pokerstars + $3 sattelite = idiots

I can't believe how bad people played when we got to the last 25 people, 21 getting a seat at sundays 200+15. When a player went all in, other players would try to bluff other people out of the hand. Even though I won my seat I'm still venting at how horribly wrong people played at the end. For the love of god you have 250,000 chips you dont need to bluff another 8k, check and try to win your seat!!!!No point to this post...just venting

I can't believe how bad people played when we got to the last 25 people, 21 getting a seat at sundays 200+15. When a player went all in, other players would try to bluff other people out of the hand. Even though I won my seat I'm still venting at how horribly wrong people played at the end. For the love of god you have 250,000 chips you dont need to bluff another 8k, check and try to win your seat!!!!No point to this post...just venting
Hey dude, no offense, but when you write a post calling other people idiots, you might want to spell check the title of your posting. S-A-T-E-L-L-I-T-E
If someone is already all in I can't see how they would be bluffing anyone else off the hand. I could see them trying to isolate the original raiser...
If someone is already all in I can't see how they would be bluffing anyone else off the hand. I could see them trying to isolate the original raiser...
I think he meant: bluffing at a dry side pot.
I think he meant: bluffing at a dry side pot.
Yep , that pisses me off more than anything else in poker.
think he meant: bluffing at a dry side pot.
Thats what I meantExample:Short stack pushes in with 3400 with TTBig Stack calls with KQOther Big Stack Calls with Q6Flop AK5Guy with Q6 pushes all in...KQ foldsTurn was 8 river was 8 and short stack with TT wins the handThat's what I had to deal with last night

Gets to me more than anything. People continually do it in MTTs or SNGs. And when you try to explain to them that it would be smarter to check the hand down and try to take out the all in player, they start bitching at you like a 4 year old.

yep, happened to me in a MTT just last night.short stack was shy of a 2K raise by about 15 in chips...i'm holding KQ and and get no help from the flop. the other guy pushes, so i fold.he flips over rags that don't improve, and the short stack takes home 6k with KJ.that 6k would have looked REALLY nice on my stack too! :wink:

In terms of the 21 out of 25 getting a seat, it would be detrimental to bluff. But in a MTT it would most certainly not be.If you have 3 players, A (the all in short stack), B (big stack #1), and C (big stack #2), then on the flop B and C have all the right in the world to try and get the other to fold.Neither B nor C can change whether or not their hand beats A's for the main pot. But there is 2 things they CAN change by dry side betting. Firstly, if A ends up having the worst hand, B or C could take the whole pot for themselves uncontested as opposed to losing it to the third opponent. Also, although less important, if one of them has a monster and the other simply has a good hand, they can bet/shove to get even more chips for their great hand.In the 6Q example, it would be wrong for 6Q to bet, because:a) He has very little chance of taking the pot from the all in player. Seeing as all he's playing is the queen as a kicker, all he beats are J high and below.B) The only opponents who would call his bets are beating him, thus that too is a losing proposition.However, in this example:A (shortstacked) shoves 44 utg for 2k (400 bb)B calls the 2k with KJ (has 13k after call)C calls the 2k with 99 (has 10k after call)Flop comes J92.Here, it is DEFINATELY correct for 99 to bet. Even if the all in is the bubble, it is still correct, because:a) With the current second nuts, it is HIGHLY unlikely he will lose this hand to the all-in unless he has TT-AA, and turns / rivers a set (besides J). A far more likely scenario is that B somewhat hit the flop (usually a gutshot or TP), and there is no reason at all to let such a player chase for free.B) It's fairly likely B will call a moderate bet in this situation, unless B has something like AK/AQ and is very tight, so C stands to earn more chips for his great hand.Even if it actually is a dry side bluff, like C shoving AK on the flop of 267, it is still a good play. If B hasn't shown any particular strength, he could easily fold what would have made a pair or 2 on later streets. And against "any 2," A could just as easily have had AJ or QK and C can win the whole thing.It's just as important to increase your chip stack as it is to eliminate opponents. If you can do both at once ..

What's the point of increasing your chip stack if top 21 get paid the same....it doesn't matter if you finish the tournament with 1,000,000 chips or 1 chip.I can understand in a tournament where you're paid more the higher you finish, but not in a tournament where final chip count plays no role in what prize you recieve.

i just won the $3 satellite, and everyone at my table played just fine at the bubble. maybe i was just fortunate...there was even a guy who checked his top two all the way down in a five way pot while someone was all in. he ended up taking it down.