OK...first off..I mean no harm to anyone. This is a discussion thread so I plead ignorant here.Can someone explain Mormons a bit to me? I work with one but he gets real defensive when I ask too many questions.What I "think" I know about them is this:J. Smith was born of a Catholic and a Protestant and didn't really like either. Soooo... one day he made a claim that God spoke to him and told him to start this new sect. He claimed to have found some ancient tablets in New York somewhere but never showed them to anyone. Am I getting close?All i keep thinking is the part in the Bible that talks about following a false prophet and how you should not "add anything or take anything away from this Bible". Seems to me that is what mormons do.Anyone?Again...please don't dog-pile me... just asking.

Which is why you, being a christian, singling out mormons for their beliefs, is a bit like someone throwing stones in a glass house.
LOL... again a very insightful post from someone orating from their anus. Please refer to the original post where I stated.."I'm ignorant (meaning without knowledge) and am just inquiring""singling out mormons for their beliefs, is a bit like someone throwing stones in a glass house." <-- never happenedI think the bus is here... time for school!Also..if you can't stay on topic and add anything to the thread...just pass on to the next.
All i keep thinking is the part in the Bible that talks about following a false prophet and how you should not "add anything or take anything away from this Bible". Seems to me that is what mormons do.
E.g.,
I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book.
The Book of Mormon is only considered added relative to a person's specific idea of what is complete. Couldn't the Jews argue that the Christians added the whole New Testament?

Yet again, a christian turns a debate into a personal attack. Love those christian morals.My point is that his religion shouldn't enter the political arena. Whether he is mormon, jewish, christian, or budhist shouldn't matter. All religious beliefs when viewed by an unbeliever seem batshitcrazy (tomcruise). As long as the candidate doesn't talk about bringing his religion into the government, which Romney has not, it should be a non-issue. If you truly just want to find out more about mormonism, google is a much better tool than an online poker forum.

E.g., The Book of Mormon is only considered added relative to a person's specific idea of what is complete. Couldn't the Jews argue that the Christians added the whole New Testament?
Very nice... very insightful. You make a great point. Again.... I am not attacking Mormons... I am seeking knowledge of something I don't understand but I really like your take on the New Testament thing.If it helps to understand my stance, I am a Disciple of Christ and do not offiliate with any sect of Christianity. It is because of this that I am able to accept others beliefs and views also. We don't "throw stones"... only seek knowledge.Again...thanks for your post...very nice.
Yet again, a christian turns a debate into a personal attack. Love those christian morals.My point is that his religion shouldn't enter the political arena. Whether he is mormon, jewish, christian, or budhist shouldn't matter. All religious beliefs when viewed by an unbeliever seem batshitcrazy (tomcruise). As long as the candidate doesn't talk about bringing his religion into the government, which Romney has not, it should be a non-issue. If you truly just want to find out more about mormonism, google is a much better tool than an online poker forum.
And perhaps your point would best fit on a thread that is talking about that.... I merely asked someone to explain Mormonism. I don't see any Christians making personal attacks here... only a lost and confused person trying to pick a fight for no reason.
All i keep thinking is the part in the Bible that talks about following a false prophet and how you should not "add anything or take anything away from this Bible". Seems to me that is what mormons do.
the bible didn't exist when the books it contains were written lol. you're misinterpreting or misremembering a passage.
http://www.amazon.com/God-Makers-Shocking-...s/dp/1565077172By Ed Decker? Will do...just ordered it on amazon. Thanks!
He wrote God Maker's II but the first one is all you need.The Mormon Murders is another good book that is a crime drama that opens the door to what the LDS scurch will do to keep their past hidden.When you are done, come back here and tell me what you most were shocked at.
the bible didn't exist when the books it contains were written lol. you're misinterpreting or misremembering a passage.
lol... I understand the Bible is in fact a book of books. And I'm not misinterpreting anything... here is what I was referring to:Rev: 22-18"If anyone adds anything to these words, God will add to that person the disaster written about in this book."
He wrote God Maker's II but the first one is all you need.The Mormon Murders is another good book that is a crime drama that opens the door to what the LDS scurch will do to keep their past hidden.When you are done, come back here and tell me what you most were shocked at.
LOL... will do. Book on order. I should have Hellmuths finished before this one arrives. Thanks!
lol... I understand the Bible is in fact a book of books. And I'm not misinterpreting anything... here is what I was referring to:Rev: 22-18"If anyone adds anything to these words, God will add to that person the disaster written about in this book."
you're obviously misinterpreting. whoever wrote the revelation of john was referring to his own apocalyptic prophecy, not the bible. the bible didn't exist.
you're obviously misinterpreting. whoever wrote the revelation of john was referring to his own apocalyptic prophecy, not the bible. the bible didn't exist.
OK..thanks for your input.
E.g., The Book of Mormon is only considered added relative to a person's specific idea of what is complete. Couldn't the Jews argue that the Christians added the whole New Testament?
Except the Book of Mormon contradicts left and right. That's a problem. It's like putting 2000 dollar rims on a 93 Corolla.
Lol. It existed, just not in the neat, put together form we have now. Why would Revelation be uncool to change but everything else is fair game?
Doesnt Paul warn about angels preaching new gospels in the first few chapters of galatians? And doesnt he call them accursed??Dont know who this moroni clown is but I dont think he is from God.
Yeah, that's a good reference.Chapter 1I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!
Doesnt Paul warn about angels preaching new gospels in the first few chapters of galatians? And doesnt he call them accursed??Dont know who this moroni clown is but I dont think he is from God.
Moroni was probably a devil. Either that or just Smiths imagination.
Lol. It existed, just not in the neat, put together form we have now. Why would Revelation be uncool to change but everything else is fair game?
I didn't feel like fighting that battle anymore... was off topic anyhoo.