Skylar's not an average spouse. She's smart and adapts to different situations.She has her own business, and takes care of herself and her kids the best she can. Walt does not share those motivations, he is fed only by his ego. I don't think of them as having a marriage. She told Walt she was his hostage, and he didn't argue.

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cranston and Paul reading the final few pages of the finale's script for the first time.   http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/11/18/breaking-bad-final-script/

I think he would relate really well to Archie Bunker

Spoilered for Gov.      

Guess I can't be too mad, what with the show being almost wrapped up and all
There's only one more episode this summer but then there's another 8 (I'm assuming it's 8) coming sometime next year. Still got a good amount to go.

I'm all caught up now and the last episode was surprising to say the least. Skylar tilts me. The decision to not have the kids at home is so brain dead and illogical if that was my wife I'd seriously pull what little hair I have left out. If someone wanted to kill her kids, it's not that hard!

I'm all caught up now and the last episode was surprising to say the least. Skylar tilts me. The decision to not have the kids at home is so brain dead and illogical if that was my wife I'd seriously pull what little hair I have left out. If someone wanted to kill her kids, it's not that hard!

I would think a drug dealer would, maybe, just maybe, think twice about entering a DEA agent's home to kill children. That's a whole other kettle of fish between killing children in a drug dealer's house. Not to mention, they could just get killed as collateral damage, in a bomb/hail of gun fire that was intended for walt.

One might argue that being a meth drug lord, endangering yourself and your family, for no good reason other than Hubris, after turning away a multi million dollar chance to get away clean, is illogical and brain dead. And is certainly much more unreasonable than trying to look out for the safety of your children.

When people react like this to Skylar, and to her and Walter's relationship, it really makes me wonder how people view Walter. DO you see him as a good guy? As a hero? Are you rooting for him? Because I see him as a bad guy, who's greed and unquenchable need for validation is going to plunge him off a cliff of self destruction, and he seems totally cool with pulling his family ( and Jessie) over that cliff with him. I think he's selfish, manipulative sociopath, and I think Skylar's reaction to him is a lot more sympathetic than his behavior. Granted, Walter's behavior is more entertaining, but that's a different issue.

I used to find Walt to be a very appealing anti-hero and had no trouble rooting for him. I'm not sure when that ended since I was still rooting for him to win over Frind, so I'm guessing it was the reveal when it came out that Walt actually did poison an innocent kid to keep Jesse in line.

I think part of that is that the show always had a central villain to play Walt against (which made him and his actions seem much less evil by comparison)...first it was Tuco, then it was the mexican twins and the cartel, then it was Gus Frind, but now there's no outside villain anymore, it's very clearly designated that Walt is playing the role of the central villain and everyone else on the show reacting to him and his actions.

Can't believe there are only 9 episodes left, the second part of the season is going to be a crazy ride.

I think part of that is that the show always had a central villain to play Walt against (which made him and his actions seem much less evil by comparison)...first it was Tuco, then it was the mexican twins and the cartel, then it was Gus Frind, but now there's no outside villain anymore, it's very clearly designated that Walt is playing the role of the central villain and everyone else on the show reacting to him and his actions.

Yeah, I disagree with that. Well, I mean, Walt always had antagonists. But it's been increasingly clear as the series has gone on, that Walt isn't the anti hero of the series, he's the villain. I used to think that Vik Mackey from The shield was the most interesting Protagonist of all time, because from episode one, it's clear he's a bad guy. it's clear he's a villain. But walter is even more so, because the show is just so much more well written, his character is so much more developed, and his motivations explored to a much greater depth.

And the progression of the antagonists is very interesting too. Like Tuco and the cousins are just so clearly crazy and destructive, it's easy to say "well yeah, Walt isn't like THOSE guys".. but his battle with Gus, it's much more problematic to take Walter's side from a moral perspective. Walter aspires to BE Gus. The only difference between Gus and Walter, is that Gus was more competent, rational and professional in running the business, there's no moral difference between them. They are both willing to do anything, and hurt anyone who gets in their way. Honestly I think Gus has more virtues as a character than Walter does at this point.

just got caught up on this season (first seven episodes) and I'll be watching tonight's episode tomorrow. this show doesn't stop being awesome. one thing though, I saw loogie's posts/tweets/facebook statuses about the train episode and I was expecting it to be laughably bad, but I mean it wasn't even close. I really enjoyed the episode. I mean of course some things had to work out perfectly and some things were pretty unlikely, but come the hell on, this isn't a show that aspires to be 100% completely balls out realistic. learn to watch a damn tv show and use your suspension of disbelief and just enjoy it. this show isn't the wire; it ain't exactly dexter either, but give the writers some slack for christ's sakes.

and also:

tumblr_m93erlILZj1qkjph9o5_250.gif

best scene of the series

oh, and also also: some predictions.

I feel like they're trying to set the ending up to be walt going out in some huge scarface-like gunfight. first, the very first scene of walt a year into the future is of him buying an M60. also, it indicates that he was away, either in was it connecticut? or wherever his alias and car was from, or from hiding in general, back to new mexico, apparently to settle some sort of score. then, there's the more obvious scene where he and walt jr. actually watch scarface and it's at that particular scene. then there's the whole parallel between walt and tony montana in that they both started out small, built their way up steadily and deliberately, but then got so completely overcome with hubris that there was no way either of them would survive.

but given all of that, I doubt the writers would put all that in there and have that actually be the way it happens. I'm expecting a more sopranos style wtf ending. like walt is just driving somewhere and gets t-boned and dies. completely out of the blue. I don't know I'm just spitballin' here, but I don't see it ending in any way that anybody could actually predict.

ok, first off, wooow.

second, what the fuck? I knew the season was gonna be split, but I thought it was stopping now and coming back in like january, but I just read something that said it won't be back until next summer...? is this true? if so, then I mean, that's two fucking seasons. what the hell? why would they do it that way? why are they doing this to me?!?!

Walt's cancer comes back.

Jessie obviously finds out about everything Walt did and he kills Walt in an epic hospital room scene.

Hank gets all the evidence he needs to bust Walt, he brings "his boys" with him to the hospital room just to see Walt lying there dead.

Skylar flees to the Netherlands with the kids and Ted (who has had a miraculous recovery). Lydia sends all the cash over in the barrels. When Flynn sees Ted he utters his famous line "Mom, what's going on?"

Hank kills Marie in frustration (won't happen... but pleeeeeeeease happen)

The end. You're welcome.

ok, first off, wooow.

second, what the fuck? I knew the season was gonna be split, but I thought it was stopping now and coming back in like january, but I just read something that said it won't be back until next summer...? is this true? if so, then I mean, that's two fucking seasons. what the hell? why would they do it that way? why are they doing this to me?!?!

Also: awards shows

Finally watched the finale. If you're not caught up, don't read because I'm spoiling.

This show was beautiful, really beautiful. I loved how Jesse's shirt all of a sudden had punches of red in it, as did the blanket in Walt's house. The kids were either wearing red or yellow--this drug is everywhere.

Did you think Walk cared Hank thinks he's a monster? I don't mean the realized identity thing--but hearing someone judge him, Walt doesn't allow for a lot of that.

When Skylar said she wanted her life back, was she implying she could continue living with Walt as a partner (as though none of this happened?)

I wasn't sure how hard Hank would go after Walt given how stupid he'd look with his brother in law being the kingpin and him being in the office all the time etc - even though Hank has been the only DEA agent with his head not up his ass - he did get shot because of Walt (sort of) and he would also look and feel bad because his rehab came from Walt's drug money

They have a Hanks Blog on an AMC page and the last one says the Truth above all so it's pretty clear that he's gonna go after walt - i think poor Walt and Marie are ****ed even though they are the true innocents

Eventually worshipful Flynn/Junior has to find out about his dad - that could be really ugly and sad

The final Walt is evil turn for me was when he started whistling after going back to work after telling Jesse the kid's death was eating him up

Also - the I'm in the empire business - I kept waitig for Walt to tell skylar I've done all this for you not me - i'm going to die and i care about my family but he never has and the Gray Matter speech followed by his need for total hugeness was the peak of his ego and anger at his life before all this started

Then there was that horrific scene with him playing with his baby and ignoring the news about the 10 guys he offed - something bad is going to happen to that baby I just have a feeling

I do think that maybe Walt could have gone straight after seeing all that money - provided he could rid himself of Lydia and the skinheads by just giving Jesse his business and moving on

Skylar though happy he was out - is still just clearly waiting for him to die

Jesse is the fascinating part - does he find out about Brock, does he find out about walt letting his junkie girlfriend die, does he find happiness with his money or keep hitting the pipe because of his guilty blood money? Walt's ending can't be happy can Jesse's? Will Jesse rat on walt after finding out the various ugly truths - Jesse seems like he's in need of redemption esp after walt told him he's going to hell

And of course the Ricen behind the wall outlet has to come back and be used sometime

• 6 months later...