2008 Los Angeles Dodgers Official Thread

Haha it's true Patrick. We are a lot better than I thought we would be (even though we just blew a 7 run lead). WTF is up with the Dodgers? I expected the Giants to be bad but not the Dodgers. :club:
The whole division is bad. Look at the record for the Dbacks outside the division, it's horrid. That the Dodgers are 5 games under .500 and still in the race is sad. The only possible bright spot is that anything can happen once one of the teams gets to the playoffs, especially Arz. Webb + Haren in a playoff series (not to mention Johnson and Davis, who are both effective in spurts) is scary for any team. The Dodgers rotation has been inconsistent, so I can't give them much of a chance. That is really disappointing (and for SD fans too I'm sure) because I thought the rotation would be a strength, not a question mark. Like I said though a few posts back, I'm saving my true venom for the midway point. :ts
  • Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gearing up for a big series for me. GO DODGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SWEEP THE WHITE SOX!!!!!!!!!!!
Stranger things have happened. I can't think of any right now off the top of my head, but I'm sure they exist. :club:
The whole division is bad. Look at the record for the Dbacks outside the division, it's horrid. That the Dodgers are 5 games under .500 and still in the race is sad. The only possible bright spot is that anything can happen once one of the teams gets to the playoffs, especially Arz. Webb + Haren in a playoff series (not to mention Johnson and Davis, who are both effective in spurts) is scary for any team. The Dodgers rotation has been inconsistent, so I can't give them much of a chance. That is really disappointing (and for SD fans too I'm sure) because I thought the rotation would be a strength, not a question mark. Like I said though a few posts back, I'm saving my true venom for the midway point. :club:
True. It's really hard to watch the Giants play when they have such great pitchers in Lincecum, Cain and Sanchez. It seems that the Dodgers have the opposite problem. Good offense with little pitching (outside of Kershaw). Ever since the world series, it's been a really bad time to be a Giants fan. :D Sorry to ramble on in the Dodger thread. :ts
True. It's really hard to watch the Giants play when they have such great pitchers in Lincecum, Cain and Sanchez. It seems that the Dodgers have the opposite problem. Good offense with little pitching (outside of Kershaw). Ever since the world series, it's been a really bad time to be a Giants fan. :ts Sorry to ramble on in the Dodger thread. :club:
The Dodgers offense has been less then 'good' since Furcal got hurt. LOL, it wasn't until this last week that anyone passed him on the team in runs scored, and he hasn't played since like May 6th or something. So with him out we have had pretty much an automatic out in the lineup, to go along with Jeff kent (who has been awful...not only is he not hitting, but his walk numbers are way down as well...obviously linked) and Juan Pierre (fkasdjfk;asdjfklajsdf). With the lineup depleted, guys like Loney, Martin and Kemp don't get as many pitches to hit, and leads to the current lack of offense.The pitching has actually gotten better now that Lowe is pitching well and Penny is on the DL. I have a feeling Lowe gets lit up tonight though. The bullpen has been shaky lately as well, with both Saito and Broxton unexpectedly stuggling, and Proctor obviously struggling.
The Dodgers offense has been less then 'good' since Furcal got hurt. LOL, it wasn't until this last week that anyone passed him on the team in runs scored, and he hasn't played since like May 6th or something. So with him out we have had pretty much an automatic out in the lineup, to go along with Jeff kent (who has been awful...not only is he not hitting, but his walk numbers are way down as well...obviously linked) and Juan Pierre (fkasdjfk;asdjfklajsdf). With the lineup depleted, guys like Loney, Martin and Kemp don't get as many pitches to hit, and leads to the current lack of offense.The pitching has actually gotten better now that Lowe is pitching well and Penny is on the DL. I have a feeling Lowe gets lit up tonight though. The bullpen has been shaky lately as well, with both Saito and Broxton unexpectedly stuggling, and Proctor obviously struggling.
It seems Furcal hasn't produced since he signed with you guys. Is that right? Also Patrick are you from LA or the bay area? You are a 49ers fan right? But root for the Dodgers and Lakers. :club:
It seems Furcal hasn't produced since he signed with you guys. Is that right? Also Patrick are you from LA or the bay area? You are a 49ers fan right? But root for the Dodgers and Lakers. :club:
Furcal had a really good season his first year, esp after the All Star break. Last year he was hobbled by a bad ankle all year (gfy Jason Repko) so had a down year, and then this year he came out on fire until the injury. Prior to the season and his outburst, I was in the ' don't resign Furcal ' camp, but after seeing how well he played + Hu's lack of offense at this point in his career makes it a tough call (not from a fan's stand point, but from a gm's).I was born in Los Gatos, raised in Morgan Hill, and now I live there again. My dad however is from LA and that is where I get the Dodgers and Lakers (not to mention UCLA basketball, and Nebraska football...his mom's fam is from Nebraska...). He moved to the Bay Area when he was a kid but stayed a fan of those teams. In regards to the Niners, my dad and a friend ended up getting season tickets in the late 70s prior to Walsh, and held on to them until last year, so I obviously became a fan growing up.
Furcal had a really good season his first year, esp after the All Star break. Last year he was hobbled by a bad ankle all year (gfy Jason Repko) so had a down year, and then this year he came out on fire until the injury. Prior to the season and his outburst, I was in the ' don't resign Furcal ' camp, but after seeing how well he played + Hu's lack of offense at this point in his career makes it a tough call (not from a fan's stand point, but from a gm's).I was born in Los Gatos, raised in Morgan Hill, and now I live there again. My dad however is from LA and that is where I get the Dodgers and Lakers (not to mention UCLA basketball, and Nebraska football...his mom's fam is from Nebraska...). He moved to the Bay Area when he was a kid but stayed a fan of those teams. In regards to the Niners, my dad and a friend ended up getting season tickets in the late 70s prior to Walsh, and held on to them until last year, so I obviously became a fan growing up.
Cool man. I grew up in San Francisco so I'm a bay area fan. Sorry to ask again but what Dodger Giants game are you going to in July? I'm going to get tickets to a game.
Cool man. I grew up in San Francisco so I'm a bay area fan. Sorry to ask again but what Dodger Giants game are you going to in July? I'm going to get tickets to a game.
I don't know. My brother hasn't mentioned it lately when I've talked to him so I think it might be in August/September that he had tickets. I really, really need to get down to LA to see a game or two but the way they are playing right now is too frustrating for me to witness in person.
Exactly. Just rely on the other team to win it for you. :club:
Hey, you go with the options you have available to you... :)Wee, half way point, tomorrow I'm going to let off some steam and post a 1/2 year review of the team. Side note, I saw Pierre had to leave the game today - possibly the best thing to happen to the team since Brad Penny got hurt, or prior to that, Andruw Jones getting hurt.
Hey, you go with the options you have available to you... :)Wee, half way point, tomorrow I'm going to let off some steam and post a 1/2 year review of the team. Side note, I saw Pierre had to leave the game today - possibly the best thing to happen to the team since Brad Penny got hurt, or prior to that, Andruw Jones getting hurt.
yeah... it looked pretty bad... i would say from the replay in my professional opionion, some type of sprain of the MCL, ACL... could be out for the year if its as bad as it looked...
yeah... it looked pretty bad... i would say from the replay in my professional opionion, some type of sprain of the MCL, ACL... could be out for the year if its as bad as it looked...
Yeah, I do feel for Juan though since he is a genuinely good guy. And it was unfair of me to say that about Penny; I had completely forgotten about Proctor getting hurt last week, so Penny's injury is a bit lower on the totem pole.If Pierre has to go on the DL, the Dodgers plan to bring up old friend Jason Repko. This will obviously lead to someone else getting hurt ala Furcal/Repko last year, so we are pretty much f'd.

So the wife and I have decided to drive cross country this summer. We always wanted to and now that we are about to start the adoption process we figure this is our last summer at doing it. We wanted to hit a few ballparks on the way but looks like the Dodgers are the only one's in town on our route. How hard is it to get tickets the day of the game? I don't know for sure what day we will make it to LA as we have stops all along the route and may spend longer at other stops than initially planned. If it's hard to get seats then I will try and get some along the way online.

So the wife and I have decided to drive cross country this summer. We always wanted to and now that we are about to start the adoption process we figure this is our last summer at doing it. We wanted to hit a few ballparks on the way but looks like the Dodgers are the only one's in town on our route. How hard is it to get tickets the day of the game? I don't know for sure what day we will make it to LA as we have stops all along the route and may spend longer at other stops than initially planned. If it's hard to get seats then I will try and get some along the way online.
It depends who they are playing and how good of seats you want. I usually just order them online and pick them up at will call at the stadium the day of the game (if I dont have time to have them sent to me).If they are playing a rival, I'd avoid the bleachers. In fact, I'd probably avoid the bleachers all together unless you like drunken brawls. Try and get loge seats behind home plate if you can. Anything lower level between 1st and 3rd is season ticket holders only.Also, they tend to get big crowds when other big market teams are in town due to the huge number of transplants in LA, so keep that in mind in regards to ticket availability. You don't have to worry about sell outs or anything like that at this point in the season though.
It depends who they are playing and how good of seats you want. I usually just order them online and pick them up at will call at the stadium the day of the game (if I dont have time to have them sent to me).If they are playing a rival, I'd avoid the bleachers. In fact, I'd probably avoid the bleachers all together unless you like drunken brawls. Try and get loge seats behind home plate if you can. Anything lower level between 1st and 3rd is season ticket holders only.Also, they tend to get big crowds when other big market teams are in town due to the huge number of transplants in LA, so keep that in mind in regards to ticket availability. You don't have to worry about sell outs or anything like that at this point in the season though.
We will be there either during a series vs the Giants or the DBags.
We will be there either during a series vs the Giants or the DBags.
Well, if you go to a Giants game it should be interesting at least...You could always try and get seats down the left field line so you can watch the fights in the left field bleachers. The Dodgers/Dbacks will be more important as far as the division race, but the rivalry game would be much more intense I'm sure.Either series you should be fine as far as tickets go, unless it is some big promotional give away night or something. People like free stuff. http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/schedule...ons.jsp?c_id=la
I was openly rooting for it to happen once they scored and didn't have a hit. Fitting for this bunch.
How lucky is every team in the West??? Your division is so so bad (ours isn't great btw)...PMJ our bet is still open hahaha...based on all the injuries it would prolly be better if we make it between our AAA clubs!!!!!!!
I was openly rooting for it to happen once they scored and didn't have a hit. Fitting for this bunch.
Who has a worse offense Patrick? I'm will to gamble that it's the Giants, even though we are around 8th in all of baseball avg. wise.