***//official Detroit Tigers Thread\\***

do u try to be a douche or does that just come naturally?
If you crack jokes on my team being an easy sweep and then we are the ones who might be sweeping the Tigers, I'm gonna mention it, sorry. Trust me, I could be rubbing it in a LOT more while I have the chance. Nowhere have I said the Tigers suck. Nowhere have I said that KC is better. After ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL the crap I take as a Royals fan EVERYWHERE ALL THE TIME, I'm gonna give some of it back when we win. Deal with it. The Royals are mocked more than any other organization in baseball, some of it deserved, some of it ignorant. When we prove those critics wrong, I'm gonna mention it.
  • Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

congrats u won the first two games obv not a big deal since the tigers are still gonna win the division
The Tigers are a good team, but how can you be so sure they are going to win the division? Cleveland has a very very good offense as well and their pitching looks FAR superior.......things can change over the course of the season, but they are not the favorite. Too bad you simply believe the ESPN hype and nothing else.
The Tigers are a good team, but how can you be so sure they are going to win the division? Cleveland has a very very good offense as well and their pitching looks FAR superior.......things can change over the course of the season, but they are not the favorite. Too bad you simply believe the ESPN hype and nothing else.
Trouble is ESPN does not have them even getting into the playoffs. They have Cleveland, Sox, Mariners, and Yankees in the WC the last ESPN Baseball program I watched which was the night before opening day. That of course changed because a month or so ago at the beginning of spring training they had them going all the way.Anything can happen and no way am I throwing in the towel on this season like half of Detroit seems to be doing. But this will not be a cake walk as I have said time and time again, I still like our chances but the games have to be played.
If you crack jokes on my team being an easy sweep and then we are the ones who might be sweeping the Tigers, I'm gonna mention it, sorry. Trust me, I could be rubbing it in a LOT more while I have the chance. Nowhere have I said the Tigers suck. Nowhere have I said that KC is better. After ALLLLLLLLLLLLLL the crap I take as a Royals fan EVERYWHERE ALL THE TIME, I'm gonna give some of it back when we win. Deal with it. The Royals are mocked more than any other organization in baseball, some of it deserved, some of it ignorant. When we prove those critics wrong, I'm gonna mention it.
So now I understand all the hate and negativity towards the WhiteSox. It's all soooooooo much clearer now. :club:
You guys got swept by the R-O-Y-A-L-S. looooooool
It could be worse, they could've gotten swept by the ChiSox...you know, the worst team in the AL Central.I just heard on ESPN that Sheffield has torn a tendon in his hand I think....no word on if he will miss any time or how much time he will miss.
It could be worse, they could've gotten swept by the ChiSox...you know, the worst team in the AL Central.
We have a win, so that statement is false.
We have a win, so that statement is false.
So by that logic, the Royals are the best team in all of baseball? SWEET!!!!!Seriously though, the White Sox are in for a long year....offense is getting older and not enough young arms to save them....Danks did look good today though.....
So by that logic, the Royals are the best team in all of baseball? SWEET!!!!!Seriously though, the White Sox are in for a long year....offense is getting older and not enough young arms to save them....Danks did look good today though.....
Everyone's offense is older. Soooooo? How much older are they than the average?
Cabrera, Konerko, Thome, and Dye are all in their 30's. When you are past your prime, that generally means you are declining with each passing year.A team with guys in their mid-20's will be improving as they move into their prime years.Theoretically.That's the point.
Come on. Thome is 37, Konerko is 32, Cabrera is 33, Dye is 34, AJ is 31........a lot of your biggest bats are getting older. No one is saying they are so old right now that they completely suck, but overall, your offensive roster is declining...you know, that offense that score only 693 runs last year, good for DEAD LAST in the American League. The offense was bad last year and is getting older..and the pitching staff was terrible last year and is pretty much comprised of the same people this year, minus Garland, a decent pitcher. Come on.....everyone can see this team is going the wrong way fast...too bad your GM can't see it and is still giving away prospects to acquire older players when they are nowhere close to competing, when they need those prospect oh so badly.Ozzie will be gone by the end of the year and they'll be calling for Williams job as well.
Tigers down 8-5 right now......I am rooting for Detroit this series, I hate the ChiSox, but man oh man is Detroit pitching flat out brutal today.
Yeah, Contreras was great as well. Grilli is a donkey and it boggles my mind how he is still on the team. Their excuse all off season was that he was not in his usual role last year, having to pitch 3+ innings instead of 1. Pfft, can't seem to get one down today at all.At least the bats are going. One step at a time I guess...pfft.
Tigers down 8-5 right now......I am rooting for Detroit this series, I hate the ChiSox, but man oh man is Detroit pitching flat out brutal today.
Why so much hatred?Oh and Hi SBriand!!

Mods, can you change thread subtitle to 0-162???And now after I post this, Detroit will finally win their first game.

LFTOh well. I got nothing interesting to say. I surely didn't predict this start but I believe it is fair to say no one thought they would start 0-6. I am glad they are going on the road. I think they need to get out of Detroit for a bit. Luckily they get to play a struggling Red Sox team who have lost 4 straight I believe, I could be wrong. Who knows. ergegr wg3art3q 4643

Please win a game. You can't go 0-10 to start the year...you just can't. You gotta figure to win 90 (at least) to win the division....to start 0-10, you'd have to go AT LEAST 90-62....that's close to .600 baseball the rest of the way.......it's still early enough to think the Tigers can rebound, but time's running out.