It's what Futurama is to the Simpsons.
I know that it's blasphemy to say this, but I actually like Futurama better than the Simpsons. Don't get me wrong...The Simpsons is a great show. I just really liked the variety/setting/characters of Futurama.And I have to agree about the American Dad characters...the only really compelling one is the dad.I feel like a lot of people probably missed one of the biggest references in this week's Family Guy - North by Northwest. They're definitely going out of their demographic on that one. =)
The simpsons sucks. God, I hate saying that, but they really do.
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Sadly I would have to agree with his statement. The last few seasons of the Simpsons just haven't been very good. I started a thread about their decline in the OT section a while back, and one poster made a good point saying that it seems they care more about getting celeberties on the show than actually putting out a good story line.

I'm sure nobody wants to hear this, but I can't wait to get flammed for sayin it, but I truly believe South Park is just as (if not funnier) than Family Guy. The reason I say this is simply because I think South Park episodes don't seem to wander off like the Simpsons/ Family Guy do. Like the whole Pinnochio thing... don't get me wrong it was hilarious, but random scenes like that in the Simpsons and the Family guy just make me less intrested in watching it.

I loved the look Stewie gave Brian after what he accidentally said about Tom Tucker's kid. Classic. I'm just glad the wife got home in time to record it. i forgot it was on.
Oh wow. I really LOLed. I forgot all about that."I think this whole situation got upside down face." ROFL
I'm sure nobody wants to hear this, but I can't wait to get flammed for sayin it, but I truly believe South Park is just as (if not funnier) than Family Guy. The reason I say this is simply because I think South Park episodes don't seem to wander off like the Simpsons/ Family Guy do. Like the whole Pinnochio thing... don't get me wrong it was hilarious, but random scenes like that in the Simpsons and the Family guy just make me less intrested in watching it.
I like southpark, but it relies way too much on profanity and vulgarity to outrank the simpsons and family guy in the comedy department. The simpsons is very witty with sometimes heartwrenching plots and usually a moral. Family guy has a ton of hilarious non sequitors and off the wall antics. South Park has some social commentary but mainly is just swearing.
I like southpark, but it relies way too much on profanity and vulgarity to outrank the simpsons and family guy in the comedy department. The simpsons is very witty with sometimes heartwrenching plots and usually a moral. Family guy has a ton of hilarious non sequitors and off the wall antics. South Park has some social commentary but mainly is just swearing.
I completely agree with you, but I think that South Park has a pretty solid theme everytime, usually so good you could just sum it up to someone and hear a laugh, while The Family Guy, and Simpsons (especially the Simpsons) rely on 1 liners way too much.I can only take so much "wit" before I wanna start throwing stuff at the TV

"I hope we don't end up on the evening news""hehe, you're funny""I don't have to listen to you, you're a dog!""What we are all forgetting is, anyone who doesn't wanna go to war is gay""hehehe look at all those hamburgers, you can't eat all those hamburgers, you stupid-"..."Oh he is gonna do it, oh he is so ridicoules, you hear me you-""do you want us to pull over?" "I don't care what you do" "oh we'll pull over, we'll pull over, pull over!"

i can see your point, but that is the exact reason i love family guy. i'm not watchin cartoons to see a good plot and interesting story lines. i am watching cartoons for a laugh, and thats exactly what i get with family guy. and i liked the part where chris put meg's hat down his pants and said "go get it"

Do you really think shows like South Park or Family Guy would have ever made it to TV without the success of The Simpsons? Perhaps, but The Simpsons did help pave the way...I find it impressive that soon The Simpsons will be the longest running sitcom in TV history, at 17 years.... who'd have ever thought it when the terrible animation of season 1 was out there?