• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cranston and Paul reading the final few pages of the finale's script for the first time.   http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/11/18/breaking-bad-final-script/

I think he would relate really well to Archie Bunker

Spoilered for Gov.      

"In his somewhat frantic attempt to do this, he hurts his hand, and bellows “Ahhhhh!” in pain. Now, for this shot the camera is positioned down where the floorboard of the car would be, and after Walt hurts his hand he falls back into the seat and is briefly out of view of the camera. A couple of seconds later we see him again, with a camera shot focused on his face, and from that moment forward everything seems to go exactly as Walter White would want things to go, which, of course, makes me think there may be something to this theory."

I actually remember thinking during that scene that it was kind of a weird editing jump, but obviously never even considered it to be anything that might be significant.

I think if that really was what Vince Gilligan intended (Walt died or was captured in the beginning and the rest was fantasy), I don't think he admits it, right? This way both types of fans get the finale they want. The ones who want Walt to win and the ones who want the show to remain more true to itself.

I actually prefer the fantasy theory to Walt winning.

There are two holes in that theory.

1. He died

2. He didn't end up with his family

I think if it really was all in his mind, then things would have ended on a more positive note for him.

Also, the writer of the article mentioned the car starting up so quickly after he turned the ignition. Valid point, except it is a TV show, and the laws of reality are bound to be bent or broken. Kind of like when Gus had half of his face blown off, and yet managed to walk a few steps and straighten his tie.

The biggest hole in the theory is all the Jesse stuff.

If it was the fantasy of a dying man, he would still die in the end, but it would be death on his terms instead of in New Hampshire by the cops before he got to do all that.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's never made explicit at all, but what BigD said is how it seemed to be. She left Walt for Skinny Schwartz, while the three of them were working together.

Are we really spoilering stuff? I mean, if you don't want to be spoilered, avoid the thread. Or start from the beginning of the thread and don't go past where you are in the series.

I wouldn't worry about spoiling it... you sort of have to assume, that by jumping in to a thread with 840 posts about 1 show that everything within it is reviews, recaps or jokes about each episode, each season, etc. I was viewing this at my own risk.