a call.FWIW I like his move here (I know what he had) although I'd imagine a lot would disagree
Jealousy is not becoming on you!I don't hate his move either here from the CO with the stacks behind it looks good too.
Jealousy is not becoming on you!I don't hate his move either here from the CO with the stacks behind it looks good too.
ExactlyI read something earlier I agree with but which is hard to put into calculationsIt was about AQ making up more of his range than 77 and not just because of combinations of being dealt itPartly to do with the nature of the player who shoves as well
Another viable range for this guy is AJ+, 77-TT, Puts us at almost 60%. Might even be able to add KQs into that range. If you want to win this thing I think you have to take this. I should add that the avg stack at this point is about 140k if I remember correctly.I'm trying to figure it out, but I don't think I make FT's laying down in this spot. The hands that worry me most I am very safely taking out of his range and that is AA and KK.
Fair enough...Better read than me, probably...
lol! andI hear ya. And it's not a big misstake to fold or call. But I just cannot understand why you should back down if you think you're in front.
The question is: How much in front do you think you are? But, good point
1) It's a coinflip at worst, and 2) "Tournament life" is one of the most overrated and misapplied concepts around. I strongly believe this. People who pass up edges are not usually the people who win tournaments.
Good point and taken...

you'll go deep there more often in the future and you'll probably get into similar spots over time. you probably lost that flip and you still get out with more money than you entered with. i'd say if you win that flip, over the long run you make more money by fting more often than by folding and hoping for a better spot or by moving up the money ladder. i snapcall.looking at how often villain did this, i don't think he shows up with TT-AA and AQo+ or AQs+ like, ever. he probably shoves something like A7-AJ and small pocket pairs. he probably saw you giving up your blinds a lot.

LOL. At least once a week or so someone posts the trademarked "Deepstacked AK faces a shove from maniac" topic.The only guarantee I have for you is this thread will end up bigger than 5 pages.FWIW - I call here half the time and fold half the time. One factor I always consider is how easily I've been able to steal and pick up pots at a table. If the table shows little resistance and I'm profitting without too many showdowns, I'm less willing to flip a coin for the whole enchilada. On the other hand, if the table is full of lagtards, AK is golden vs. so much of that range that I think we almost have to call, especially since so many of our Ax/99 steals are going to be flatted PF from the button and BB...

LOL. At least once a week or so someone posts the trademarked "Deepstacked AK faces a shove from maniac" topic.The only guarantee I have for you is this thread will end up bigger than 5 pages.FWIW - I call here half the time and fold half the time. One factor I always consider is how easily I've been able to steal and pick up pots at a table. If the table shows little resistance and I'm profitting without too many showdowns, I'm less willing to flip a coin for the whole enchilada. On the other hand, if the table is full of lagtards, AK is golden vs. so much of that range that I think we almost have to call, especially since so many of our Ax/99 steals are going to be flatted PF from the button and BB...
Yeah, the players to my left were decently strong. And I had not been able to pick up many pots at the table without getting it all in.

I havent read the responses.. but you have like 18 bbs.. you should be welcoming a possible 70-30 edge or 50-50 at worse.. ALOT of times this shove is a weird hand like 88 but often it can be someone donking off with A-10- AK.... I think his range here is 66+ and A10+.. alot of players just don't understand how to play late so they go ape shit with 8s.. please please please never fold here.. you arent deep enough and this is a great spot to double up. Alot of ur equity with AK is when you get it against Ax.. this is a great spot EV wise.. never fold here.

The blinds are so big that you cannot afford to be passing up edges.If we fold here, we will have 12bb left at the next blind increase, which is an extremely awkward stack size to work with. Too deep to open shove light, and too shallow to raise/fold. If we fold here we have to then play quite tight and wait for decent hands.we are at worst a coinflip here against his range and we could be up to 60% against his range. If we fold there is a decent chance we are going to have to shove with a hand like ATo or KQ very soon, blindly hoping noone picks up a better hand to call with. By folding here we plunge ourselves into uncertainty.If we double, we have a good size stack and we can then start to bully others.
perfect response

Youre so far ahead of his range I cant see folding here. Your adjusted M is around 7 and thats no time to be sitting on your hands with AK. The only rare exception might be if you satted in a nd were playing over your head and laddering up two spots is meaningful to your bankroll. That would take some big numbers to make any sense though.

I havent read the responses.. but you have like 18 bbs.. you should be welcoming a possible 70-30 edge or 50-50 at worse.. ALOT of times this shove is a weird hand like 88 but often it can be someone donking off with A-10- AK.... I think his range here is 66+ and A10+.. alot of players just don't understand how to play late so they go ape shit with 8s.. please please please never fold here.. you arent deep enough and this is a great spot to double up. Alot of ur equity with AK is when you get it against Ax.. this is a great spot EV wise.. never fold here.
Hey TJ - thanks for the response. Good to see you venturing into strat. Hopefully we can get more of your input.And yeah, I would never fold this.
Youre so far ahead of his range I cant see folding here. Your adjusted M is around 7 and thats no time to be sitting on your hands with AK. The only rare exception might be if you satted in a nd were playing over your head and laddering up two spots is meaningful to your bankroll. That would take some big numbers to make any sense though.
I play this thing nightly just about and do okay. Just been making a lot of changes to my game lately.