My image is TAG/some LAG. Villian 2 is a shorty who has been hanging around. He is your average 1-2 player. He raises to $7 on the button with Ax's and makes firm raises to $15 or so PF with pockets, solid cards. Villian 2 plays careful, in a donkish way. Villian 2 buys into the table with 50 BB's. Effective stacksHero- $175Villian2- $120Villian1 - $26My cards are QQPreflop: UTG raises all in to $26. Hero calls $26. everyone folds. Villian 2 is in the SB and says "Ok i guess i'm all in too." Villian seems pretty confident. I tell Villian, "If you have Jacks or tens I'm in pretty good shape." Villian2 responds, "Oh i have better than Jacks or Tens" while looking at the table.It is $96 more to Hero.

Snap call, lol.Table Queens vs. 77 and AK and lose to both. I'm in a card guessing mood today.
Ainngggghhh. Wrong! Try again though! :club: So is this pretty much an instacall considering its only 50 BB's more to us?I thought about raising the UTG all in.
Ainngggghhh. Wrong! Try again though! :club: So is this pretty much an instacall considering its only 50 BB's more to us?I thought about raising the UTG all in.
I only guess once. But yeah, one the guy says, "I guess I'm all-in" and you only have to put a little less that a full buyin in the pot to win like 2.5 buyins, you gots to do it.
I don't see what you are concerned about in this hand. Why is this not an instant call?
Cause he ran into Aces or Kings :)The words, "I guess..." in "I guess I'm all in too" is the part that concerns me, but he can still have AK all the time, so you can't fold.

1. Most people don't reraise AK live in lower limit LIVE games. I don't know why, but a TON of people just don't do it.2. He started the hand only 60BBs deep or whatever. You just shouldn't fold QQ preflop for that amount unless he's an uber nit.3. Sometimes, QQ>AA/KK.

yep, he had AA. I bricked.For some reason, i felt like a donkey for a couple of reasons during this hand.1) i should have recognized his obvious strength the way he talked back to me about his hand. He seemed confident, and even told me more or less that he could beat Jacks. But i guess i took his speech as to try and block me out/isolate me of the pot to protect his jacks or AK against the shortie.2) I called relatively quickly after he told me this, without giving it much thought. If i'm going to ask for a speech and he gives it to me, i have to think about what he's telling me before acting on my intial read instantaneously.