Sng Challenge Thread

Due to some recent talk about turbo sng's and sng's in general, I've decided I am going to try to win the sng low leaderboard... or at least come close hopefully :club:.I have created a spreadsheet that will keep track of $ invested, # of players, place finished, $ made, profit, and total won/total profit.I will be playing only the 11+1 6, 9, and sometimes 18 person turbo sng's until I make 1,000$ profit before I begin playing the 22+2 turbos (which are the highest allowed for the LOW leaderboard. The points are lower for the 11+1 obviously so Ill hopefully be able to move up quickly.So far I've put in a couple sessions: 28 games played (including 2 22+2's), 498.30$ in winnings, 360$ invested, for a profit of 138.30$(Ill post graphs and #'s occasionally.)This has earned me 138.2 points putting me in 87th place in the Low Leaderboard... gonna put in a session tonight and Ill be updating this thread... anyone else who enjoys sng's is encouraged to post strat/your personal challenge etc.gl all.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to some recent talk about turbo sng's and sng's in general, I've decided I am going to try to win the sng low leaderboard... or at least come close hopefully :club:.I have created a spreadsheet that will keep track of $ invested, # of players, place finished, $ made, profit, and total won/total profit.I will be playing only the 11+1 6, 9, and sometimes 18 person turbo sng's until I make 1,000$ profit before I begin playing the 22+2 turbos (which are the highest allowed for the LOW leaderboard. The points are lower for the 11+1 obviously so Ill hopefully be able to move up quickly.So far I've put in a couple sessions: 28 games played (including 2 22+2's), 498.30$ in winnings, 360$ invested, for a profit of 138.30$(Ill post graphs and #'s occasionally.)This has earned me 138.2 points putting me in 87th place in the Low Leaderboard... gonna put in a session tonight and Ill be updating this thread... anyone else who enjoys sng's is encouraged to post strat/your personal challenge etc.gl all.
**** FTP.
gl!

gl with this. Finally a challenge thread that I can put into. I definately do not play enough volume or enough tables at a time to go for leaderboard status, but I will definately help keep things going in here. Ill put up my PT shot from March. It is all 6 max turbos with all the ones on UB being ultra turbos04012008210838nf8.png

i tried to find you on facebook but theres no one named V.T. Laxer :(i mean, gl in this! you can doooooo itttt

gl with this. Finally a challenge thread that I can put into. I definately do not play enough volume or enough tables at a time to go for leaderboard status, but I will definately help keep things going in here. Ill put up my PT shot from March. It is all 6 max turbos with all the ones on UB being ultra turbos04012008210838nf8.png
wow, pretty good stats. At first I thought you won 4k playing 10 and 20 dollar sng's during march! That's would have been even better.
wow, pretty good stats. At first I thought you won 4k playing 10 and 20 dollar sng's during march! That's would have been even better.
that would have been nice. only thing that sux is that I put most of my time in on UB and they dont give rakeback for tourneys
Due to some recent talk about turbo sng's and sng's in general, I've decided I am going to try to win the sng low leaderboard... or at least come close hopefully :club:.
saw you moved up to 45th. Keep it up.I had a frustrating session playing 25 of them and making $23, had so many AK<A10 type hands on the bubble.

Cash games have been going really blah over the last month, so this thread has motivated me to play SNG for a week or two just so i can make some money... hopefully i dont want to hang myself in a week. Anyways, Thoughts on turning this into the "SNG challenge" thread. Seems like a good place to throw some hands up.

saw you moved up to 45th. Keep it up.I had a frustrating session playing 25 of them and making $23, had so many AK<A10 type hands on the bubble.
this isnt that bad.. anytime u can make around $1/SNG your doing okay.

Decent little return to SNGs tonight Day #SNG ROI ITM Min Total $ Rake Hours $/Hour Apr02 21 42.7 47.6 26.4 m $107.70 $21.00 1.5 $71.80Here is a fun little hand... anyone ever fold??Full Tilt Poker Game #5877301966: $11 + $1 Sit & Go (Turbo) (44743338), Table 1 - 25/50 - No Limit Hold'em - 4:15:12 ET - 2008/04/02Seat 1: xCaptainSuckOut (1,485)Seat 2: Gary212121 (1,565)Seat 3: Peanut247 (1,375)Seat 5: DocW (2,330)Seat 6: leroy328 (2,405)Seat 7: beux1987 (1,440)Seat 8: imma coogi (1,440)Seat 9: looxor (1,460)looxor posts the small blind of 25xCaptainSuckOut posts the big blind of 50The button is in seat #8*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Gary212121 [Qd Qh]Gary212121 raises to 150Peanut247 calls 150DocW foldsleroy328 raises to 800beux1987 foldsimma coogi raises to 1,440, and is all inlooxor foldsxCaptainSuckOut has 15 seconds left to actxCaptainSuckOut foldslooxor has been disconnectedlooxor has reconnectedGary212121 has 15 seconds left to actGary212121 has requested TIME

Seat 3: Peanut247 (1,375)Seat 5: DocW (2,330)Seat 6: leroy328 (2,405)Seat 7: beux1987 (1,440)Seat 8: imma coogi (1,440)Seat 9: looxor (1,460)looxor posts the small blind of 25xCaptainSuckOut posts the big blind of 50The button is in seat #8*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Gary212121 [Qd Qh]Gary212121 raises to 150Peanut247 calls 150DocW foldsleroy328 raises to 800beux1987 foldsimma coogi raises to 1,440, and is all inlooxor foldsxCaptainSuckOut has 15 seconds left to actxCaptainSuckOut foldslooxor has been disconnectedlooxor has reconnectedGary212121 has 15 seconds left to actGary212121 has requested TIMEfold.Ok so here are the numbers:70 played, 888$ invested, 1072.50 returned, 184.50$ profit, and a 20.8% roi.

just played 14 more, 8-10s and 6-20s, profit $98. Im thinking about trying to go for Legend status on UB, so I can at least get something for paying all this rake in SNG fees.VT, how many are you playing at a time? With my labtop I can only have 4 tables without overlapping. I sometimes do 6, but feel the most comfortable with 4. I am thinking about getting another monitor so I can go up to 10. I think the only reason I dont like the 6 is cause they are overlapping, cause I still find myself being able to chat and other things while playing the 6.

just played 14 more, 8-10s and 6-20s, profit $98. Im thinking about trying to go for Legend status on UB, so I can at least get something for paying all this rake in SNG fees.VT, how many are you playing at a time? With my labtop I can only have 4 tables without overlapping. I sometimes do 6, but feel the most comfortable with 4. I am thinking about getting another monitor so I can go up to 10. I think the only reason I dont like the 6 is cause they are overlapping, cause I still find myself being able to chat and other things while playing the 6.
What do you get for legend statues on UB?If i were u i would try and play way more SNGs at a time... overlap shouldnt be a problem cause ur mostly going to be folding the whole time.. and you doint really need to pay to much attention to each table

Reading this thread yesterday made me decide to get back into small sng's. I started off playing these and was pretty successful but them moved to MTT's and such for that big score. My biggest leak is getting bored grinding and then getting off what I am fairly successful at. So I started a spreadsheet last night after dinner and played a few last night and some more this afternoon at work.Played 5 $3.25 6max - 1 1st, 2 2nds, 2 5thsPlayed 1 $6.50 6max - 1 stProfit: 24.95

im playing 9. For some reason I cant get pokertracket to stop being a retard so im just recording everything in my own spreadsheet. Ill use notepad just to keep track of my finishes while im puttin in a session then ill go back and fill the spreadsheet in. I will just cascade the tables and it works fine.
im playing 9. For some reason I cant get pokertracket to stop being a retard so im just recording everything in my own spreadsheet. Ill use notepad just to keep track of my finishes while im puttin in a session then ill go back and fill the spreadsheet in. I will just cascade the tables and it works fine.
I just keep track of everything on poker tracker. There is a program on the PT website that puts together the FT tourney histories. On UB I just leave all the tables open after Im done then at the end of the session auto fill and fill in the prize pools.Im going to cascade them and do 6 or 7, but im going out and gettin shitty tonight so that will have to be tomorrow
I've decided to go for it. Who cares about school. I'm going to try to put in 1500 SNGs this month.
1500??? 1 month????side bet? coz no way this is happening...especially if you have school
You should get a months subscription to sharkscope...they have an option where you can output every sng you've played to an excel spreadsheet and it has all the basic info (id, place, cash, #entrants, date/time, stuff like that. And then if you have any idea of excel you can sort the data and put in formulas, etc. Way easier than doing it by hand imo.