Official I Joined A Gym Thread

dude, there's no way you're gonna maximize your pump or totally shred your tri's like that.I love those ads in weightlifting magazines.
I love that you buy weightlifting magazines. Is there anything in them but ads? I never understood why people bought them. There is one workout and 120 pages of adds for creatine, the new epherdrine thats not ephedrine, protein powder and recovery drinks.
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love that you buy weightlifting magazines. Is there anything in them but ads? I never understood why people bought them. There is one workout and 120 pages of adds for creatine, the new epherdrine thats not ephedrine, protein powder and recovery drinks.
Don't forget the real draw...pictures of oiled up men who look like this:bodybuilder.jpg_42664419_bodybuilder.jpg
yeah you're pretty much right. they do have a whole lot of ads in them, but you can get a lot of info out of them. for real information, mens health is great. lots of good tips and programs and stuff. I also like it a lot for nutrition information. they have a lot of good recipes and such, and tend to have a lot of articles about good and bad things to eat. thats really helpful.plus, you know, oily muscled men.
yeah you're pretty much right. they do have a whole lot of ads in them, but you can get a lot of info out of them. for real information, mens health is great. lots of good tips and programs and stuff. I also like it a lot for nutrition information. they have a lot of good recipes and such, and tend to have a lot of articles about good and bad things to eat. thats really helpful.plus, you know, oily muscled men.
Mens health is where that workout I sent to Jeff and now steve and matt and some others is from.

i tweaked my calf last night...little sore this morning...about two inches under the back of the knee, right in the middle of the muscle.Must have been those calf raises last night.Should be fine by next wed. when I do the lower body workout again.

Mens health is where that workout I sent to Jeff and now steve and matt and some others is from.
Love Men's Health.My subscription just expired a few months ago. Best magazine out there I think. In almost any genre.
Love Men's Health.My subscription just expired a few months ago. Best magazine out there I think. In almost any genre.
I buy it every month but for some reason never buy the subscription. have no idea why.the only thing I don't like about mens health is the fact that every other issue is the "lose your gut!" issue. a) come up with a new tagline, and b) shouldn't they ALL be lose your gut issues?
I buy it every month but for some reason never buy the subscription. have no idea why.the only thing I don't like about mens health is the fact that every other issue is the "lose your gut!" issue. a) come up with a new tagline, and b) shouldn't they ALL be lose your gut issues?
most guys at newsstands are looking to lose their gut, i suppose.I wish someone would take mine, it hurts pretty bad.
Well obviously you should start a Men's magazine called "Lose Your Gut!" I haven't read much of this thread but i've been seriously thinking of working out again and the motivaton and love hugs might help me be inspired. I'm also kinda a guru on the subject. I went nuts doing this for a few years about 4 years ago.We'll see, but now i'm going to go finish my beer and eat some chile.

Just finished my first week of P90X, busted my anus.The only one that I did not complete the full regimen was the Yoga, good lord that was hard. Ab ripper I had to cut back on the reps, couldn't keep up.

Just finished my first week of P90X, busted my anus.The only one that I did not complete the full regimen was the Yoga, good lord that was hard. Ab ripper I had to cut back on the reps, couldn't keep up.
I'm feeling the lower body/ab workout i did yesterday afternoon right NOW....damn, that was some serious stuff
most guys at newsstands are looking to lose their gut, i suppose.I wish someone would take mine, it hurts pretty bad.
oh yeah, I understand their reasoning completely. its just one of my pet peeves for some reason. it should also be noted that approximately 75% of my pet peeves are things that 99% of the rest of the population doesn't mind at all. I'm not normal. wanna know what another pet peeve of mine is? posting without at least 3 percentage figures. 57%. there.
Just finished my first week of P90X, busted my anus.
I think you may need to work on your form.JOIN US RANDY. WE ARE MASCULINE. WE ARE BETTER THAN OTHERS.

I didn't have any client meetings today so I just wore jeans to the office. I had to put a belt on or they would have fallen off. I can fit my fist in between my waist and the Jeans waistline without touching the jeans or my stomach. I am dumfounded by this. Right now I am wearing a fatty fattersons 38 waist, I never thought I could get back to a 34, but maybe???

Sad thing is Kurt, we are considered normal size by fat ass americas standards now.
Tell that to the clothes stores. 38 is usually the max I can find in any nice place, and even then it's tough sometimes.Not that I shop too often, but still.
Tell that to the clothes stores. 38 is usually the max I can find in any nice place, and even then it's tough sometimes.Not that I shop too often, but still.
Well stop shoping for those emo kids butt tight srtetch jeans.
So I joined a gym last Friday. Been six times in eight days. Things are going well.My goal is to get into good enough shape to complete a beginner's triathlon (375-m swim; 10K bike; 2.5K run) in the summer.I'm 42, 202 lbs (down about five or six from before xmas).I live in a fairly small town and there's only one gym. It's reasonably well-equipped... half-a-dozen treadmills, three rowing machine, five or so stationary bikes, couple stair climbers, four elliptical machines. There's a decent amount of free weights and all the standard weight machines.Right now I'm focussing on increasing my cardio, i've lived a very sedentary life for too many years.For three of the last four nights, i've done 30 minutes on the elliptical machine, first at level 1, then at level 2, tonight at level 3 for 20 minutes and level 4 for 10 minutes. I then went and did some upper body work on the machines (bench, military, chest, bicep, tri) and I end every session with crunches on this machinepower_crunch_600.jpg.One of my main questions is, should I do cardio first, then weights? or the other way around. Any other tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.If there's interest, this could be a place where we post our results and try to encourage each other.thank you for listening.bye
Actually your cardio workout should be totally seperate from your body workout. I try to warm up on cardio for about 15 minutes, stretch and then workout this cardio is just to aid in warmup and blood flow, I limit my rest between sets to keep my heart rate high which will help loose fat. Then I usually hit at least 30 minutes of the hardest cardio I can do. I dont know how many days you work out but on your off days (probably should have atleast 2 a week with no body workout to help with muscle recovery) I would do cardio sessions on those days like a regular excercise bike something thats not real ballistic on your legs so your not effecting muscle recovery. On body work out you want to try to keep it to 2-3 excersices per body part with High reps 12-16 and 3-4 sets, With at least 1 additional set for warmup at each excercise. With warm-up and Body workout you dont want it to take more than an hour or you will start to be counter-productive. If you continue your regimen that you described above I would do this routine 3 times a week and limit the cardio in the beginning and move it to the end. And also at least 1 day maybe 2 days do 30 minutes to an hour on a regular exercise bike (low impact)
Are you paying for P90 or did you find it on the net for free? Just curious I looked at it a little I think the wifey wants to start it. Me I like going to the gym more dedication needed so it gets done if its at the house I will find a billion other things to do instead, for example posting in the forum.
Are you paying for P90 or did you find it on the net for free? Just curious I looked at it a little I think the wifey wants to start it. Me I like going to the gym more dedication needed so it gets done if its at the house I will find a billion other things to do instead, for example posting in the forum.
I plead the FIF.Fif.jpgPM me