Good News For The.....marlins!?!?!?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigh, such a tease. I thought you meant today and they had played a morning east coast game. Keep beating the DBacks, much appreciated.Also, if you can continue to get production out of Mark Hendrickson you guys must be living a charmed life.
three game sweep for the fish. you are most welcome.
Meh....we sweep the Mets and only gain a half game on ya'll. Congrats on the sweep, but I really wouldn't mind the Fish losing one every once in a while.
I <3 the Marlins :)Want to know one reason I have always liked the Marlins? In their short existence, they have won 2 WS titles, which makes the fact that the Giants haven't won one since coming to SF* more painful for Giants fans. Plus, you always seem to beat the Giants on the way to the WS.* I'm ignoring the fact that both Marlins WS titles have come post '88, making the Dodgers slightly less pathetic then the Giants.

Also....Dbacks sweep Dodgers earlier this year, Dodgers sweep Marlins, and now the Marlins sweep the Dbacks. What does that show? That the NL is going to probably be a big cluster **** at the end, with the WC up for grabs between multiple teams. (as usual)

Also....Dbacks sweep Dodgers earlier this year, Dodgers sweep Marlins, and now the Marlins sweep the Dbacks. What does that show? That the NL is going to probably be a big cluster **** at the end, with the WC up for grabs between multiple teams. (as usual)
This is so true. The NL is extremely balanced this year. I still believe that a couple of the teams will fall off the pace eventually (most likely Astros and Cards imo), but I still believe that any of about 6 or 7 teams could still be the NL's rep in the WS this year.
This is so true. The NL is extremely balanced this year. I still believe that a couple of the teams will fall off the pace eventually (most likely Astros and Cards imo), but I still believe that any of about 6 or 7 teams could still be the NL's rep in the WS this year.
And I didn't even mention the Braves sweeping the Dodgers. :)Stolen from dodgerthoughts, NL currently:28-19 Arizona28-19 Chicago27-19 Florida28-21 St. Louis (one game behind)26-21 Atlanta (2 GB)27-22 Philadelphia (2 GB)27-22 Houston (2 GB)25-21 Los Angeles (2 1/2 GB)
I <3 the Marlins :)Want to know one reason I have always liked the Marlins? In their short existence, they have won 2 WS titles, which makes the fact that the Giants haven't won one since coming to SF* more painful for Giants fans. Plus, you always seem to beat the Giants on the way to the WS.* I'm ignoring the fact that both Marlins WS titles have come post '88, making the Dodgers slightly less pathetic then the Giants.
Marlins are 6-1 against the giants in the playoffs. Of course, since the Giants wont sniff the postseason this year maybe that is a bad omen for us. And I used to love Will Clark.I cant believe how well the Marlins pitched this series....it would be great if they could pound the Giants to finish off the homestand strong.
Marlins are 6-1 against the giants in the playoffs. Of course, since the Giants wont sniff the postseason this year maybe that is a bad omen for us. And I used to love Will Clark.I cant believe how well the Marlins pitched this series....it would be great if they could pound the Giants to finish off the homestand strong.
I don't know, you are facing a pretty hot pitcher tonight...
I don't know, you are facing a pretty hot pitcher tonight...
thanks for the reverse jinx. zito pitches flawlessly.....figures.

sweep the double header. Dan Uggla just cant stop hitting home runs. Amazing, the Marlins are streaking while Hanley Ramirez slumps. Cant wait for him to get back on track.29-20.....wow!

a very encouraging game against the Mets. Marlins got a bunch of two-out hits with RISP. Luis Gonzalez and Wes Helms continue to do great things on the field which is a huge bonus since they were both signed for leadership purposes.30-20 now with Hanley slumping and Willingham hurt. I still have doubts about the starting pitching but I think it is safe to say that the bullpen is for real. 4 perfect innings last night to wrap up the game. So sweet.

that one hurt. would have been nice to steal a series from the mets on a homer by Almezaga of all people. really need to try and grab two of three from the phillies.....

that one hurt. would have been nice to steal a series from the mets on a homer by Almezaga of all people. really need to try and grab two of three from the phillies.....
As a Met fan I feel we stole the series from you...even though it was at Shea. The Mets were in such a funk. I just hope this turned them around.And yes. Please take 2 of 3 from the Phils...

huge huge win tonight for the marlins against Cole Hamels. I cant believe how many bombs this team is hitting. Cody Ross has 10 home runs???and someone hooked george cantu up to the juvenation machine....he looks like he has turned back the clock to when people thought he was a hot commodity.

huge huge win tonight for the marlins against Cole Hamels. I cant believe how many bombs this team is hitting. Cody Ross has 10 home runs???and someone hooked george cantu up to the juvenation machine....he looks like he has turned back the clock to when people thought he was a hot commodity.
while cantu is hitting big.....he is not handling the transition to third base well and it cost us on sunday. Cantu's 12th error was the big moment that led to a loss. Obviously, it is hard to be too hard on a guy who made the move from second base to third base (not a normal transition) and the way he is mashing helps.bottom line, the marlins really could use a split in atlanta to make this road trip 4-6 which would be respectable though not ideal. I worry that if this team loses momentum, their inexperience and lack of pitching depth might really come to the forefront.

wow. this road trip has been painful. two extra innings losses and another blown save tonight. the bullpen is getting exposed on this road trip.....perhaps they were the group that was playing way above their heads for the first two months.it is clear the marlins will be competitive all year but I think they are starting to show signs of regressing back to .500 ball. the future is very bright though and I heart our scouting department. They just never make mistakes.

every time I think a real losing streak is going to occur, the fish come through with a big win. What a great comeback in the ninth. More importantly, Hanley Ramirez finally got it going with two homers including the game winner. Good stuff.

another great win last night. Marlins just continue to hit tons of homers.....it is amazing.I am sad though that the Marlins have as few fans in cyberspace as they do in real life.....

I've been a Yankees fan since I was 5. Florida didn't even have a team until what, 1993, so it's hard to totally transition, but I'm a Yankees loyalist first, closely followed by the Fish. I was at the first two games ever, against PMJs Dodgers if I remember correctly.I watch a ton more Marlins games than Yanks. They are exciting, but the pitching is tough. If Josh Johnson can produce, then maybe something can happen. I never read the local papers, where is Mr No Hitter, Anibal?