European Slow Rollers

Daniel has been slow rolled numerous times according to his blog, and he says this happens anytime he plays in Europe. This surprised me since I play live occasionally (not as much as I would like since I live in Ohio) in the US and can count the number of times I've been slow rolled on one hand. Any thoughts as to why this happens so much in Europe? I thought americans were supposed to be the assholes.

That was weird. I thought I put a comment to this post up but apparently it's disappeared into the black hole of cyberspace. I've found in my internet play that European players do tend to slow roll more than North American players. Of course slow rolling has it's drawbacks as well. Many times I've seen somebody slow play a hand only to have his/her opponent suck out on them. It has it's advantages and drawbacks just as every other style does.

I live in the Uk and have played all over europe and the world including vegas. Slowrolling happens about as much as you see it in the US, i.e. not very often. I would bet a fair amount of money that the people doing it were either inexperienced and/or internet players who didn't really understand the concept of slowrolling. I think its was nearly a year after I started playing poker before I even knew what a slowroll was.

That was weird. I thought I put a comment to this post up but apparently it's disappeared into the black hole of cyberspace. I've found in my internet play that European players do tend to slow roll more than North American players. Of course slow rolling has it's drawbacks as well. Many times I've seen somebody slow play a hand only to have his/her opponent suck out on them. It has it's advantages and drawbacks just as every other style does.
There is a difference between slow-roll and slow-play.Slow roll is when a player knows he has the hand won ( holding the nut flush, with no pairs showing ), waits for his opponent to show his hand after the river and gives his opponent the impression he has won the hand but then at the last possible moment reveals that he was holding the winning hand all along. I have a player in my home game that does this all the time. I don't let it get to me anymore because I think he does it on purpose to put people on tilt.

I was playing online against a guy from the UK. I had A/A. Flop came 10/7/4. He checked, I bet he called. I put him on A/10. Next card was a 10. He checked, I checked, thinking I was beat. I was ready to muck (dont worry, not a brag post, you'll see). Next card is another 10. At this point, I think I'm ahead. He bet a good amount, and I was wondering but figured I'd put him all in. It wasn't much more. He thinks types, "Hmmmmmmmmm. Good bet." Waits till the last second and calls. Shows A/10. I say nice slowroll *******. He says, "I was afraid of my kicker." I fought back from 2K to 15K and he gave me a bad beat to eliminate me. I've never beaten this guy and he's given me a bad beat litterally every time. (Around 4) His name is Clay Knight and he plays on Bugsys Club.com. My one solace was that first tourney was to get into the WSOP, and he came in 3rd. I rubbed it in hard core when he got eliminated. It was fun.

Please dont generalise europeans. Theres 20 different bloody countries. Dont be retarded and say "europeans do this" etc when there is so many different cultures.Its a continent.Im Irish, I dont consider myself european really. Thats just the continent Im in. I know that makes little sense, but I mean it!

Please dont generalise europeans. Theres 20 different bloody countries. Dont be retarded and say "europeans do this" etc when there is so many different cultures.Its a continent.Im Irish, I dont consider myself european really. Thats just the continent Im in. I know that makes little sense, but I mean it!
Cannot agree with you more!
Knew some politically correct do-gooder would drop this one sooner or later. I am not generalizing europeans. I am asking if europeans on average slow roll more than americans do. I know, as anybody with an iq of more than 50 knows, that you can't generalize someone based on country of origin, let alone continent of origin. Hell, you can't generalize within one family. Oh, and if your Irish, you are european. Whether you like it or not. Me, I am a german U.S. citizen that acts like a low caste member from India, so go figure.
Knew some politically correct do-gooder would drop this one sooner or later. I am not generalizing europeans. I am asking if europeans on average slow roll more than americans do. I know, as anybody with an iq of more than 50 knows, that you can't generalize someone based on country of origin, let alone continent of origin. Hell, you can't generalize within one family. Oh, and if your Irish, you are european. Whether you like it or not. Me, I am a german U.S. citizen that acts like a low caste member from India, so go figure.
I wasnt calling you retarded, this was just something I had been meaning to say for awhile and seeing your title topic just reminded me. And DN said it was mainly italians.I know I'm European
There's a difference between slowrolling and slowplaying. Slowplaying is not playing a strong hand aggressively, setting a trap. Slowrolling is when you have the nuts or a lock hand on the river and you pretend like your opponent has a chance of winning.
Well then if you accept that it is illogical to generalize about europeans, then how can you logically ask if europeans generally slowroll more than Americans?
Well then if you accept that it is illogical to generalize about europeans, then how can you logically ask if europeans generally slowroll more than Americans?
Caue they do?
Okay. Lets see if you're capable of answering this question without getting your sensibilities upset:Do you get slow rolled when in europe more than you do when in the u.s.?That one okay?

I think the more pertinent question on everyone's lips is this: Do Europeans like to accept all in withouth to see the floop, more often than their non-European counterparts?Because I met a strange little Spanish guy once... and he definately looked like the type of guy who liked to see floops.

Ridiculous post. There are lots of countries in europe yes. There are also INDIVIDUALS within countries believe it or not, what you're saying is like you can't call Americans fat but by all means call texans fat. By the way you are a European whether you think it or not.EDIT: Im european and no I won't accept all in wihtout see floop.
Ridiculous post. There are lots of countries in europe yes. There are also INDIVIDUALS within countries believe it or not, what you're saying is like you can't call Americans fat but by all means call texans fat. By the way you are a European whether you think it or not.EDIT: Im european and no I won't accept all in wihtout see floop.
When did I say that?
There is a difference between slow-roll and slow-play.Slow roll is when a player knows he has the hand won ( holding the nut flush, with no pairs showing ), waits for his opponent to show his hand after the river and gives his opponent the impression he has won the hand but then at the last possible moment reveals that he was holding the winning hand all along. I have a player in my home game that does this all the time. I don't let it get to me anymore because I think he does it on purpose to put people on tilt.
Slow Roll = ASSSlow Play= Genius (well... not that extreme....but ..ya know)
Slow Roll = ASSSlow Play= Genius (well... not that extreme....but ..ya know)
ALL RIGHT ALREADY GOOD GRIEF! I ALREADY APOLOGIZED FOR MISREADING THE FRIGGIN POST SO LET'S MOVE ON PLEASE!