2008 Los Angeles Dodgers Official Thread

Yeah the FJM article wasn't particularly entertaining (many times I literally LOL at them) but I think they summed up the trade pretty well. Casey Blake is currently leading the team in OPS but this really doesn't mean that much. From here to the end of the season, i would bet that his OPS is no higher than 4th out of their regulars, and I would also bet that Laroche would have an OPS nearly as high with the potential to be even better if he were to hit in the spot Blake will hit. Blocking Laroche is just inexplicable at this point.
Pretty much agree with all of this, but unfortunately we are dealing with Ned Colletti, aka Brian Sabean's protege. I am partly convinced that him becoming the Dodgers gm and his tenure is a plot by the Giants to f up our organization as badly as their's.Now with Nomar hurt (shocking!), all bets are off in regards to what Colletti will do. I think he is unfortunately (for the team and fans) in 'save my job' mode, so he will probably make another bad trade that will cost us quality prospects for marginal veterans.
  • Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.(insert patrick telling me how bad the giants still are) :club:
Like I needed to tell you...Pretty pathetic they've won 3/9 from us this year though, completely unacceptable. Good call sending the runner home last night in the 9th down 4-0 lol...

Bye Andy, Hello Manny.For some reason Andy going to the Red Sox would have bothered me more. You just know he would be great and win like 4 WS over the next decade; at least in Pitt I know he will wallow in mediocrity (at best).

Bye Andy, Hello Manny.For some reason Andy going to the Red Sox would have bothered me more. You just know he would be great and win like 4 WS over the next decade; at least in Pitt I know he will wallow in mediocrity (at best).
Good deal for everybody.....makes much more sense than the Marlins deal.
at least Andy is re-united with his brother...not that it really means anything
As a Pirate fan, the best we can hope for is that Andy hits well the first 2-3 months and then Adam hits well the second half of the season and it's like having 1 mediocre player instead of 2!
Like I needed to tell you...Pretty pathetic they've won 3/9 from us this year though, completely unacceptable. Good call sending the runner home last night in the 9th down 4-0 lol...
i didn't even watch the game. I think I might boycott the rest of the season or until Sabean is fired. I can't take much more of this tbh. :club:
i didn't even watch the game. I think I might boycott the rest of the season or until Sabean is fired. I can't take much more of this tbh. :club:
You might miss the next big Jose Castillo AB though, and then how would you live with yourself?
at least Andy is re-united with his brother...not that it really means anything
Yeah I thought of that...Saves the parents money on plane tickets I suppose. I still think Andy is going to be a very good ML hitter, and I'm a little worried about our future at 3b. DeWitt is it I suppose, but I was def in the LaRoche camp amongst Dodgers fans.
Didn't see the play but heard Kuip talking about the play this morning. Because the Giants hadn't scored in 23 innings, they needed to do that and it was a good play to send him.I'm lucky I didn't crash into a pole after hearing that one. Obviously Krukow has now infected Kuip with the full blown "being the biggest homer ever" disease instead of just the mild version.In my roto leagues, one of my fav strategies is picking up pitchers that face the Giants - forgot to post after the Kuroda disaster how much I hate that guy.
Didn't see the play but heard Kuip talking about the play this morning. Because the Giants hadn't scored in 23 innings, they needed to do that and it was a good play to send him.I'm lucky I didn't crash into a pole after hearing that one. Obviously Krukow has now infected Kuip with the full blown "being the biggest homer ever" disease instead of just the mild version.In my roto leagues, one of my fav strategies is picking up pitchers that face the Giants - forgot to post after the Kuroda disaster how much I hate that guy.
Sorry about Kuroda. :-/In the Merc this morning I read Flannerhy (sp?) saying that for the first time in his career he was a fan and not a 3b coach. Trying to score there is similar to the Niners kicking a meaningless FG a few years ago to keep their non-shut out streak going.
i didn't even watch the game. I think I might boycott the rest of the season or until Sabean is fired. I can't take much more of this tbh. :ts
at least you've still got....ummmm...hmmmmmm...oh yeah, LINCECUM!!! So that's 1 win out of every 5, not bad considering :club:

Oh my God, this is ****ing awesome. We got ****ing Manny. My favorite player in the league is now on the Dodgers. This is the first exciting thing that's happened in baseball for me since I fell in love with Mike Piazza and then tried to deny our love with his "I'm not gay" press conference.Go Dodgers!!!

Man I'm so happy for the Dodgers! They get one of the most arrogant SOB's out of the american league. What an ass!Angels get M Tex, Dodgers get Man Ram.Angels get Tori Hunter, Dodgers get Andruw Jones.Angels get World Series, Dodgers get swept (again) in the playoffs.Thanks LA, you just made it more likely K-ROD won't give up a winning Hr to any Red Sux in the playoffs.Did you see that play in Anaheim last week? It looked like he faked that roll to the ball.JMO

Man I'm so happy for the Dodgers! They get one of the most arrogant SOB's out of the american league. What an ass!Angels get M Tex, Dodgers get Man Ram.Angels get Tori Hunter, Dodgers get Andruw Jones.Angels get World Series, Dodgers get swept (again) in the playoffs.Thanks LA, you just made it more likely K-ROD won't give up a winning Hr to any Red Sux in the playoffs.Did you see that play in Anaheim last week? It looked like he faked that roll to the ball.JMO
I think the Anaheim/Los Angeles/kinda near Disneyland Angels are a very well coached team. Make sure to bump the Angels thread when they win the WS.Being arrogant fortunately will probably work in the Dodgers favor for the rest of the season. Manny seems like the type that will want to show up the Red Sox etc. My main fear is now Colletti deals Kemp or Ethier for a SS. I also hate our defense, especially when Nomar comes back. LF in Dodger Stadium is a lot bigger then Fenway, Manny will not be an asset out there by any means.
I think the Anaheim/Los Angeles/kinda near Disneyland Angels are a very well coached team. Make sure to bump the Angels thread when they win the WS.Being arrogant fortunately will probably work in the Dodgers favor for the rest of the season. Manny seems like the type that will want to show up the Red Sox etc. My main fear is now Colletti deals Kemp or Ethier for a SS. I also hate our defense, especially when Nomar comes back. LF in Dodger Stadium is a lot bigger then Fenway, Manny will not be an asset out there by any means.
At least we know they're not going to miss any cutoffs from Center now.
At least we know they're not going to miss any cutoffs from Center now.
Lol true.So the options were waived and he's a FA at year's end. I wonder if NedCo will overpay for him as well.EDIT: And at least when he leaves we'll get draft pick compensation.
at least you've still got....ummmm...hmmmmmm...oh yeah, LINCECUM!!! So that's 1 win out of every 5, not bad considering :club:
Yeah how are the A's doing?ummmm yeahhhhh
Lol true.So the options were waived and he's a FA at year's end. I wonder if NedCo will overpay for him as well.EDIT: And at least when he leaves we'll get draft pick compensation.
So he's not going to be back. Baseball has stupid rules with the whole draft pick compensation stuff btw.

No hate against the Dodgers or anything....I kinda like them...but seriously...Andruw Jones. Is there anyone, and I mean A-NY-ONE who still has this scrub on their fantasy team? Biggest bust of all time?!?!?!??! DRIVE IN A RUN PLEASE!

No hate against the Dodgers or anything....I kinda like them...but seriously...Andruw Jones. Is there anyone, and I mean A-NY-ONE who still has this scrub on their fantasy team? Biggest bust of all time?!?!?!??! DRIVE IN A RUN PLEASE!
I would say he's hardly the biggest bust of all time, unless you're talking about his physical size, in which one would think he is trying to get traded to the Brewers to be with Prince and CC.He's been a very good Major Leaguer for some ridiculous amount of time and I feel if he can get his weight back down he will get back to a decent level.
Yeah how are the A's doing?ummmm yeahhhhh
Ummmmm...I'd say they're doing about 9 games better in the win and loss column than the Giants? Oh yeah, and we've also got a few championships if ya need em.But this is the Dodgers thread so /hijack.
I would say he's hardly the biggest bust of all time, unless you're talking about his physical size, in which one would think he is trying to get traded to the Brewers to be with Prince and CC.He's been a very good Major Leaguer for some ridiculous amount of time and I feel if he can get his weight back down he will get back to a decent level.
I think they were referring just to this current contract.The Dodgers were bonkers to give him 18 mil a year for two years. INSANE. In terms of signing a free agent, he is the biggest bust of all time considering what he is making and what he is producing for that money. Is he even over the Mendoza line yet?
I think they were referring just to this current contract.The Dodgers were bonkers to give him 18 mil a year for two years. INSANE. In terms of signing a free agent, he is the biggest bust of all time considering what he is making and what he is producing for that money. Is he even over the Mendoza line yet?
Meh, I wasn't that against the contract given it was only 2 years. The 18m per is bad, but overpaying is nothing new with big market teams/the Dodgers. I thought it wasn't a bad risk given Andruw's track record, and hoped the fact that he would be a FA again in his prime would motivate him to put up big numbers.Also, at this point I wouldn't even consider his contract to be the worst on the team, let alone all time. Even though he isn't hitting, he has at least played, unlike Jason Schmidt. Then again that brings up the argument of what's worse, Schmidt not pitching or Andruw being in the line up.BLAH, I really really really wanted to win last night's game. Tough loss, great pitcher's duel, great play by Snyder in the 8th to get Ethier at the plate. ka;sljdfkl;asdjf;lkajsdf;kljasd;lkfgjask;dlghksjdfhgk;lasdjfkla