What Would You Do?

This hand is from a live tourney, so my apologies for no hand conversion. The buy-in was $220, with around six people getting paid. First place gets $5000, second gets $3200 (I think), and third gets $1400. We're down to three-handed play. Here are the chip counts (ish):Button - 76000SB - 100000BB (Hero) - 89000The blinds are at 4500/9000, 500 ante. (A strange level, I thought.......whatever.)As for reads, I played the SB on the my first table, I know she's a little wild. A wide opening range. She even took her add-on, at the first break, and put in her purse. Only to return it to the table, when she clued in, that you aren't supposed to remove chips. Geez. I knew I could outplay her post-flop, most of the time. As for the Button, I only faced her on the final table. She was fairly tight-aggresive. The hands she turned up were JJ, AK, AQ a couple of times, TT, KQ, 99, 88, 33, 22 a couple of times. And, I heard that she made quads twice, and her boat crushed a flush, on the previous table.Hero was dealt Qs9s Button limps in (she had not done that before)SB folded (very surprising)Hero checked optionFlop 4d 6c Qc Button bets 15000Hero raises to 40000Button re-raises all-in Hero goes into the tank (Button sits there calm, collected & confident.......no tells to a bluff, imo)What would you guys do here?

Well, I made a mistake here, and I folded. At the time, I was completely covinced that I was beat. Now, I understand about pot odds, but reality says that if I call when I know I'm behind, I'm leaving myself next to no chips to come back with. So, I begrudgingly mucked. Leaving myself around 39000 chips to still make a significant raise. (Didn't work, tho, I finished third.)In the hand, based on her history, I figured here for KQs or QJs, with an outside chance of AA or KK. Definitely not AQ, she would have raised it. So, what could she have limped with, for the first time? Turns out she had Q7d. Which explains why she had no tells, she thought she had the best hand.IMO, I don't think my mistake is folding, per se. It's thinking too much, and giving her credit for advanced play. When I should have kept it simple. She was raising with good hands, folding bad ones, and the limp was a mediocre hand. My mistake was over-analyzing.Ahh, well.

Well, I made a mistake here, and I folded. At the time, I was completely covinced that I was beat. Now, I understand about pot odds, but reality says that if I call when I know I'm behind, I'm leaving myself next to no chips to come back with. So, I begrudgingly mucked. Leaving myself around 39000 chips to still make a significant raise. (Didn't work, tho, I finished third.)In the hand, based on her history, I figured here for KQs or QJs, with an outside chance of AA or KK. Definitely not AQ, she would have raised it. So, what could she have limped with, for the first time? Turns out she had Q7d. Which explains why she had no tells, she thought she had the best hand.IMO, I don't think my mistake is folding, per se. It's thinking too much, and giving her credit for advanced play. When I should have kept it simple. She was raising with good hands, folding bad ones, and the limp was a mediocre hand. My mistake was over-analyzing.Ahh, well.
That wasnt the only mistake, just the last one. I might very well push preflop. Its a decent stealing spot against a first time limper. On the flop you should either push or flat call and push the turn if its a safe card.

<--------------- confuddled.First, yes Cop, I totally believe in shoving right here pre with less then 10xBB and taking it down right now.Second - how come the button is leading this flop and not you? Did you check to him? If so, that was a mistake. If you hit top pair on a flop, first to act, with these stacks you have to shove. You should not be in a raise, re-raise situation.

• 4 weeks later...

Oops, sorry, I missed writing that bit. But, yes I did check first......going for the check-raise. Which should have been check-raise all-in. Not just to 40000. Brain cramped up.

<--------------- confuddled.First, yes Cop, I totally believe in shoving right here pre with less then 10xBB and taking it down right now.Second - how come the button is leading this flop and not you? Did you check to him? If so, that was a mistake. If you hit top pair on a flop, first to act, with these stacks you have to shove. You should not be in a raise, re-raise situation.
My thoughts exactly PA! Farmboyz - going for a ck-r you would have to be pretty sure she would bet that flop but you discribed her as prety ABC so unless she had a piece of that flop wouldn't she more likely also check it thru - like up to 66% of the time?
This hand is from a live tourney, so my apologies for no hand conversion. The buy-in was $220, with around six people getting paid. First place gets $5000, second gets $3200 (I think), and third gets $1400. We're down to three-handed play. Here are the chip counts (ish):Button - 76000SB - 100000BB (Hero) - 89000The blinds are at 4500/9000, 500 ante. (A strange level, I thought.......whatever.)As for reads, I played the SB on the my first table, I know she's a little wild. A wide opening range. She even took her add-on, at the first break, and put in her purse. Only to return it to the table, when she clued in, that you aren't supposed to remove chips. Geez. I knew I could outplay her post-flop, most of the time. As for the Button, I only faced her on the final table. She was fairly tight-aggresive. The hands she turned up were JJ, AK, AQ a couple of times, TT, KQ, 99, 88, 33, 22 a couple of times. And, I heard that she made quads twice, and her boat crushed a flush, on the previous table.Hero was dealt Qs9s Button limps in (she had not done that before)SB folded (very surprising)Hero checked optionFlop 4d 6c Qc Button bets 15000Hero raises to 40000Button re-raises all-in Hero goes into the tank (Button sits there calm, collected & confident.......no tells to a bluff, imo)What would you guys do here?
insta snap call, if you ever fold here you should just not sit down to play. If you've seen her limp with weak hands you should probaby shove preflop, but just checking is fine also. And don't ever ever open shove the flop, why are you giving her a chance to fold a worse hand, almost always check and sometimes make a smallish bet here, the pot is so big and most players are going to try and take a shot with only one player in the blind. With the pot being so much of everyones stack you have to slow pllay some hands in these situations, and I like the c/r smooth calling is a mistake IMO most players are checking behind unimproved anyways so don't give a card.