The religion forum is a mess. I dont go in there anymore. I dont really agree with either "side" in the religion forum so it's a waste of my time.
so you're Christnostic?
  • Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not care if you have me on ignore or not. That's your choice. I think a lot more people have accused you of being a shameless homer than me. And, certainly, more people have suggested you take a chill pill.Just because the army uses a term doesnt make it legit. It is just a way to get around something you dont like. If you think it is worth it fine. I dont. And i dont agree that just because someone is an enemy combatant that the rules regarding how you treat them should change. Honestly, if the Bush Admin could just keep SOMETHING a secret, they could go on torturing in peace. Just dont try to justify it or rationalize it. If you try to rationalize it, then you have to be accountable for it. I am always stunned at how little the Bush Admin can keep secret (wiretapping, torture, etc) considering the news media is much more concerned with nonsense issues and bickering. Just more incompetence I guess. I've had enough for today. I honestly dont know how you find the time to do this every day.
If you deny that the concept of lawful and unlawful enemy combatants hasnt been a well understood tenet of international law since the Geneva convention you are a liar or dont know wtf you are talking about. which of the three is it? (yes, there are three options there)Ive never seen any accusations of being a "shamelss homer" but I wouldnt deny that I have strong AND WELL SUPPORTED beliefs. I couldnt care less if someone who cant support their arguments with facts disagrees....and in this thread your responses are devoid of facts.
I honestly dont know how you find the time to do this every day.
Oh, and to that comment...I find the time to do this every day because I worked my a$$ off for 30 years (after helping to defend the country so that a bunch of spoiled brats could sit on the internetz that Gore invented and play poker and whine about the gubment) and built a company that allows me considerable free time. I think you said youre a law student? Work yours off and make partner and you may get there too.
Oh, and to that comment...I find the time to do this every day because I worked my a$$ off for 30 years (after helping to defend the country so that a bunch of spoiled brats could sit on the internetz that Gore invented and play poker and whine about the gubment) and built a company that allows me considerable free time. I think you said youre a law student? Work yours off and make partner and you may get there too.
brag post.oh and I totally understand you better now. You are one of those old guys who thinks the whole younger generation is worthless and is hopelessly entrenched in his line of thinking. We're all spoiled brats.....spoiled brats who will be paying for your generation's decision to keep pawning off your debt and broken systems on our generation.you think you're posts have facts but you just have your version of the facts. you stubbornly refuse to accept that people might view things differently. Although I am sure you are arrogant enough to believe that millions of people and thousands of academics are just flat out 100% wrong. Love that whine about the gubment comment....this country wasn't founded on the protesting of unjust government or anything. Just shut up and accept what the gov says. Toe that line kid.Also, stick to talking about businesses you have a rudimentary understanding of. You clearly know zero about being a lawyer if you think partners have time to come on here and spout conservative doctrine as fact and brag about what a success they are and bitch and moan that the younger generation doesnt kiss their ass enough for living in a time when military service was more common. All the partners at the firm I work at work just as hard if not harder than the associates.You should change your screen name to "bitter betty".
brag post.oh and I totally understand you better now. You are one of those old guys who thinks the whole younger generation is worthless and is hopelessly entrenched in his line of thinking. We're all spoiled brats.....spoiled brats who will be paying for your generation's decision to keep pawning off your debt and broken systems on our generation. wrong, I only think that about some of the younger generation, though it may be the majority of internet political forum posters..you think you're posts have facts but you just have your version of the facts. you stubbornly refuse to accept that people might view things differently. Although I am sure you are arrogant enough to believe that millions of people and thousands of academics are just flat out 100% wrong. no, facts are facts. You disagree with something I present as fact, then post something that refutes them, not a bunch of assumptions like this one.Also, stick to talking about businesses you have a rudimentary understanding of. You clearly know zero about being a lawyer if you think partners have time to come on here and spout conservative doctrine as fact and brag about what a success they are and bitch and moan that the younger generation doesnt kiss their ass enough for living in a time when military service was more common. All the partners at the firm I work at work just as hard if not harder than the associates. Wrong again. There are several lawyers who post here and others at the 4 politics forum some are even liberals. Further, I never said partners dont work hard, so thats a strawman. The legal business and the consulting business are identical, so dont tell me I dont have a "rudimentary understanding" of it. Youre embarassing yourself with this little tantrum.You should change your screen name to "bitter betty". Only two letters to change yours to "LameBrain"...think you can manage that little bit of truth?
brag post.oh and I totally understand you better now. You are one of those old guys who thinks the whole younger generation is worthless and is hopelessly entrenched in his line of thinking. We're all spoiled brats.....spoiled brats who will be paying for your generation's decision to keep pawning off your debt and broken systems on our generation.you think you're posts have facts but you just have your version of the facts. you stubbornly refuse to accept that people might view things differently. Although I am sure you are arrogant enough to believe that millions of people and thousands of academics are just flat out 100% wrong. Love that whine about the gubment comment....this country wasn't founded on the protesting of unjust government or anything. Just shut up and accept what the gov says. Toe that line kid.Also, stick to talking about businesses you have a rudimentary understanding of. You clearly know zero about being a lawyer if you think partners have time to come on here and spout conservative doctrine as fact and brag about what a success they are and bitch and moan that the younger generation doesnt kiss their ass enough for living in a time when military service was more common. All the partners at the firm I work at work just as hard if not harder than the associates.You should change your screen name to "bitter betty".
no offence canebrain but thats just a rant, we all have differnt views on shit, dont get wound up though
we all have differnt views on shit, dont get wound up though
Never in a million years would I say it this way.But this is my opinion of politics to a 'T'Well said Gaffer
Never in a million years would I say it this way.But this is my opinion of politics to a 'T'Well said Gaffer
I want to see you swear just once, even if it's just typing it.(Quoting it does not count)
I want to see you swear just once, even if it's just typing it.(Quoting it does not count)
Dang it El Guapo, quit being a fargin iceholemoroni.jpgYou happy now, I have to go to confessional now, and I'm not even Catholic
Dang it El Guapo, quit being a fargin iceholemoroni.jpgYou happy now, I have to go to confessional now, and I'm not even Catholic
but you are very catholic about your non-Catholicism...or is that Catholectomy?
no offence canebrain but thats just a rant, we all have differnt views on shit, dont get wound up though
far as I am concerned he has earned it with his constant condescension.....and i considered the post I responded to a rant. He has made it clear in his posts that he has zero respect for my views.....and I finally decided to respond in kind and I am "wound up". Typical.but yeah mine was definitely a rant. Dennis Miller knows.....sometimes you gotta rant. sorry, thats how I view Copernicus. he's made it clear that he thinks I am a spoiled brat who bitches about the gubment.....and I think he is a grumpy, stubborn old man who thinks way too highly of his own accomplishments. like you said, different views on sht.frankly, if you had been been privy to all our back and forth posts I think you wouldnt have commented the way you did. I think I have been really tolerant of Copernicus crap for long enough. I think at one point a few people even said I was being way too nice. Sometimes, you just can't win.
frankly, if you had been been privy to all our back and forth posts I think you wouldnt have commented the way you did. I think I have been really tolerant of Copernicus crap for long enough. I think at one point a few people even said I was being way too nice. Sometimes, you just can't win.
That was me. I was proud of you for finally growing a pair and firing back at the condescension. I think the liberals in this forum should just ignore all the grumpy, blindly loyal conservatives and just let them have their little petty pissing contest threads.Then again, ignoring their stupidity and attacks is what lost the last two elections, so who knows what the correct response should be?
That was me. I was proud of you for finally growing a pair and firing back at the condescension. I think the liberals in this forum should just ignore all the grumpy, blindly loyal conservatives and just let them have their little petty pissing contest threads.Then again, ignoring their stupidity and attacks is what lost the last two elections, so who knows what the correct response should be?
the correct response is presenting facts, not tantrums and sycophantic empty rhetoric.
Its eyeshole fwiwand I own this movie, does that make me awesome or lame?I'm gonna go with awesome.
far as I am concerned he has earned it with his constant condescension.....and i considered the post I responded to a rant. He has made it clear in his posts that he has zero respect for my views.....and I finally decided to respond in kind and I am "wound up". Typical.but yeah mine was definitely a rant. Dennis Miller knows.....sometimes you gotta rant. sorry, thats how I view Copernicus. he's made it clear that he thinks I am a spoiled brat who bitches about the gubment.....and I think he is a grumpy, stubborn old man who thinks way too highly of his own accomplishments. like you said, different views on sht.frankly, if you had been been privy to all our back and forth posts I think you wouldnt have commented the way you did. I think I have been really tolerant of Copernicus crap for long enough. I think at one point a few people even said I was being way too nice. Sometimes, you just can't win.
the correct response is presenting facts, not tantrums and sycophantic empty rhetoric.
Ya know i reckon if you guys met up and had a beer it would all be good, I wish people in the uk were more vocal about there politics.Yes you both rub each other the wrong way, but your trying to find out what would be best for your country, and you have to disagree to agree so things can get done.Happy Days
Its eyeshole fwiwand I own this movie, does that make me awesome or lame?I'm gonna go with awesome.
Then call us the awesome brothers!But you're wrong, it's icehole, remember the newspaper scene?
Then call us the awesome brothers!But you're wrong, it's icehole, remember the newspaper scene?
Yeah, that is what I was referring, now I am going to have to watch it again.....EDIT: I looked around on the e-webs apparently you are correct you bastage.
presenting facts? Is that what you call it?Are you so blind that you don't see that the left in this discussion (Cane, MK) present facts, then you just brush them off saying that they are presented by the liberal media?I'm not implying that some of the things you write aren't facts, but you act as if everything you write is concrete, indisputible facts and everything else is just speculation and conjecture. Just like when you, or someone kept referring to "BHO" an inexperienced, then MK compared his and GWB's resume. That was fact, but still, it wasn't good enough. Whatever. You're just plain wrong, but hey, that's ok. Vote how you want, do what you will, and complain when the other side does something you don't like. It's your right.No matter what happens in the next 4 years and no matter who is in charge, you'll find a way to blame every problem on the left. If Obama wins, cleaning up 8 years of this administrations messes is going to be near impossible, yet you'll blame him. If McCain wins, you'll blame the democratic Congress. Either way, you'll blame the left for everything. Good luck with all that.and it's Icehole, and fargin, and bastage, and corksucker
No matter what happens in the next 4 years and no matter who is in charge, you'll find a way to blame every problem on the left. If Obama wins, cleaning up 8 years of this administrations messes is going to be near impossible, yet you'll blame him. If McCain wins, you'll blame the democratic Congress. Either way, you'll blame the left for everything. Good luck with all that.
Wrong. Blame will be placed where its deserved. Eg the immigration mess is ultimately a Republican failure. While much of the incentive to come here is due to liberal policies, being ineffective at enforcing immigration laws falls more squarely on the GOP. Of course there are exceptions, like the City of San Franscisco that has been criminal in its treatment of illegals and if there is any justice will be sued for 100s of millions over the Bologna murders. If I can think of any other major GOP failures I'll let you know.
Wrong. Blame will be placed where its deserved. Eg the immigration mess is ultimately a Republican failure. While much of the incentive to come here is due to liberal policies, being ineffective at enforcing immigration laws falls more squarely on the GOP. Of course there are exceptions, like the City of San Franscisco that has been criminal in its treatment of illegals and if there is any justice will be sued for 100s of millions over the Bologna murders. If I can think of any other major GOP failures I'll let you know.
SpendingTreatment of returning wounded soldiersEducationImproper use of the Bully Pulpit in regards to the Iraq WarI'll stop before I start pretending that the GOP's failures somehow equate to the Dems being a viable alternative
SpendingTreatment of returning wounded soldiersEducationImproper use of the Bully Pulpit in regards to the Iraq WarI'll stop before I start pretending that the GOP's failures somehow equate to the Dems being a viable alternative
Spending.. not a major failure, since so little of the budget is discretionary/non-defense, but not a great record for sure.Education..thats really just a spending issue. The Federal government shouldnt be involved in education at all, other than perhaps providing funding for certain critical needs professions/research universities. There isnt a damn thing that the Feds can do about 2-K education.Bully pulpit? Im not sure it applies, but invading Iraq was the right move, so the ends justify the means, unless those means included lying about the intelligence, which I have no doubt didnt happen. I did just think of another failure though...a far too gentle treatment of Joe Wilson and Valerie Plaime, and not pardoning Scooter Libby.