Absolute PokerLimit Omaha Ring gameLimit: $2/$49 playersConverterPre-flop: (9 players) Hero is CO with :club::):D :D UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, 2 folds, Hero calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB checks.Flop: :icon_dance::D:) (5SB, 5 players)SB bets, BB folds, UTG+1 raises, MP1 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.Turn: :D (6.5BB, 4 players)SB checks, UTG+1 bets, MP1 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.River: :) (10.5BB, 4 players)SB checks, UTG+1 bets, MP1 folds, Hero calls, SB calls.Results:Final pot: 13.5BB

in hindsight I probably could have raised the turn and lead the river but I suck.

in hindsight I probably could have raised the turn and lead the river but I suck.
i am new to omaha h/l but i would have prob check raise turn, and bet the river. but like i said i am new.
It's not a bad play to just call at this point, although you are better off making them pay to draw for a better low. Only a straight has you beat and you can call off another bet if it gets 3 bet here and just C/C the river.Also if the just call, you get to valuetown the river.
you can raise the flop with a bet and raise to you already.
I like the flop re-raise. Punish the low draws since you have nut high and no low at this point, if UTG+1 caps he has a smaller set so beat the crap out of him.I don't mind a turn raise either. I don't think UTG+1 was raising the flop with a gutshot broadway draw, unless he had 4 perfect cards with low, straight and flush draws.
oh, and if you're hitting sets with aces in five player pots you should really be raising this hand preflop. i think you're giving up a ton by not doing so.
Agreed, this is not a hand strong enough to let people come in behind you with.
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm more of the ultra-aggressive type on the flop and turn here. Get those raises in.