New Challenge ( Tourney Style )

can a backer plz clarify this?
It's gonna be what is agreed upon but if there is makeup the standard is half of what you invested. Without makeup, there could definitely be arguments made that the deal should be shifted slightly more towards the investor, ie......invest 50% get 30% (as opposed to 25%).
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fold pf FARGO
Yeah that was why I included my "as played" in the OP. I was on slight life tilt and was playing way more hands than necessary. Bad combo IMO. Puts myself in too many tricky spots like that.You know the speech and such...

Standard move here?My image is fairly active, none of the players to act are particuarly noteworthy.The shover has shoved 3 times in the last 15 hands or so.Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem TournamentBlinds: t200/t400(Ante: t25)8 playersConverterPre-flop: (8 players) Hero is CO with :D:club:3 folds, MP2 raises all-in t5325, Hero???

Yeah that was why I included my "as played" in the OP. I was on slight life tilt and was playing way more hands than necessary. Bad combo IMO. Puts myself in too many tricky spots like that.You know the speech and such...
I mean we really should not look at the hand and critique it "as played" because the pf call is really bad and we should never be getting into this spot.
Standard move here?My image is fairly active, none of the players to act are particuarly noteworthy.The shover has shoved 3 times in the last 15 hands or so.Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem TournamentBlinds: t200/t400(Ante: t25)8 playersConverterPre-flop: (8 players) Hero is CO with :D:club:3 folds, MP2 raises all-in t5325, Hero???
we need stackizzles
I mean we really should not look at the hand and critique it "as played" because the pf call is really bad and we should never be getting into this spot.
More from a position standpoint? Or just all around in general? K-J on button?
More from a position standpoint? Or just all around in general? K-J on button?
Well, basically becauase you are oop but its a 1500 stack tourney and I like to play very tight in these and not spew chips off because every chip is necessary. I guess you can call the button since there are already 3 people in the pot and the bb will prob come along too.
every chip is necessary
So that's how to win tournaments. I knew I had been doing something wrong! :club:
Once again, I assume that villain is a low stakes player, so we can assume he is thinking about how best to pass 3rd grade geography as opposed to his hand here. This thought process becomes a lot tougher if the buyin is 55 or above and we can start assuming villain is thinking about the board and our hand.(Making sure I have details right) Villain raises from MP to 220 (basically a minraise +a little), we flat from BB, flop is 833 rainbow, we lead approx 350 into a 490 pot, villain flats. We have 2700 behind, villain has us covered, pot is 1190.Villains flat here basically defines his range down to a series of hands that either have us clobbered, the occasional lower pp, or a float (which at this level is more likely to be "omg I can't fold I have AK!"). Do you really think villain is calling with *that* many hands that are floating? I'm one of the biggest proponents of the "it's nlhe, noone ever has anything" philosophy, but he'd have to be floating more than 1/3rd of the time to even justify leading 600 here, or check-calling 600 he'd have to be floating 1/4th of the time. People said "lead-fold" on the flop for a reason-at low buyins, this board texture dictates that anything that is going past the flop either isn't going to bet the turn if they're behind or is going to throw in a bet on the flop or turn if they are ahead.
Well put Bizzle. Exactly my thoughts, only better spelled out.I don't think this guy ever gets to the river... and probably not the turn... if we take the lead. I think all AK, AQ, AJ, AT, A9, KQ, KJ, KT are all possible, plus the possible small pp's are all dropping out from behind our aggression. A small percentage of time a donk will call all the way down with high cards. And there there are the times when we are crushed - 99, TT, JJ, QQ, KK, AA. I think the 99-JJ raise us on the flop and we can fold. Now QQ, KK, AA could play a little softer allowing us to take the lead. So we are defining his hand better. If we are called flop and turn then it's really scary. I would raise/fold flop, raise/fold turn...The question I have is once we get to the river, that scary J comes out - but I don't think that J beats us on it's own. Only those top three pp's are probably calling us down to keep us in the pot. What do we do on the river????

ok, this is obviously a bad beat, but can you ever justify the SB's play? this is a 11+1 180man turbo, so you gotta play your hands hard, but to me this is just a straightforward donk move and he got lucky. im just trying to imagine a scenario where calling with JK in that spot is going to be +EV, maybe if hes putting me on a low pp and the original raiser with air? idk, just kind of frustrated, gotten deep in a bunch of these and have had hands like this come up... is putting yourself in gambling situations for big pots a real strategy? anybody play these 11+1 alot let me knowPokerStars Game #15590622274: Tournament #78909833, $11+$1 Hold'em No Limit - Level VI (100/200) - 2008/02/27 - 15:09:05 (ET)Table '78909833 15' 9-max Seat #4 is the buttonSeat 1: thecrow80 (2860 in chips) Seat 2: airesm (2880 in chips) Seat 3: sagedecarte (5915 in chips) Seat 4: Nizz3 (1965 in chips) Seat 5: 54WINEMAN (5160 in chips) Seat 6: Mo Cheeze (2480 in chips) Seat 7: tcbjoost (4330 in chips) Seat 8: bronxborn45 (6340 in chips) Seat 9: jean moody (2885 in chips) 54WINEMAN: posts small blind 100Mo Cheeze: posts big blind 200*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to sagedecarte [Qd Qc]tcbjoost: folds bronxborn45: calls 200jean moody: folds thecrow80: raises 800 to 1000airesm: folds sagedecarte: raises 4915 to 5915 and is all-inNizz3 has timed outNizz3: folds Nizz3 is sitting outNizz3 has returned54WINEMAN: calls 5060 and is all-inMo Cheeze: folds bronxborn45: folds thecrow80: calls 1860 and is all-in*** FLOP *** [Ts Jd 6h]*** TURN *** [Ts Jd 6h] [Js]*** RIVER *** [Ts Jd 6h Js] [4c]*** SHOW DOWN ***54WINEMAN: shows [Jc Kd] (three of a kind, Jacks)sagedecarte: shows [Qd Qc] (two pair, Queens and Jacks)54WINEMAN collected 4600 from side potthecrow80: shows [Jh Ac] (three of a kind, Jacks - Ace kicker)thecrow80 collected 8980 from main pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 13580 Main pot 8980. Side pot 4600. | Rake 0 Board [Ts Jd 6h Js 4c]Seat 1: thecrow80 showed [Jh Ac] and won (8980) with three of a kind, JacksSeat 2: airesm folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 3: sagedecarte showed [Qd Qc] and lost with two pair, Queens and JacksSeat 4: Nizz3 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 5: 54WINEMAN (small blind) showed [Jc Kd] and won (4600) with three of a kind, JacksSeat 6: Mo Cheeze (big blind) folded before FlopSeat 7: tcbjoost folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 8: bronxborn45 folded before FlopSeat 9: jean moody folded before Flop (didn't bet)

been keeping track this month and focusing solely on turbo 6max sngs21287388lx6.jpgtop is overall, bottom is this week only (only 25$ turbo 6maxes)im obviously running way over expectation but i feel im playing great and staying focused and avoiding distractions while i play, which is usually my biggest leak

ok, this is obviously a bad beat, but can you ever justify the SB's play? this is a 11+1 180man turbo, so you gotta play your hands hard, but to me this is just a
You're right.. bad beat, I can't imagine calling there or a reason to do it. There is no way he is good and probably dominated.
OBV BRAGNice work
unintentional brag, im running like 5x expected. overall in around 700 sngs on stars im 14% ROIi just have been finding that the turbo 6max sngs are very easy to beat; players have no real idea how to play a turbo correctly or 6max well. i keep getting my money in in amazing situations like nut striaght vs overpair etci used to have a very hard time playin turbos as they are a totally different style,but once you adjust to the mthod of play you can definitely make a higher hourly rate playing turbos
unintentional brag, im running like 5x expected. overall in around 700 sngs on stars im 14% ROI
Just messing with you. It's definitely a nice run. Get ready for variance... but you might have figured those out lately. If that is so, build up that BR to get to larger buy ins. And good luck!!!
Just messing with you. It's definitely a nice run. Get ready for variance... but you might have figured those out lately. If that is so, build up that BR to get to larger buy ins. And good luck!!!
yeah im expecting variance hard. ive talked to quite a few pepole who play a ton of sngs and i guess a good longterm target roi in these is 20%, which is what my goal is
In $3R tonight, maybe more later. 9k ish, Your current position is 954 out of 2327Just got 3rd in a $4.40, pissed off I didn't win , the other 2 were bad, but I ****ed up and I know where I went wrong.
gl in the 3r. that tourney is out to get me i swear. i dont know how you can run so bad to be in that for 120$ at break with the minimum stack
unintentional brag, im running like 5x expected. overall in around 700 sngs on stars im 14% ROIi just have been finding that the turbo 6max sngs are very easy to beat; players have no real idea how to play a turbo correctly or 6max well. i keep getting my money in in amazing situations like nut striaght vs overpair etci used to have a very hard time playin turbos as they are a totally different style,but once you adjust to the mthod of play you can definitely make a higher hourly rate playing turbos
I have also been focusing on those and it is good to see that the players at that level are still bad. I have been playing mostly on UB lately, cause the 5 and 10s have been very easy to beat. Have my account a little over 600 on there and started with 80 about a month ago. Players in those just love gettin their money in bad
I have also been focusing on those and it is good to see that the players at that level are still bad. I have been playing mostly on UB lately, cause the 5 and 10s have been very easy to beat. Have my account a little over 600 on there and started with 80 about a month ago. Players in those just love gettin their money in bad
eah, its crazy. i cant count the number of times ive flopped top two, a flush or anything like that and people open shove for 5x the potor when they minraise pf, youve got 77 in the bb and call the extra 100, flop a set and they shove their aces in and call you a donkey
eah, its crazy. i cant count the number of times ive flopped top two, a flush or anything like that and people open shove for 5x the potor when they minraise pf, youve got 77 in the bb and call the extra 100, flop a set and they shove their aces in and call you a donkey
I <3 those people!
I <3 those people!
Not just Turbos though. It's even more ridiculous when a player from EP minraises and gets like 4 callers and shoves on the flop with AA or KK, even if it's paired. lolkeep it up Rab!!