2008 Los Angeles Dodgers Official Thread

Local media up here in the Bay Area is making noise that the Giants should sign Manny...I can't tell you how much that would bother me. I might not watch baseball next year if that happened. :ts
I doubt that would happen. but if it did, I would be very happy. :club:
  • Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt that would happen. but if it did, I would be very happy. :club:
i read this morning on ESPNs bottom line that the Giants are very interested in Manny. i got back from playing 18 later today with my anticipation and hopes high that the giants signed manny, but I can't find anything on yahoo (yes, its where i get my sports news) and the giants website and i see nothing... :ts
i read this morning on ESPNs bottom line that the Giants are very interested in Manny. i got back from playing 18 later today with my anticipation and hopes high that the giants signed manny, but I can't find anything on yahoo (yes, its where i get my sports news) and the giants website and i see nothing... :club:
That was something ESPN got from the Denver Post. Who knows what their source was, probably Boras trying to scare the Dodgers, just like they came out and said they were interested in Abreu and Dunn to rattle Manny. The gms and the agents use the media to play their little games; that doesn't mean the Giants won't sign Manny, I just think Boras can get the most out of the Dodgers, which is obviously his goal. Personally, as much as Manny going to the Giants would hurt my baseball feelings, I'd find it amusing if the Giants went down the 'old, overpaid, primaddona LF' road again. Those who do not learn from their mistakes are doomed to repeat them, and I was just starting to worry that the Giants had learned the importance of building your team on pitching. Ugh, on a side note, FP Santangelo is on knbr right now and it is tilting me for poker...God I hate him.
That was something ESPN got from the Denver Post. Who knows what their source was, probably Boras trying to scare the Dodgers, just like they came out and said they were interested in Abreu and Dunn to rattle Manny. The gms and the agents use the media to play their little games; that doesn't mean the Giants won't sign Manny, I just think Boras can get the most out of the Dodgers, which is obviously his goal. Personally, as much as Manny going to the Giants would hurt my baseball feelings, I'd find it amusing if the Giants went down the 'old, overpaid, primaddona LF' road again. Those who do not learn from their mistakes are doomed to repeat them, and I was just starting to worry that the Giants had learned the importance of building your team on pitching. Ugh, on a side note, FP Santangelo is on knbr right now and it is tilting me for poker...God I hate him.
i would have to agree with you on that one patrick. FP is one of if not the worst baseball commentator in baseball. didn't he do roids also? LOL
i would have to agree with you on that one patrick. FP is one of if not the worst baseball commentator in baseball. didn't he do roids also? LOL
Yes, but as they are saying now, he was a man about it and admitted it...sigh. KNBR just reported on their little news segment that the Manny talk is overblown in regards to the Giants and that the Dodgers are the only team truly interested. The Giants are more interested in adding a corner infielder like Joe Crede. Who knows though...
Yes, but as they are saying now, he was a man about it and admitted it...sigh. KNBR just reported on their little news segment that the Manny talk is overblown in regards to the Giants and that the Dodgers are the only team truly interested. The Giants are more interested in adding a corner infielder like Joe Crede. Who knows though...
sigh :club: I think if he signs in the NL west, whoever gets him will probably win the division.
it's crazy how quick he became a bad baseball player. this means that sebean will probably sign him.
I like NedCo's quote: At the time Jones left the club, Colletti was asked if he remembered another player to fall so far so fast. "I can't think of one and I've tried for the last five months," he said.
I like NedCo's quote: At the time Jones left the club, Colletti was asked if he remembered another player to fall so far so fast. "I can't think of one and I've tried for the last five months," he said.
mondesi2.gif
Come on Mondesi was my man, man. I could sit and watch him try and throw guys out all day.
Yeah, Raul is pretty much a demi god imo. They aren't booing, they are Rauuuuuuuuuuuling. :club: On a side note, I never play on there but my AP user name is 'Raul Mondesi' and sheets loves calling me that lol. So what if the man could not hit and/or layoff a breaking ball...

Raul was a great player (when they threw him a fastball) :club: But he did have one of if not the strongest arms in baseball history.I read on his wiki that he is a politician in the Dominican now.

Raul was a great player (when they threw him a fastball) :club: But he did have one of if not the strongest arms in baseball history.I read on his wiki that he is a politician in the Dominican now.
Who better to lead the DR into a new millenium then a chronic underachieving baseball player?
I'd be willing to bet that if the Giants get Manny they won't win the division.
The Giants could've signed CC, Teixeira, K-Rod and Manny and they would still finish 3rd in that pathetic division.As for the Dodgers, without Manny they are a sub .500 team. With him, maybe .500both aren't going anywhere.
The Giants could've signed CC, Teixeira, K-Rod and Manny and they would still finish 3rd in that pathetic division.As for the Dodgers, without Manny they are a sub .500 team. With him, maybe .500both aren't going anywhere.
Not a bad first post; I'm a little disappointed that you didn't capitalize 'both' at the end, it's like you just got lazy.In light of the Arizona Cardinals and the San Diego Chargers squeaking into the playoffs then winning yesterday, I don't think I have to really reply to your actual post. :club: Welcome to FCP.
  • 2 weeks later...
lol at the U and Mets**chokecoughchoke** and the phillies winning the WS :club:
Not a bad first post; I'm a little disappointed that you didn't capitalize 'both' at the end, it's like you just got lazy.In light of the Arizona Cardinals and the San Diego Chargers squeaking into the playoffs then winning yesterday, I don't think I have to really reply to your actual post. :ts Welcome to FCP.
but then again, I would root for any sports team on earth of the dodgers. :4h
lol at the U and Mets**chokecoughchoke** and the phillies winning the WS :Pbut then again, I would root for any sports team on earth of the dodgers. :club:
I see.. In late breaking news Zito was seen making out with that walking STD Paris Hilton the other day at a club. Pitching for the Giants + Dating a whore = WIN
I see.. In late breaking news Zito was seen making out with that walking STD Paris Hilton the other day at a club. Pitching for the Giants + Dating a whore = WIN
See its ok though because they both have herpes. So it takes away the fear of having to tell your partner you have herpes.They are a step ahead of the game, really

Andruw Jones, outright release.How sad is that? Dude, millions are on the line, diet a little. I do it for free and still work my 9-5He quit the Dominican league after batting .188

Andruw Jones, outright release.How sad is that? Dude, millions are on the line, diet a little. I do it for free and still work my 9-5He quit the Dominican league after batting .188
Ya, I had read that scouts said he still looked like shit in winter ball....So pathetic. My suspicion that he was a user grows day by day.
  • 3 weeks later...

Los Angeles, CA (Sports Network) - The Los Angeles Dodgers have reportedly offered left fielder Manny Ramirez a one-year, $25 million contract.Several media outlets reported the offer, which is the Dodgers' latest attempt to keep the super slugger. In November they offered Ramirez the second-highest annual salary in the majors, behind New York Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez with a two-year, $45 million package, but there was no response by Scott Boras, the agent of the 12-time All-Star and MVP of the 2004 World Series. Ramirez, who is an unrestricted free agent, just completed an eight-year, $160 million contract he signed with Boston in 2001. The Dodgers acquired the slugger from the Red Sox on July 31, and Ramirez led LA to the NL Championship Series before losing to World Series champion Philadelphia. The Dodgers offered Ramirez arbitration, but he declined, hence the stalemate. The Los Angeles Times reports Boras is asking for a four-year contract with an option for a fifth at more than $20 million annually. Ramirez hit .396 with 17 homers and 53 RBI in just 53 games after joining the Dodgers. He batted .299