New Challenge ( Tourney Style )

hey guys, im a cash game player, but have had some success with mtts lately...and im taking the day off tomorrow while traveling to foxwoods, so im throwing a few stakes out there for dedicated poker players in need of a shot at a bigger score. im gonna give 3 stakes out for the 27.50 at 9pm eastern tomorrow (wednesday) to whoever thinks they deserve it, and can convince me of that. i'll reply when i wake up, and ship money tomorrow evening. glglJesse
HiSince the beginning of 2008 I've started to get more into MTTs and tried to improve my game in the theoretical sense, just by basic stuff like reading the HOHs and stuff in the tourney section here. Since then I had quite a bit success live, where I play in a small tournament each week(mostly 45-70 players). I have been wanting to redeposit money on stars, because my roll is only about 30$ at the moment, but I had lots of other stuff going on and kind of forgot about it. So I've been waiting to take a shot at a potential big score like this for a while now and would be more than happy to get that opportunity as soon as possible. So.......me please :club:
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dueces, it depends on what your goals are. If it is to help an up and comer, pick someone else. If it is to win quite a bit of cash, then NNB is by far the most positive EV you can have.
lol was kiddin obv...would be against my backing deal to be staked by someone else
lol was kiddin obv...would be against my backing deal to be staked by someone else
loool, I wasn't. Take my damn $27.50 and win!!

ill throw my name in the hat, shipped a mtt win earlier the month and am very confident in my play just usually cashout after my wins to help pay for school therefore i am way underrolled to play in the 27.50, 3 handed in a 4.40 as im typing this, go mesagedecarte on stars

sent to saged so far, and whats your stars name kevin? sending one to you also. 1 more available
I guess by me saying I suck didn't convince you, huh?
I guess by me saying I suck didn't convince you, huh?
ya pretty much lol. imo, confidence is one of the most important skills you can have in poker. it can be the difference between a winning and losing player. so ya...im looking for people who display confidence, even if they dont have the best skills of the group.still 1 more available

yooooo deuces, lemme get that last stake? (beaverstyle (allendale))I recently cashed out all of my monies so I could concentrate more on my studies. Well one of my classes has ended already and I only have two, so I have a bit more time to play poker. I've done pretty well in the past on stakes (15th in SM, 1st in $20 180, 2nd in $11 6-max mtt, and countless 4.40 cashes) and for some reason I seem to do well playing w/ other's money. I'd like to think I am pretty level headed as of late and would play my A-game in this tourney.GL to whoever you choose!

yooooo deuces, lemme get that last stake? (beaverstyle (allendale))I recently cashed out all of my monies so I could concentrate more on my studies. Well one of my classes has ended already and I only have two, so I have a bit more time to play poker. I've done pretty well in the past on stakes (15th in SM, 1st in $20 180, 2nd in $11 6-max mtt, and countless 4.40 cashes) and for some reason I seem to do well playing w/ other's money. I'd like to think I am pretty level headed as of late and would play my A-game in this tourney.GL to whoever you choose!
shipped. gl
sent to saged so far, and whats your stars name kevin? sending one to you also. 1 more available
Me Me Me Me Me!!!!!
ya pretty much lol. imo, confidence is one of the most important skills you can have in poker. it can be the difference between a winning and losing player. so ya...im looking for people who display confidence, even if they dont have the best skills of the group.still 1 more available
Would it have helped if I said that I luckboxed my way to 210th place of 22500 in the Sunday Hundred Grand?
fdj;klfadsjklfdajkldfaskjef;kjllkdfdslljksalkjdf
NANNY NANNY BOO BOO!p.s. you mean the one that's at 8pm est, right? Registration starts in 9 minutes?I assume that is it.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (9 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)MP3 (t7295)CO (t2840)Button (t1895)SB (t4343)BB (t1988)UTG (t6645)UTG+1 (t5830)Hero (t2315)MP2 (t5134)Preflop: Hero is MP1 with kd.gif, kh.gif. UTG calls t100, 1 fold, Hero raises to t413, 4 folds, SB calls t363, 1 fold, UTG calls t313.Flop: (t1339) 9d.gif, ts.gif, ad.gif(3 players)SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.Turn: (t1339) 6h.gif(3 players)SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.River: (t1339) 8d.gif(3 players)SB bets t3930 (All-In), UTG calls t3930, Hero folds.Final Pot: t9199Results:SB has As Th (two pair, aces and tens). UTG has Js Qs (straight, queen high). Outcome: UTG wins t9199.

6,943 @ first breakHad KK>AQs aipf to knock out a shortyand AA>K2>QQ aipf to knock out two shorties lol...only interesting hand I had so far was a few hands after the AA-one:PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (9 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)saw flop|saw showdownCO (t655)Button (t3960)SB (t11940)BB (t1555)UTG (t5065)UTG+1 (t2780)Hero (t7333)MP2 (t9535)MP3 (t5280)Preflop: Hero is MP1 with ah.gif, qh.gif. 2 folds, Hero raises to t240, 4 folds, SB calls t190, BB raises to t1655, Hero folds, SB folds.Final Pot: t720Results in white below: No showdown. BB wins t720. Is this a call getting 1.5-1?I had his range on JJ+, AQs & AK...is that too tight?well I'm happy with the way I played it, I hope I can keep up running that good :club:

very easy fold Beaver
FYPI definitely spewed some chips the first hour... but these guys are just GIVING away chips. I've limped behind and/or called some small raises in pos. w/ suited connectors and whatnot, hitting 0 flops. I'd try and play position but these guys have shown that they don't fold anything. I need to pick up a hand to get a stack to do some damage w/ or it's gonna be a rough 2nd hour.
6,943 @ first breakHad KK>AQs aipf to knock out a shortyand AA>K2>QQ aipf to knock out two shorties lol...only interesting hand I had so far was a few hands after the AA-one:PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (9 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)saw flop|saw showdownCO (t655)Button (t3960)SB (t11940)BB (t1555)UTG (t5065)UTG+1 (t2780)Hero (t7333)MP2 (t9535)MP3 (t5280)Preflop: Hero is MP1 with ah.gif, qh.gif. 2 folds, Hero raises to t240, 4 folds, SB calls t190, BB raises to t1655, Hero folds, SB folds.Final Pot: t720Results in white below: No showdown. BB wins t720. Is this a call getting 1.5-1?I had his range on JJ+, AQs & AK...is that too tight?well I'm happy with the way I played it, I hope I can keep up running that good :club:
I think this is close.... He has a perfect stack to squeeze you w/... w/ your stack I may call here.
I think its a call cuz its the shorty, and his shoving range is much wider then a deeper stack in this situation. So, I call