2 Girls, 1 Stuck (fr) (5/10)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i just noticed somethingour flop bet is pretty small, just under half the pot. is this to intice a raise from CO? And he decides to call and BB C/R's. this is actually quite a pickle we've gotten into here.
I had noticed that as well.It's hard to judge it in a vaccuum becuase we don't know how people are typically reacting to it. If he has good balance, it allows him to pick up pots more cheaply with c-bets on dry boards.I think the thing that matters more is that he says the BB is a good thinking player who probably respects his game.
I had noticed that as well.It's hard to judge it in a vaccuum becuase we don't know how people are typically reacting to it. If he has good balance, it allows him to pick up pots more cheaply with c-bets on dry boards.I think the thing that matters more is that he says the BB is a good thinking player who probably respects his game.
i think the bolded is the most important part of this handnow i like to mix up my c-bet size based on dryness, protection, position, players etc etc. now i absolutely love cobalts bet size here if you change the J to a Q. the more i look at i without a doubt think this could also be AJs as well as a set probably 25/75 ish (dunno just thowing that out there). this is a very tricky hand but i think it plays sooooooooooo much easier if we lead flop for 75-80%
yeah i saw that in the other thread, i'm starting to wonder if it's a potential leak
It's hard to judge it in a vaccuum becuase we don't know how people are typically reacting to it. If he has good balance, it allows him to pick up pots more cheaply with c-bets on dry boards.
Betting larger amounts on dry boards isn't really a default part of my game. Since I like to play a bit looser and c-bet frequently, I'd prefer to get away betting the least amount that I can to accomplish my goal of picking up the pot. Additionally, betting these smaller amounts allows me a lot more maneuvering post-flop. Now on a more draw-heavy flop or against more opponents, I may pop it more in the 75-80% range. And certainly against specific opponents or stack sizes, I'll get up higher.
because you have no idea where you are and no game plan for future streets.you going to c/c your way to showdown?
so you're advocating a raise for info?PS. Matt I love the AV. Upset of the millenium one time.I think its a fold.

The set is definitely possible, but if we just simplify things for a second,BB check raised, he could easily have A J and could be trying to pick off a continuation bet. Just because hes a competent thinker we have no information on his hand range.If hes a good player, Id like to think he would lead into the raiser with a set.

PS. Matt I love the AV. Upset of the millenium one time.
This was my avatar for most of the first 10 weeks or so of the season when Naismith had a Bucs avatar and TSkillz had his BDawk Eagles avatar.Hooray for last man standing.Pats fans can go to hell :club:
Ummm already live in New England.... isnt' that punishment enough?
No. Not unless the Pats lose the Super Bowl will living in New England be a true punishment.

The player in the middle is likely to call, and the villain knows this. So I think it's less likely that he's semi-bluffing with a straight draw and a three flush, for instance. I think we're beat. Dump it.

yeah i saw that in the other thread, i'm starting to wonder if it's a potential leak
Cobalt already responded, but feeling you have to c-bet 2/3 or 3/4 the pot every time to me is making it too easy all too often to let hands you're dominating off the hook when firing 2/3 or 3/4 the pot. At least in HU pots or pots like this where there are two callers, yet the board is ultra dry and he's holding an overpair.
Cobalt already responded, but feeling you have to c-bet 2/3 or 3/4 the pot every time to me is making it too easy all too often to let hands you're dominating off the hook when firing 2/3 or 3/4 the pot. At least in HU pots or pots like this where there are two callers, yet the board is ultra dry and he's holding an overpair.
how bout when i'm not domintating and get folds when i shouldn't be? it works both ways. and my c bets vary from 50-80% typically. i just think in this hand i would definitely bet more. if villian did this with AJ then he is getting some of the best NL strategists to fold here.
how bout when i'm not domintating and get folds when i shouldn't be? it works both ways. and my c bets vary from 50-80% typically. i just think in this hand i would definitely bet more. if villian did this with AJ then he is getting some of the best NL strategists to fold here.
Well it's going to be situational. Some sessions I am making larger c-bets to get folds I wouldn't with a 1/2 pot sized bet. It depends on numerous factors, your opponent, position, table chemistry, your image, hands you've shown down, etc etc. I guess I was isolating the comment, not necessarily saying betting 2/3 or 3/4 in this position would have been bad because in this situation I would. But in general I've abondoned feeling like betting 2/3 or 3/4 the pot on any street is weak as making this adjustment has yielded a higher hourly rate and I'm getting called down by a lot of hands I have smoked when I'm reading people well. If you know your opponent or can put them on a legitimate range that you have beat, then there's no problem giving them slightly better odds to hang themselves.
I do have results. I may hold off for just a bit longer before revealing.
Tease.
The player in the middle is likely to call, and the villain knows this. So I think it's less likely that he's semi-bluffing with a straight draw and a three flush, for instance. I think we're beat. Dump it.
This I think is key to the hand. If we were heads up, this could be the straight draw or some type of bluff, but with the other player already calling and having the image he has, a good thinking player has to know this guy isn't folding. Thus this is most likely a value bet, and really that is either AJ or a set (or possibly two pair), and it is weighted heavily in the direction of set. So I agree with a fold (in theory; in practice, folding queens as an overpair is not something I am good enough to do).
I think the smallish raise is more for information, than for strength. He cant c/c the flop with AJ here. I think this is the only way he plays AJ. factor that in with the idiot C/O and this board, if I had a set here, I raise more. probably to like 325.
I think check-raising a strong hand with a Loose donkey and an EP raiser behind makes much more sense than doing it with AJ. I'd also be much more inclined to play a small pair here if I was in the BB than a hand like AJ. For a small pair this is a lovely spot to see a flop, he is either going to lose a small pot or win a big one and he has wonderful implied odds.AJ is a lot more difficult to play, you are basically looking for two pair since you will be OOP and have no way to know if your ace or jack are good.If he has played with Cobalt, he will realize Cobalt is not going to bet into this flop with a hand that AJ beats, because there is no way Cobalt is going to make a C-bet here with two people behind and air.
If he has played with Cobalt, he will realize Cobalt is not going to bet into this flop with a hand that AJ beats, because there is no way Cobalt is going to make a C-bet here with two people behind and air.
This is a pretty good flop to c-bet. I'd expect Cobalt to at least occasionally c-bet with AK or 88 here.
Really? Why is that? How do we gain value from a Cbet here?
The idiot is just going to miss a lot with two unpaired cards. The thinking player is going to fold a lot of hands that can't beat a jack but do in fact beat Cobalt's.