From $3RMP - 65kSB - 25kBB (Me) - 40k - 9h 9dBlinds @ 500/1000 ante 100MP - biggest stack , been very loose aggressive, shoving his stack in without much prompting raises to 3k.SB - calls - no particular read - sems standard - quite speculative.BB (Me) - ??.Do I try a squeeze move to take the pot or just call 2k? I think MP has a wide range based on previous hands and I'm fairly sure he'll pot bet+ the flop if it's checked to him. SB I'm not so sure about but probably a widish range. My image is fairly tight aggressive.

Raise to 11KShoving is begging almost any overcard holding to call you down and says "I'm weak, wanna race?". Bigger stacks love that shizz, even when it's a terrible call for them to make. A lot of them will put you on AQ (if they have AK) and hope to have you dominated. A raise, even though it's for 25% of your stack, will make them think twice. If they overshove, then you still have to wonder whether or not they have a better PP or just high cards, so you need to ask yourself "What will I do to a re-raise/overshove?" and make your raise knowing what you will do or just be a wimp and fold... :-)A lot of times, people with good holdings (JJ+, in the case of this example) will make a min raise with the blinds at this level hoping to get an odds call and sucker someone with QT into seeing a flop. When the flop comes T high, they will trap or overbet hoping to get more chips out of you or take down the pot there.It's definitely raise or fold, although I'm not averse to calling from time to time to get to a cheap flop and, hopefully, hit a set, but you'll have less info on your opponent and you're OOP, so...Edit: Take it away, Sheiky!

SB just cold calling his preflop raise could be a trap since he's putting in quite a bit of his stack OOP and knows that MP is aggressive post flop. I don't like a raise here since, you're putting in 25% of your stack pre and your stack is big enough to give FE to MP if he decides to shove. With two players in the pot already, I just call and hope to flop large. It's more likely you'll get paid off especially since MP is aggro on any flop.

OK, partly due to my attention span and the way the hand was "formatted", I missed the fact that SB called the raise. Listen to Gobears, it's a better line, although I'd be interested in feedback on my line, which assumes SB folds...Derrr...

I don't like re-raising in this spot really because your stack size is kind of awkward, i think the best line here is to call and then look to be more aggressive post flop then you normaly would be.

Yea, lost HH, this is a few days old.Been wondering about this hand since, if I played it right.I guess calling is right.As played, I called.SB-22KME - 37KMP - 62KThe flop is 6 6 3 (no flush draw).The SB checks.Bet here?I'm thinking here, the SB definitely hasn't hit and wasn't that strong PF.Pot is 9900

This is a great hand to analyze. It is a situation so many players butcher. Unfortunately I got in on this discussion late. Surprisinly I disagree bigtime with GoBears. I almost never disagree with him but here I definitely do. This is pretty close to a must raise situation. I think GoBears got so caught up in thinking the flat caller might be trapping that it clouded his judgement. At the 3rebuy, 5rebuy level a flat call is rarely a trap. I'm talking 1% rare. A Flat call is almost always weakness. So, we have a LAG late position raiser with a lot of chips and we have a weak "speculative" caller in the SB. How can we not raise? We are ahead here so often that a raise is pretty much imperative. I'm raising slightly more than suggested. I won't love getting in a 40bb pot with 99 if it comes to that but most of the time it won't come to that. You'll take it down pre. I've down this countless times in the 3 and 5 rebuys and it is a hugely +ev way to build your stack. Obviously we are good shape stack wise and don't want to be taking on huge confrontations with 99, but this is too good a spot to pass up.If the SB was a real thinking player capable of trapping then I'd agree with Gobears and basically turn our 99 into 66/77. Raise in this spot next time Highway Star. You'll thank me. If not the next time, you'll thank me in the long run.

I was thinking raising was the right move.Looking back on it, it was definitely the right move in this hand, but generally it also makes sense to.You'll take down the pot pf often enough and if someone has a real monster you'll get repopped and be able to fold and lose a medium pot.The original Raiser had A6 and took a large pot off me in this case, which was quite sickening.

I was thinking raising was the right move.Looking back on it, it was definitely the right move in this hand, but generally it also makes sense to.You'll take down the pot pf often enough and if someone has a real monster you'll get repopped and be able to fold and lose a medium pot.The original Raiser had A6 and took a large pot off me in this case, which was quite sickening.
I was going to say in my original post that if the button shoved...i'm calling. Your read of him tells me a lot and 99 crushes even his reraise range. Some days he will have 10-AA or you will lose a race so GG you, but more often than that you will be a 70-82% favourite. Against most players I'm not playing a 40bb pot with 99 but against that type of player in this situation, I'd be willing. In my experience in low-mid buy-in tournies, I've shoved on or called by the caller exactly zero times. So raising is extremely profitable IMO.

At this point in the tourney you should be playing to get heads up, i would limp and set mine to get a chance to either trap the small stack, or make an easy fold with little committment when missing trips.... no reason to put heads with Mr. 70K too hard, gotta make that mobney!

After seeing an all under flop, you need to check to the power... when he bets out, triple his bet and show him you mean business so you can take it down there... dont make it a quick bet, make sure you show him a calm well thought bet, you dont want him playing at you yet...if he checks, the turn would decide the next plan of action.

Perfect spot for a squeeze unless you are really sure the SB is trapping.The aggressive player has a wide range, and the SB knows that so his range is reduced as well.99 is about at the bottom of a reraising range here in most situations, however, the way this hand is set up, I'm reraising here much lighter a lot.