Official Cincinnati Reds Thread

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh...Jeremy Affeldt is ALREADY out of the starting rotation....huh...go figure...boy, I really really really can't believe it.
Couple the facts that Affeldt sucks and some of the young guys are having a good spring (Cueto, Volquez), I think Affeldt and Fogg will both be gone before Opening Day.I think the 5 man rotation will be Harang, Arroyo, Belisle, Cueto, and Volquez. Bailey starts the season in AAA and hopefully can make it up to the bigs by June or so.I think Affeldt would have had 2 or 3 starts max in GABP before he got the hook anyway. Where have all the ground ball pitchers gone?

cincy has a nice little starting rotation shaping up. Power arms at the back end of the rotation is never a bad thing.I think Bruce goes down and plays every day, takes over the full time job late summer if the reds suck, or next year if they hang around a playoff spot.Bigger question is does Votto play everyday at first?

Go Reds.
Good man.
cincy has a nice little starting rotation shaping up. Power arms at the back end of the rotation is never a bad thing.I think Bruce goes down and plays every day, takes over the full time job late summer if the reds suck, or next year if they hang around a playoff spot.Bigger question is does Votto play everyday at first?
I think Patterson plays the majority of CF with Freel and Hopper filling in all 3 OF spots.If Bruce hits the ball the way he did last year in AAA they have no choice but to bring him up and play everyday. A stellar spring would have given him the Opening Day start.Votto definitely does not play everyday. In fact I think Dusty may lean a little more towards Hatteberg.AS far as the rotation, this is the first year in a long while there has been promise.Can't wait for the REAL Opening Day.
Good man.I think Patterson plays the majority of CF with Freel and Hopper filling in all 3 OF spots.If Bruce hits the ball the way he did last year in AAA they have no choice but to bring him up and play everyday. A stellar spring would have given him the Opening Day start.Votto definitely does not play everyday. In fact I think Dusty may lean a little more towards Hatteberg.AS far as the rotation, this is the first year in a long while there has been promise.Can't wait for the REAL Opening Day.
Heh...i was sitting down the third-base line at Exhibition Stadium in Toronto the year we opened about an hour before you guys, the first time in a brazillian years, or whatever, you didn't get to throw out the first pitch. 82 or 83, used to take the day off high school.Good times.
Heh...i was sitting down the third-base line at Exhibition Stadium in Toronto the year we opened about an hour before you guys, the first time in a brazillian years, or whatever, you didn't get to throw out the first pitch. 82 or 83, used to take the day off high school.Good times.
Yeah even since MLB whored out the official opener Cincinnati still celebrates Opening Day like a holiday. On a side note, I sat next to a guy from Toronto who was in town for business at a Reds game about 7 or 8 years ago. In 2 hours of conversation he could not grasp why Barry Larkin was so popular in Cincy. It was a painful experience really.
  • 2 weeks later...

How did this thread escape me until today? I've already been to 2 games in this short season. Go Redlegs!!!

Replacing Krivsky with Jocketty was inevitable, but I was very surprised at the timing. The only bright spots of this season so far have been players drafted and developed under Krivsky (Cueto, Votto) and acquisitions Krivsky made (Volquez, Patterson, Keppinger). The downafall so far has been weak bats. Not sure he had a whole lot to do with that. But Jocketty is certainly a quality baseball man.P.S. Bronson Arroyo can suck my left nut

Pattersons a bright spot? Inst he hurt and batting like 240?But yeah I agree that the timing was surprising. In the press conference they seemed to blame it on the 9-13 start or whatever, but really a 9-13 start isn't that bad considering its still early and that this team wasn't very good last year. They mays well have just fired Krivsky at the beginning of the season if they are gonna blame a 9-13 record on him being fired. Saying this I still think its a good move. Walt is a very good GM and Krivsky imo is probably a below average GM.Edit. Nevermind Pattersons batting 197/265/508 which is a terrible batting average but hes walking more and has shown very good power. Also with very good defense according to Rate.

• 4 weeks later...

I just read that Dusty tried to sac bunt with Adam Dunn before his walkoff HR. He should be fired on the spot. What a complete idiot........I feel sorry for those players. I'll say Dusty is gone in May of '10.

Dunn cant hit obv. Thats why they have him batting 7th. swDusty has actually done a better job then I thought he would. I would have expected Encarnacion to be on the bench after some of his struggles and He doesnt seem to be wearing out Volquez or Cueto with high pitch counts either. I was also happy at how much playing time Keppinger got at SS when he was healthy, instead of Baker going to Castro or having the Reds sign some like Neifi Perez for improved defense. Sucks that Patterson is still playing over Bruce and that their record isnt great but overall Dusty could be doing alot worse imo.

For a team that had won 6 in a row coming into LA, I have been surprised with how bad/clueless the Reds look defensively at times. They really have handed the Dodgers the first two games in the series.Also, Reds beat writer Hal McCoy is pretty ignorant for not knowing who Chad Billingsley is, and for writing his game story so that it makes it seem that the Reds should be ashamed of themselves for losing to him.

3 for 3 with 2 walks in his debut. Also a double and a steal. Im surprised there isnt more hype around here for Bruce compared to the hype for Kershaw.

• 2 weeks later...
time to sweep the fish again!!!! going sun/mon!
or not. You cant handle Cody Ross, you can only hope to contain him.