Official I Joined A Gym Thread

Did first day of second week, I did much better this time around, more weight/reps and was not as whooped.AbripperX is still kicking my ass, I had to quit half way through. My core is getting such a workout with all of these excercises by the time I get to the ab workout, my abs are done.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did first day of second week, I did much better this time around, more weight/reps and was not as whooped.AbripperX is still kicking my ass, I had to quit half way through. My core is getting such a workout with all of these excercises by the time I get to the ab workout, my abs are done.
I start Week 2, Phase II tomorrow. I'm expecting a good workout, maybe raise it up on a few of the supersets.
I plan to join a gym in a month. I also plan to use this thread for motivation.Go me go.
Do eeeeeeeeet.Can't hit the gym tonite cause of the wife's work sked, but I'm going to go tomorrow morning, get up an hour early. I did that Saturday..not a huge fan, didn't feel that strong, but better than nothing.

I missed a day yesterday for the first time in almost 2 weeks. We had friends over and they stayed until 8:30, by the time I ate and digested I was in bed. So I will have to make up for it today.

I missed a day yesterday for the first time in almost 2 weeks. We had friends over and they stayed until 8:30, by the time I ate and digested I was in bed. So I will have to make up for it today.
wait, do you work out every day?
wait, do you work out every day?
No 6 days a week. 3 are lifting/cardio 3 are mostly cardio in the forms of plyometrics/yoga/kenpo One rest day.I was supposed to do plyometrics yesterday, but friends came down from Sac to see the baby and stayed for the whole friggin day. I rested on Friday.

I was doing really good for 3 weeks or so at one point, eating well, not drinking any pop or alcohol at all, and working out 3 times a week. When I ran out of food though, I ate bad for a few days and stopped working out (what's the point when you eat bad? was the excuse I came up with). Then that few days turned into a few weeks of eating nothing but shit and no exercise. I finally went out and got groceries today, and going to get back into the gym scene when I get back from Vegas early in April. I really really really need to stick with it for once!Question for the workouters... am I going to be blessed with gross looking stretch marks forever, or will they go away if I get into shape?

I was doing really good for 3 weeks or so at one point, eating well, not drinking any pop or alcohol at all, and working out 3 times a week. When I ran out of food though, I ate bad for a few days and stopped working out (what's the point when you eat bad? was the excuse I came up with). Then that few days turned into a few weeks of eating nothing but shit and no exercise. I finally went out and got groceries today, and going to get back into the gym scene when I get back from Vegas early in April. I really really really need to stick with it for once!Question for the workouters... am I going to be blessed with gross looking stretch marks forever, or will they go away if I get into shape?
Join the club, they are there to stay. :frownface:
Sigh, that could have been great motivation to work harder. I wish I got in shape after I noticed the first one.
they fade and turn white after a while. You get them for various reasons, but basically the skin tears.I have them on my legs from when I was younger, i was still in shape but I had back problems and my hips were rotating and it caused my skin to tear.Women usually get them while pregnant.
they fade and turn white after a while. You get them for various reasons, but basically the skin tears.I have them on my legs from when I was younger, i was still in shape but I had back problems and my hips were rotating and it caused my skin to tear.Women usually get them while pregnant.
Cocoa butter: rub the lotion on its skin, or else it gets the hose again
Join the club, they are there to stay. :frownface:
be proud of your stretchmarks! but really, just do a lot of steroids and they'll fill back out with TOTALLY RIPPED MUSCLE.also, I just bought some more NO Explode (I love this stuff) and a new thing of protein powder. I got the optimum nutrition casein (slow digesting) protein, mainly for taking to work for snacks and to drink right before bed, and this stuff is really tasty. I highly recommend it.

I can run harder for longer now than I could in January. I'm chalking that up as progress. I hope this thread is still around in a few months, because even though I don't follow any of the diets/workouts/general advice that gets posted I'm using, "Hell, if Jeff can keep after it then so can I" as my motivation.

I can run harder for longer now than I could in January. I'm chalking that up as progress. I hope this thread is still around in a few months, because even though I don't follow any of the diets/workouts/general advice that gets posted I'm using, "Hell, if Jeff can keep after it then so can I" as my motivation.
shutup whore.

Been a hectic week, haven't been to the gym since Saturday and I feel like crap because of it. Gonna sneak out from work early today and finally get Week 2 Phase II under way. I expect to be sore tomorrow. My gym is closed Friday and Monday because of Easter and only open 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sat and Sun. So I'll get in the mid week workout probably Sunday morning. Oh well, back at it.

Been a hectic week, haven't been to the gym since Saturday and I feel like crap because of it. Gonna sneak out from work early today and finally get Week 2 Phase II under way. I expect to be sore tomorrow. My gym is closed Friday and Monday because of Easter and only open 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sat and Sun. So I'll get in the mid week workout probably Sunday morning. Oh well, back at it.
you should really think about getting some exercise equipment for your home. you don't need much, even if its just some dumbbells or something. at least that way when you have a hectic day, it will be that much harder to come up with an excuse not to work out. stopping like that is dangerous because that is the main way that people give up on working out and go right back to their old habits.
you should really think about getting some exercise equipment for your home. you don't need much, even if its just some dumbbells or something. at least that way when you have a hectic day, it will be that much harder to come up with an excuse not to work out. stopping like that is dangerous because that is the main way that people give up on working out and go right back to their old habits.
couldn't agree more. Need something for sure and it's why i'm going to make sure i get back there today.