Battle Of The Planets

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if I am reading this right, the 2 lowest levels "Mercury" and "Mars" only count 18 and 9 man sng's? There are no 27 man sngs for these levels.I hate the 18 man sngs vig. 25 cents for a $1.50 and 40 cents for $3 (for the turbos atleast). I wish they would count the 45 man sng's but oh well.

Me FTW!I am seriously the best plant in the world AINEC.I help cancer patients as well as being fun for extracurricular activities for perfectly healthy people.

Me FTW!I am seriously the best plant in the world AINEC.I help cancer patients as well as being fun for extracurricular activities for perfectly healthy people.
Dude, I'm sorry we've been away for a little while. I've been sick, coughing up blood, generally not a good time to smoke you.Can't wait 'till we session again!
Dude, I'm sorry we've been away for a little while. I've been sick, coughing up blood, generally not a good time to smoke you.Can't wait 'till we session again!
Forgiven.Usually when friends stay away from me, I slap them silly twice as hard than if we hung out everyday. If you've had a loss of appetite from being sick, I can help you out.
So if I am reading this right, the 2 lowest levels "Mercury" and "Mars" only count 18 and 9 man sng's? There are no 27 man sngs for these levels.I hate the 18 man sngs vig. 25 cents for a $1.50 and 40 cents for $3 (for the turbos atleast). I wish they would count the 45 man sng's but oh well.
Where are you reading this at?I don't see that anywhere, unless I'm missing something. I hope they count 6 man SnGs..
Where are you reading this at?I don't see that anywhere, unless I'm missing something. I hope they count 6 man SnGs..
you are correct sir, I am just referring to Multi table sngs. Sorry. I dont usually play anything but luckfest turbo MTT sng's. I prefer the 45's but will play the 18's to get into this promo and see how i do.
Well being that is states Multi-Table SNG's I would say that 6 mans do not count. Which sucks because that is what I play.
Well being that is states Multi-Table SNG's I would say that 6 mans do not count. Which sucks because that is what I play.
K I see that it says that...But then lower on the page it shows how many points you get for first if theyre are 6 players..I think I have trouble reading..
Actually, if you read the 1st sentence under the "How it works", it says multi-PLAYER sngs, not multi-table.Anything from 6 to 27 players count.

As for which is better, 6, 9, 18 or 27....HYPOTHETICALLY, if you played 54 tourneys, and finished in each spot one time (1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th in 6man etcetc) here would be the number of pts you would get after 54 tourneys.6man: 540 (60*9)9man: 540 (90*6)18man: 459 (153*3)27man: 432 (216*2)Make of that what you will. I'm hoping someone with more SNG experience can explain more into detail about odds of cashing higher for more points that would actually give 18 and 27-man SNGs the edge.

As for which is better, 6, 9, 18 or 27....HYPOTHETICALLY, if you played 54 tourneys, and finished in each spot one time (1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th in 6man etcetc) here would be the number of pts you would get after 54 tourneys.6man: 540 (60*9)9man: 540 (90*6)18man: 459 (153*3)27man: 432 (216*2)Make of that what you will. I'm hoping someone with more SNG experience can explain more into detail about odds of cashing higher for more points that would actually give 18 and 27-man SNGs the edge.
Interesting question, you could probably plot it out on a graph and end up with a bell-shaped curve where there is some point in the middle that maximizes your potential return in terms of points. Unfortunately I'm an idea man and have no number-crunching ability whatsoever.
Actually, if you read the 1st sentence under the "How it works", it says multi-PLAYER sngs, not multi-table.Anything from 6 to 27 players count.
I am neither an idea man or a numbers man obv.Hmmm, I played two 6 mans today and won both, guess I should keep going and see what happens.Is there a leaderboard anywhere?
I am neither an idea man or a numbers man obv.Hmmm, I played two 6 mans today and won both, guess I should keep going and see what happens.Is there a leaderboard anywhere?
Requests > SnG Leaderboards > pick your division (sorted by buyin)
Requests>SNG Leader Boards

For Mars, I have 378 points... a win would put me up there, so i'm REALLLLLLLY close to getting on the leaderboard for the low orbit. Sadly, I only have 4 more for the orbit. Hopefully I can pull it out and win a lil extra cash. Def. might try for the high orbit tomorrow, no class, might just 4-table $3.40 18 person sngs till I reach 100.

I've been playing the $1/18 SnGs for whatever reason to try and pwn the Mercury division. Didn't do too badly my first block, have 4 more to go with 244 points, only 2 of which were wins. I'll def be playing at least 2 more blocks, and possibly take a shot at the high orbit.