***//official Detroit Tigers Thread\\***

I made a bet with a friend's uncle that the Tigers would not win 110 games this year (he's a delusional Tigers fan.) Needless to say, I feel pretty comfortable.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made a bet with a friend's uncle that the Tigers would not win 110 games this year (he's a delusional Tigers fan.) Needless to say, I feel pretty comfortable.
lol 110 games, that's a tough feat no matter who the team is.
lol 110 games, that's a tough feat no matter who the team is.
All the Tigers fans where I work (8-10 people maybe...) pretty much all felt the Tigers were a lock to win 105 games this year as soon as they traded for Miguel Cabrera. I told them they were rediculous.They avoid me now.
All the Tigers fans where I work (8-10 people maybe...) pretty much all felt the Tigers were a lock to win 105 games this year as soon as they traded for Miguel Cabrera. I told them they were rediculous.They avoid me now.
I figured somewhere in the 90's. I surely had no expectations of what is going on now. Some of these games were winnable with any sort of offensive output. If Grilli is on this team a week from today I will go ballistic. I stupidly believed all the talk during the off-season that he was put into odd circumstances last year and this year he will be back to his normal role and be servicable. I was looking at the stats last night and seeing how Lopez who allegedly sucks has had 5 or 6 innings of 0 run pitching from the bullpen and I was completely surprised (and my wife was too which made me feel better about my memory) that Grilli had only pitched 1.1 innings this year. I really thought he had about 4-6 innings in so far. It's just that he is out there for soooooo long that it felt like that. Leyland said Sunday that he will no longer offer an more chances, if you can't produce you will be gone. He better stick to that. We really need to get that one kid a Visa to get him here to pitch.

I'm going to see the Tigers when they come down to Toronto, it'd be pretty comical if they were like 0-18 by the time I see them

You're gonna have to now hope for 1-17 cause we finally won a game and looked good doing it.Good start from Bondo, only 1 ER.No runs given up by Seay, Beltran, Bautista, and Jones (though as usual he made it interesting).Renteria looked good, Guillen with a HR, Thames with a long shot, Clete laying down great sac bunts, Inge coming through with a 2 run single, etcThey looked good. Now we just gotta keep it up. But I won't lie, it feels good to see them get their first win.

Canadians are supposed to cheer for the Jays...TRAITOR
i was born before the blue jays...i was even eating hotdogs at tiger stadium before the blue jays. Not to mention, for years i could look out my window and SEE Tiger stadium. I LOVE THE TIGERS
i was born before the blue jays...i was even eating hotdogs at tiger stadium before the blue jays. Not to mention, for years i could look out my window and SEE Tiger stadium. I LOVE THE TIGERS
LALALALA...I can't hear you.I too, was born well before the jays, but they turned me into a baseball fanatic as an 11-year-old.
So, when is the right time to panic? It's still early..........................but pitching isn't just gonna appear out of nowhere.
if this was mid season, there would be no panic. Stay calm. The bats are yet to heat up. Maggs, Polanco, Granderson, Cabrerra.....all SOLID 300+ hitters. it will turn around once the bats do. As for being a tigers fan as opposed to a jays fan...I grew up at Tiger Stadium. I could hear the roar of the crowd from my bedroom window in '84 when they won it all. When i was a kid, my dad would take me over about 10 times a year, then we'd go for a burger at lindel's. If someone "great" was coming to town we were definately there (i got to see nolan ryan pitch the last time he was in detroit). Comerica park is nice, but it's not TS. But the Tigers are the Tigers and they've given me so many awesome memories over the years.
So, when is the right time to panic? It's still early..........................but pitching isn't just gonna appear out of nowhere.
I don't think there is a need to panic, this team has little chance to get in the post season with what we have right now. They will pull out of this slump for sure, and I will be going to my 12 games this year cheering them on, but they are digging themselves into a deep hole that many have not gotten out of to head to the post-season. Dave needs to start working on figuring out how he is going to fix his BP next year. We have the offense, I think, but the pitching is worse than expected. I knew it was going to be bad, but not THIS bad.I have yet to jump on the starting pitching sucks bandwagon yet. I think they are under a huge amount of pressure to go out and try and be perfect, last 8 innings and give up no more than 1 run which results in sloppy play. They know the offense is gone and they know the BP is a run sieve. When the offense fires up then I think there is a huge weight lifted off the starting rotation and they will get better. We'll see though.
if this was mid season, there would be no panic. Stay calm. The bats are yet to heat up. Maggs, Polanco, Granderson, Cabrerra.....all SOLID 300+ hitters. it will turn around once the bats do. As for being a tigers fan as opposed to a jays fan...I grew up at Tiger Stadium. I could hear the roar of the crowd from my bedroom window in '84 when they won it all. When i was a kid, my dad would take me over about 10 times a year, then we'd go for a burger at lindel's. If someone "great" was coming to town we were definately there (i got to see nolan ryan pitch the last time he was in detroit). Comerica park is nice, but it's not TS. But the Tigers are the Tigers and they've given me so many awesome memories over the years.
Really? 2-10 and no worries??? This team was supposed to be a "World Series lock" (funny how I can find no more Tigers fans to admit to have thought this......when before the season started it was all I heard from them...........) to now the dead worst team in baseball at the moment. Of course they will get better, but they need to go 88-62 AT A MINIMUM most likely to make the playoffs.......I'm not saying panic now.....but another bad streak and it could be too late. I don't know.
Really? 2-10 and no worries??? This team was supposed to be a "World Series lock" (funny how I can find no more Tigers fans to admit to have thought this......when before the season started it was all I heard from them...........) to now the dead worst team in baseball at the moment. Of course they will get better, but they need to go 88-62 AT A MINIMUM most likely to make the playoffs.......I'm not saying panic now.....but another bad streak and it could be too late. I don't know.
I don't think I seriously said WS. But playoffs for sure. I was wrong, completely wrong. But I don't think anyone would have predicted they would have gone 2-10 and shutout 4 times in 12 games. Well, today on the local radio people have been calling in saying they predicted it but they are obviously full of crap. I suspect that me going to the game tonight will start a 20-5 streak. If not then next Wed. when I go. sw
I don't think I seriously said WS. But playoffs for sure. I was wrong, completely wrong. But I don't think anyone would have predicted they would have gone 2-10 and shutout 4 times in 12 games. Well, today on the local radio people have been calling in saying they predicted it but they are obviously full of crap. I suspect that me going to the game tonight will start a 20-5 streak. If not then next Wed. when I go. sw
I'm not talking about you. You were a bit more realistic. I'm talking about other idiots who were telling me the Tigers might win 110 game.....WS for sure.....1000+ runs guaranteed...blah blah blah. Just casual fans who got caught up in the ESPN hype.No, nobody could've seen this start coming. I thought they'd be a good team, just not a great one. With Clevelan struggling, the Tigers aren't out of the division race yet....but they better get started quick. I still say the ChiSox will struggle and the Twins don't have enough to win the division, and the Royals are a much better team, but still not contenders unless the bats get real hot for a good stretch of games....it's the Indians division all the way right now, but they aren't taking advantage either.

Now that was fun. There was a glimpse of what this offense should look like. Now we just need to continue hitting. Most around here are saying they are out of their slump. I am not on that bandwagon yet. I get one foot on if they can hit well again tonight.Sheff is looking really good. He said that on Saturday he felt some of his scar tissue in his shoulder breaking up after the game and then Sunday and last night he was hitting the ball well. This could be fun.

Now that was fun. There was a glimpse of what this offense should look like. Now we just need to continue hitting. Most around here are saying they are out of their slump. I am not on that bandwagon yet. I get one foot on if they can hit well again tonight.Sheff is looking really good. He said that on Saturday he felt some of his scar tissue in his shoulder breaking up after the game and then Sunday and last night he was hitting the ball well. This could be fun.
well, the bats are certainly heating up now and it's really really refreshing to see. TBH, with a salary that high, OF COURSE anybody would expect them to make the world series, if you think about it, nobody spends that kind of money for a losing season.I am a diehard fan, i truly suffered through the tough seasons, and i'm so ready for another great one. Mind you, it hasn't started out picture perfect, but still, with almost 150 games left, i'm definately not counting them out of anything.

Okay, now let's try and just dominate an entire game instead of waiting till the 8th inning to take the lead. The bats are definitely heating up but only in spurts.Winning both games in Cleveland would be huge though even though it is this early in the season.