Why Do They Get This Wrong?

no I don't get it? lol
Well I am here to help. I'm a giver.There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.You see, the 50/50 to win is pre cards dealt math. I am talking post all in math. Now had we done pre turn post re-pop math then we would have marginal fold equity allowing us to release all but 3rd nuts ( 2nd if there are any known oriental pros at the table)So I think I have cleared this up for you. In the future don't be afraid to ask for help, there are many excellant players on this site that can help. Just know that most of them are wrong 38% of the time. This should allow for you to make the play you were going to make anyway.
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This post = why poker is profitable.What we already know is that the real equation when the flop hits is A*Q - J(J) + sqrt(yellow). As you can see with only two cards to come you are no better than 60/40.Get it now?

What we already know is that the real equation when the flop hits is A*Q - J(J) + sqrt(yellow).
I think I just did that a little...FWIW, this is what the whole movie, "The Spanish Prisoner," was all about. In case you missed that somehow, boiled down, it's the same as the choice contestants used to face on Let's Make a Deal as to whether to switch to Door #3 after they both picked Door #1 and then Door #2 was opened to reveal a pink piggy bank with $3.47 in it. Just sayin', Balloon Guy, been there, done that, got the huggles from Monte Hall...
A HAbut what if you have gone 6 PPs without flopping a set, and so has your opponent.and you both have the SAME pocket pair!!!!1now whatPWNT!!
When you hit the set you declare a misdeal because there are five of that card in the deck. :club:
  • 1 year later...
I was mostly joking, and you had to bring in the trump card to keep me down.Now I must find a way to even the score.When you least expect it...expect it.
I bet he isn't expecting it now...

Great Bump

Well I am here to help. I'm a giver.There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.You see, the 50/50 to win is pre cards dealt math. I am talking post all in math. Now had we done pre turn post re-pop math then we would have marginal fold equity allowing us to release all but 3rd nuts ( 2nd if there are any known oriental pros at the table)So I think I have cleared this up for you. In the future don't be afraid to ask for help, there are many excellant players on this site that can help. Just know that most of them are wrong 38% of the time. This should allow for you to make the play you were going to make anyway.
This is the best and most truthful line in five pages
So you go all in pre flop with a pair of jacks and get called by AQ; coin flip right?It's very nearly 50-50So the odds are even moneyish, give or take a pointSo if the flop comes 5,2,9 rainbow, the odds are......ready for this?50/50 stillThe whole point of the 50/50 was that there are 5 cards to come, so until the 5th card has come, you are 50/50 the whole way.If they flipped over all 5 cards would you be less than 50/50? No, so what's the diff if there are short pauses between the turn and the river?You are welcome in advance for expanding your mind.next I will touch on why feel players are better than math players when it comes to picking up chicks.
Still waiting to debate you on this one BG.
Still waiting to debate you on this one BG.
Math player's line of thought:Okay, I'll invest 3 BBs into dinner, 2 BBs into a movie and 6 BBs into drinks. Then 10 BBs for a nice hotel room, so I'll need to invest 21 BBs, which is 4.5 hours of 4 tabling $3/$6 NL or $1/$2 PLO. Now I'm 75% to get a full roundabout. 30% for an asian Sling, and maybe 5% to catch the whale...Feel player:She looks hot, hope she lets me feel her.