My question is: Would just calling his raise be the better alternative here? Or am I so far ahead of his range that I'm happy to get this in all day everyday? If I call his raise, and then whiff the flop, I still have about 1k in chips, which leaves me enough to at least room for some movement.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (8 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)BB (t1470)Hero (t1240)UTG+1 (t1650)MP1 (t3010)MP2 (t700)CO (t1460)Button (t4530)SB (t2790)Preflop: Hero is UTG with Aheart.gif, Kclub.gif. Hero raises to t120, 1 fold, MP1 calls t120, 2 folds, Button raises to t570, 2 folds, Hero raises to t1240, MP1 folds, Button calls t670.Flop: (t2645) 4heart.gif, Kspade.gif, 9club.gif(2 players)Turn: (t2645) Aspade.gif(2 players)River: (t2645) Jspade.gif(2 players)Final Pot: t2645

I don't mind either play actually. In this spot b/c it is early, I myself would have just flat for the reason you stated, but pushing is also fine. nh

youre too short to call his raise and then fold to any sort of bet on the flop. just get it in like you did.
QFT..You would be flatting half your stack...are you going to check/ fold UI w/ AK? If so, thats awful..Just get it or fold and since its a 4.40, get it in barring a really specific read

Agree you have to push here with A-K.One thought on playing A-K. Avoid calling with the hand...it's just a draw.Look to raise, re-raise, move all-in or fold. If you can get your opponent to fold that is the good when you have A-K. It is just a drawing hand.Here you can't call and you can't fold...so push and hope to double up+. It's about winning not surviving.

99.99999999999% of the time, shoving AK preflop in a $4.40 is correct.also, dont show how the board came out. It will usually result is result-biased thinking

This is a good example of a larger stack placing a bet that pot commits both himself and the shorter stack that was discussed on another thread (Aq Facing a min-raise in front). You either have to fold or push all-in as just calling the raise to 570 leaves too little to play post-flop if you call while pushing builds the pot to 2525 laying 3.76:1 pot odds to the bigger stack and a must call for any re-raising hand even if he now figures to be behind. I wonder if the big stack reaized that when he placed his re-raise? By sizing the re-r to pot commit he has effectvely forced UTG to play all-in or fold. If he knew that, he has taken away a powerful edge by anticipating an all-in by UTG. Most understand that if your willing to call all-in, you should just go all-in FIRST so as to give yourself 2 ways to win - 1] with the best hand at sd and 2] by folding the opps preflop. But what the bigger stack has done here is almost akin to a sucker bet - he's forcing UTG to go all-in b/c he'd be pot committed whereas had the bigger stack gone all-in first there was a greater chance that UTG might fold more often. Sizing the bet to the short stack effectively got UTG to commit all his chips! Pretty clever huh? IF that was his plan and if it was I'll bet the villian has AA or KK.