• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks guys! and its THREE future NHLers: I'm not counting myself out just yet. theres always a chance....

How hard do you think it would be to get two reasonably priced tickets to the Montreal in Toronto game on April 4th?
define reasonable and would you be willing to sit way up??I have two friends who have season tickets and sometimes they will give up some tickets...Montreal usually is tougher though.
define reasonable and would you be willing to sit way up??I have two friends who have season tickets and sometimes they will give up some tickets...Montreal usually is tougher though.
My plan is to bring my cousin who (for some reason only Dog knows) is a big Leafs fan. She's been to a few games but has been up high so obviously I'd like to get as close as possible without breaking the bank. I have no idea how much tickets cost as the last Leafs game I saw live was against the Black Hawks (yes, it was two words back then) and Darren Pang was in net for Chicago.What kind of seats would [1st (65%) -] $494 get me? :club:
My plan is to bring my cousin who (for some reason only Dog knows) is a big Leafs fan. She's been to a few games but has been up high so obviously I'd like to get as close as possible without breaking the bank. I have no idea how much tickets cost as the last Leafs game I saw live was against the Black Hawks (yes, it was two words back then) and Darren Pang was in net for Chicago.What kind of seats would [1st (65%) -] $494 get me? :club:
I think it would depend on a lot of factors...It doesnt look like that will be a meaningful game for the Leafs and the going price might be lower than usual. My educated guess would say that $500 would get you a couple of nice seats..Definetely not platinum but probably half decent...If however that is a meaningful game, ie the Leafs when on a huge run(i know unlikely) and its playoff atmosphere, than that probably wouldnt get you in the door.
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's a little situation I was wondering about.Team A and Team B are tied in the last minute of the third period. Team A takes a hooking call putting Team B on the powerplay with a minute to go. Team A takes an interference call on the ensuing faceoff to make it a 5 on 3 with 55 seconds to go.Team B fails to score before the end of the period. How do the penalties start in overtime? In normal play their 5 on 3 would carry over. In overtime rules 4 on 4 play is applied. 4 on 2 cannot be played. 4 on 3 wouldn't seem fair to Team B(unless it's for the added time of both penalties I guess). So what happens here?

Here's a little situation I was wondering about.Team A and Team B are tied in the last minute of the third period. Team A takes a hooking call putting Team B on the powerplay with a minute to go. Team A takes an interference call on the ensuing faceoff to make it a 5 on 3 with 55 seconds to go.Team B fails to score before the end of the period. How do the penalties start in overtime? In normal play their 5 on 3 would carry over. In overtime rules 4 on 4 play is applied. 4 on 2 cannot be played. 4 on 3 wouldn't seem fair to Team B(unless it's for the added time of both penalties I guess). So what happens here?
I believe the overtime starts as 5 on 3.

Yeah, a 2-man advantage in OT just goes as 5 on 3. They'll actually end up playing 5-on-5 if there's no whistles between the 5-on-3 and after they both get out. The next whistle after that, they go back to 4-on-4.

Yeah, a 2-man advantage in OT just goes as 5 on 3. They'll actually end up playing 5-on-5 if there's no whistles between the 5-on-3 and after they both get out. The next whistle after that, they go back to 4-on-4.
It's also the same if you're playing 4 on 3 in OT and you take another penalty. The Power play team actually gets to put another skater on the ice to make it 5 on 3.
Do players ever bite their own lip, drawing blood to turn a 2 minute high sticking penalty into a double minor? If so, how common is it?
I've played with guys in Junior who did it twice by biting the inside of their mouth to draw the extra 2.Not worth the canker if you ask me.
But is it worth it in the stanley cup final?
A lot more cameras on you in the stanley cup final. I know a trainer that experimented with blood capsules, but they figured the cameras would catch it.
Dear Gruven, is there a new rule where you can high stick a guy, probably causing blindness, and not get penalized for it?
If it is in the act of shooting then it is not a penalty (ex/ Hossa on Berard).
tell me about it, biatch once offered him to be for a 5th which i turned down and now the guy is on pace for 35 goals and has had 7 successive multi-point game. urgh.
Seriously, I've never heard of another defenseman that just came straight out of nowhere like he did (3 points, 8 points, 12 points...56 points???). I've been looking for the next Mike Green since midseason last year, and I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that he's a total abberation that happens once, maybe twice per generation. The son of a bitch has more goals this season than any forward on my team except Simon Gagne whom he's tied with.
Seriously, I've never heard of another defenseman that just came straight out of nowhere like he did (3 points, 8 points, 12 points...56 points???). I've been looking for the next Mike Green since midseason last year, and I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that he's a total abberation that happens once, maybe twice per generation. The son of a bitch has more goals this season than any forward on my team except Simon Gagne whom he's tied with.
Is there ANY reason to believe he wont be this good next year, or the next 2/3 years?I picked him up in my keeper pool last year, and I'm building to be competitive for next year and the year after. Personally, I think he may still be the #1 OFF D in the NHL the next 2yrs, as long as he stays healthy and on Washington. Any reason why he wouldn't?And Im with you Adam.....the thing that scares me about him as a fantasy GM is the meteoric rise.....I never saw THIS much coming. 40pts a year, ok. But these numbers are sick.
Is there ANY reason to believe he wont be this good next year, or the next 2/3 years?I picked him up in my keeper pool last year, and I'm building to be competitive for next year and the year after. Personally, I think he may still be the #1 OFF D in the NHL the next 2yrs, as long as he stays healthy and on Washington. Any reason why he wouldn't?And Im with you Adam.....the thing that scares me about him as a fantasy GM is the meteoric rise.....I never saw THIS much coming. 40pts a year, ok. But these numbers are sick.
There's no reason to believe he won't be this good for the next 10.