Tournament Tactics For Sunday Million

I have a question regarding tactics for the Sunday Million tourney. I have qualified through a 216 man qualifier, and I am tempted to play, but I know the strategy will vary in these large buy in's compared to normal (my price range) tourneys.PokerStars Tournament #75465682, No Limit Hold'emSuper SatelliteBuy-In: $2.00/$0.20216 playersTotal Prize Pool: $432.00Target Tournament #75078462 Buy-In: $215.002 tickets to the target tournamentTournament started - 2008/01/28 - 17:05:57 (ET)Dear Zivan1508,You finished the tournament in 1st place.You qualified to play in Tournament #75078462 and are automatically registered for it.See Tournament #75078462 Lobby for further details.If you choose to unregister from this tournament your account will be creditedwith $215.00 Tournament dollars. Tournament dollars can be used to buy intoany tournament.Visit our web site at http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/tournaments/ for more details.Congratulations!Thank you for participating.I don't know if my game is ready for this, but if anyone has some good tactics for it, I would love to hear your opinions.

It is a tournament of horrendous quality, with donks trying to commit suicide everywhere. Basically.It's a long tournament, and you can afford to be relatively patient.The basic strategy for the first few hours is1/ Get good cards.2/ Bet them for value.If and when you get to later stages you'll want to start stealing the blinds with weak hands and maybe making a resteal or two, but steps 1 and 2 will honestly get you through.

You start out with 200BBs - with 10K starting and blinds at 25/50. So for the first 30 minutes, I typically play any hands in position that have excellent implied odds (any PP, connectors). No need to worry about stealing blinds or defending blinds at this level. No need to get into marginal spots. From EP, I toss hands like AJ/KQ/KJ etc as the reverse implied odds can hurt you.After the first hour, stealing/restealing becomes a bigger part of your arsenal. Have OPR (Official Poker Rankings) up so that you can look up players to see if they're experienced or not (hopefully you don't run into a multi-accounter). The play can be awful so there are always players willing to pay you off when you have a strong hand if you're lucky.

You got 2 good replies already so there isn't too much to add. I'd play really super tight OOP. Figure out who the donks are at your table and if you can see CHEAP flops in position do so. If you hit a flop hard play it strong and if they have top pair you'll stack them. Stay away from the trouble hands GoBears mentioned. One more thing is don't play scared. Play your big hands strong. Once you get shortstacked play very tight and wait for a a good spot to push. Once you get near 10 big blinds you should be looking for spots to push with good hands. Don't lose your fold equity, its all you've got so don't blind out.

If you think you are going to play scared or you are out of your element, you can unregister and your account will be refunded with 215 tournament dollars..Just FYI if you didn't know

If you think you are going to play scared or you are out of your element, you can unregister and your account will be refunded with 215 tournament dollars..Just FYI if you didn't know
Thanks guys and gal for all your input. I have unregistered and sold the T$ to a friend who plays a lot of high stakes. I will try again to make the ticket before Sunday.I don't play scared, just was trying to find out if the tactics should vary. I am usually very aggressive, and this has it's ups and downs as you all know.The strategy sounds pretty straight forward, and watching the other players at my table is a must.Once again thanks all. One day I will rub shoulders with the big boys but not as yet :club:
Thanks guys and gal for all your input. I have unregistered and sold the T$ to a friend who plays a lot of high stakes. I will try again to make the ticket before Sunday.I don't play scared, just was trying to find out if the tactics should vary. I am usually very aggressive, and this has it's ups and downs as you all know.The strategy sounds pretty straight forward, and watching the other players at my table is a must.Once again thanks all. One day I will rub shoulders with the big boys but not as yet :club:
Another thing I would do is use Pokerdb.com or officialpokerrankings.com on every player I'm sitting with. This will tell you how much tournament winnings each player has, and will give you a better indication of they are a seasoned online pro or a satellite noob who is taking a shot out of his bankroll and might be more willing to play tight/scared..This is especially important and valuable around the bubbleEdit: I just noticed Gobears wrote the same thing. oops
You start out with 200BBs - with 10K starting and blinds at 25/50. So for the first 30 minutes, I typically play any hands in position that have excellent implied odds (any PP, connectors). No need to worry about stealing blinds or defending blinds at this level. No need to get into marginal spots. From EP, I toss hands like AJ/KQ/KJ etc as the reverse implied odds can hurt you.After the first hour, stealing/restealing becomes a bigger part of your arsenal. Have OPR (Official Poker Rankings) up so that you can look up players to see if they're experienced or not (hopefully you don't run into a multi-accounter). The play can be awful so there are always players willing to pay you off when you have a strong hand if you're lucky.
I tried this exactly the 2 times I sattied into it recently and got destroyed by lack of cards/bad beats. Might try again sometime, got so unlucky to bad play the first time I played.The second time I played, I OPRed my table and 3 players played $100+R's regularly and overall 6 had $10k+ profit. I guess I got a bit too cautious because of this.

I wouldn't have sold the T$, simply because you can use those for ANY tourney on Stars (just like cash). W$ are different, as they are limited to EPT/PCA/WPT, etc tourneys.Anyway, some decent responses... I played the Sunday Warm-Up and I concur with the statements, in general. The mitigating factor is the table dynamic, which can be overwhelming if aggro.

Another thing I would do is use Pokerdb.com or officialpokerrankings.com on every player I'm sitting with. This will tell you how much tournament winnings each player has, and will give you a better indication of they are a seasoned online pro or a satellite noob who is taking a shot out of his bankroll and might be more willing to play tight/scared..This is especially important and valuable around the bubbleEdit: I just noticed Gobears wrote the same thing. oops
I think it's actually this...thepokerdb.comWhich is owned by Bluff. A lot of people forget the "the".

www.officialpokerrankings.com is a better site because it's free and you can get a hell of a lot more info on a player than with thepokerdb.