2 @ 1/2 Live That I Think I Played Meh..

hand 1hero 400villain covers: I've played with this guy on a few occasions, He is TAG. not very tricky. He is the type to think he outplayed someone if its a cooler. hero is UTG+1 with 7,7hero opens for 8. villain calls. 2 folds, 1 call. sb fold, bb call.flop7h, 6h, 3h,bb check, hero bet 22. villain call. 2 folds. turn10c hero bet 45. villain raise to 95, hero call.river 9shero check, villain bet 100. hero call. Hand 2Hero 350villain 250 : Villain is garbage. ABC. kinda TAG. but dumb tag. over values a lot. but doesnt like putting a lot of chips in the middlehero is c/o with 7s10s2 limps, villain limp, hero raise to 12. button fold, blinds fold. 1 call 1 fold. villain calls. flop9c,6s,9dchecks to hero. Hero check. Lately i've been checking with position in these type of situations. multiway action with limp/callers. I feel as though this flop might have hit someone pretty well.turn8cchecks to hero. Hero bet 25, 1 folds, villain call. river3svillain bet 40. hero raise to 100

I hate the river call in hand one, and why didn't you 3-bet the turn? I think i prefer a three bet here, especialy as you're calling the river without boating up.I would proabbly bet the flop in hand 2 but the turn and river seem fine, PF i like aswell.

Yeah, in hand one, I am three betting the flop every single time w/o exception.
It went bet/call on the flop, so an opportunity to 3-bet the flop did not arise.
Hero 350villain 250 : Villain is garbage. ABC. kinda TAG. but dumb tag. over values a lot. but doesnt like putting a lot of chips in the middlehero is c/o with 7s10s2 limps, villain limp, hero raise to 12. button fold, blinds fold. 1 call 1 fold. villain calls. flop9c,6s,9dchecks to hero. Hero check. Lately i've been checking with position in these type of situations. multiway action with limp/callers. I feel as though this flop might have hit someone pretty well.
I'd go ahead and c-bet this flop. If it hit somebody hard and he check-raises, then our gutshot doesn't have much value, anyway. We're not drawing to the nuts. If nobody is full already, an 8 on the turn makes a plausible full house as well. I realize there's just a difference in style here, because I probably wouldn't raise this preflop. It's my opinion that your reputation should be tight enough that you can believably represent an overpair in this situation or else this raise is a mistake.
I'd go ahead and c-bet this flop. If it hit somebody hard and he check-raises, then our gutshot doesn't have much value, anyway. We're not drawing to the nuts. If nobody is full already, an 8 on the turn makes a plausible full house as well. I realize there's just a difference in style here, because I probably wouldn't raise this preflop. It's my opinion that your reputation should be tight enough that you can believably represent an overpair in this situation or else this raise is a mistake.
My image is always LAG. however, at this table i'm fairly new. Just made a table change so It could very well be an Over pair.and normally i would C-bet. I dunno. Thats why i feel i played it meh. I think i wanted a free draw for an 8, and if it misses and checks through i'd bet the turn
I hate the river call in hand one, and why didn't you 3-bet the turn? I think i prefer a three bet here, especialy as you're calling the river without boating up.I would proabbly bet the flop in hand 2 but the turn and river seem fine, PF i like aswell.
Yeah, in hand one, I am three betting the flop (**edit: turn) every single time w/o exception. Hand two seems fine to me.
question for you 2. and anyone else who chimes ingiven our stacks. if i 3-bet the turn. we arent committed, but what are we hoping happens by 3-betting the turn? we cant fold to a shove, can we? or is that the point??

Hand ONE I shove the flop. As played, I don't know about the turn. Prob call it depending on my own read of the villain and/or fold the river.Hand two, I pump the gutterball harder on the flop if he's tight. Bet the turn harder. River raise is OK. I really bet hard, don't I?

question for you 2. and anyone else who chimes ingiven our stacks. if i 3-bet the turn. we arent committed, but what are we hoping happens by 3-betting the turn? we cant fold to a shove, can we? or is that the point??
you played it fine.you and villain are too deep for you to 3bet the turn. you 3-bet, it's gotta be to something like 200. that just folds out something like AhXh (that you're robbing some outs from), while forcing you to stack off to the made flush (you can't fold here if you 3-bet). in other words, a 3bet here that faces resistance means you pretty much guarantee that ~80% of your stack is going in bad. at a 100BB, you'd 3bet here because the ratio of your remaining stack to the pot size is a hell of a lot better.hand 2: bet the flop more often than not. rainbow and paired. not likely to have hit someone, not likely to elicit a call from a draw. more turn cards potentially improve opponents' hands than yours. check behind if villain in MP has the nerve to c/r you here with air because he knows that most of the time you're going to have nothing in this spot. villain in EP, you don't need to worry about as much, because if you get resistance from him, you're almost never getting re-bluffed.as played it's fine.
Hand ONE I shove the flop. As played, I don't know about the turn. Prob call it depending on my own read of the villain and/or fold the river.Hand two, I pump the gutterball harder on the flop if he's tight. Bet the turn harder. River raise is OK. I really bet hard, don't I?
Yes, too hard. How can you just shove hand one? It's just silly to do so, as the it such a massive overbet, you lose a lot of value to hands that would have called a standard sized c-bet... and oh yeah and "only the hand that beats you calls here".Of course, smaller sets may call, but why not let THEM raise? I'm not saying i'm unwilling to get it in on this flop, but the massive shovel overbet you recommend is totally -EV.As for hand 2, I think whether or not to c-bet varies... I guess you can mix it up here. Although I really hate c/c the flop. OP played hand 2 fine.
I didn't notice this was 200BB stacks the first time but i still think i play it the same.1. He calls with a draw/worse hand, he folds a draw that we would not have gained any money from on the river but might call a bet when behind.2. Nah if he shoves i think we'd probably have the odds to call when behind anyway so it's a maybe regretable but insta-call still imo.I'd like to ask, given that you called a river bet on one of the worse cards in the deck for you, i'm assuming you put your opponent on complete air through the hand? If you had a strong read that he was on complete air or overbetting a hand you beat or something, i can get behind calling the turn to let him bluff the river, but i don't really think the river call makes a lot of sense given the way he played the hand, and given the board texture i still prefer 3-betting the turn.
I'd like to ask, given that you called a river bet on one of the worse cards in the deck for you, i'm assuming you put your opponent on complete air through the hand? If you had a strong read that he was on complete air or overbetting a hand you beat or something, i can get behind calling the turn to let him bluff the river, but i don't really think the river call makes a lot of sense given the way he played the hand, and given the board texture i still prefer 3-betting the turn.
smaller set or flush. I think i played it fairly passively that it lookslike an over paifr with a big heart. so i think a small set still value bets the riverhowever t was a bad call and he had KhJh
smaller set or flush. I think i played it fairly passively that it lookslike an over paifr with a big heart. so i think a small set still value bets the riverhowever t was a bad call and he had KhJh
i think stack sizes were large enough to call turn for implieds?flop7h, 6h, 3h,bb check, hero bet 22. villain call. 2 folds.turn10chero bet 45. villain raise to 95, hero call.He is the type to think he outplayed someone if its a cooler. :club:
i think stack sizes were large enough to call turn for implieds?flop7h, 6h, 3h,bb check, hero bet 22. villain call. 2 folds.turn10chero bet 45. villain raise to 95, hero call.He is the type to think he outplayed someone if its a cooler. :club:
honestly, when he said raise... I was like. Ugh..... then he put in 95. and i was dying laughing inside. I'm thinking. OK. i have 10 outs to the nuts basically since i'm pretty sure if hes ahead , its with a flopped flush. anyways, the river bricked and i felt like folding, but talked myself into it. saying he could... could.... have a small set

Hand 1I think you played this good... with your read on the guy and the way the hand played out it looks like your beat on the river, but I have a hard time getting away from hands like this. I wouldn't rule out 8 9 suited since it was relatively cheap to play pre-flop.He could possibly be bluffing, a $100 bet in 1/2 maybe trying to get you to fold, even with so much in the pot, I think I would have called it also. Hand 2Only thing I would have done differently was called the river. He limp/called preflop, checked the flop, check/called the turn, then bets the river, could be slow playing something big?

Only thing I would have done differently was called the river. He limp/called preflop, checked the flop, check/called the turn, then bets the river, could be slow playing something big?
i felt super strongly he had 9,x... and not a boat. It was kind of a physical tell. regardless. i need to get value when i'm ahead with a straight. and if he 3bets me on the river, well then i can fold.he called. the raise, and mucked 9, someting. said he had a 9. didnt tell me his kicker.
i felt super strongly he had 9,x... and not a boat. It was kind of a physical tell. regardless. i need to get value when i'm ahead with a straight. and if he 3bets me on the river, well then i can fold.he called. the raise, and mucked 9, someting. said he had a 9. didnt tell me his kicker.
Wow if he played his 9 like that... you are right he is horrible, double checking the flop and turn with that board? I could have maybe seen him checking the flop with your 12 raise preflop, trying to entice a bet on the flop. With your LAG image he should have at least bet the turn though, or maybe he just doesn't pay attention.
honestly, when he said raise... I was like. Ugh..... then he put in 95. and i was dying laughing inside. I'm thinking. OK. i have 10 outs to the nuts basically since i'm pretty sure if hes ahead , its with a flopped flush. anyways, the river bricked and i felt like folding, but talked myself into it. saying he could... could.... have a small set
Personaly i don't think he value bets anything that isn't a straight or better here beacause if he doesn't have a nine he's got to be thinking there's a high possibility you do.I'm really suprised everyone wants to call the river here, i know i don't know the villain but i don't think too long before throwing my card away in general in this spot.