2007 Fcp Poy Nominations Thread

Ok, since we have had an 'unofficial' FCP PoY the last two years based upon forum vote, it is a tradition now so we have to continue it. I was the '05 honoree, mainly because everyone else sucked, and last year Tommy (Chucksty) was voted "1 by you guys. He should be the one making this thread, but he never posts anymore, so I decided to pick up the slack. I must warn all nominees though, there is a curse involved. I had a marginal at best 2006 (UBOC was nice, but that was basically 2007), and I know Tommy hasn't enjoyed his reign as FCP PoY that much at all either. :)Before I make a poll thread, I figured I should make a nominations thread first so I didn't overlook anyone as options. I don't play nearly as much as a lot of you, or follow the online scene as closely as I once did, so I probably would have left at least one deserving nominee off the list.So, in this thread post your nominations and reasons why. Obviously my base list would include Jc, Whatarunaa, etc etc but feel free to 'officially' nominate them as well. Also, I would say Waco would be a slam dunk nominee and winner most likely, but he doesn't post that often on here really, so should he be considered? And before the occasional idiot posts this, DN does not qualify for obvious reasons (mainly he is too good and would win every year).No drama in this thread, and try to keep it from being de-railed until at least we have a good group of nominations set. :club:

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, since we have had an 'unofficial' FCP PoY the last two years based upon forum vote, it is a tradition now so we to continue it. I was the '05 honoree, mainly because everyone else sucked, and last year Tommy (Chucksty) was voted "1 by you guys. He should be the one making this thread, but he never posts anymore, so I decided to pick up the slack. I must warn all nominees though, there is a curse involved. I had a marginal at best 2006 (UBOC was nice, but that was basically 2007), and I know Tommy hasn't enjoyed his reign as FCP PoY that much at all either. :)Before I made a poll thread, I figured I should make a nominations thread first so I didn't overlook anyone as options. I don't play nearly as much as a lot of you, or follow the online scene as closely as I once did, so I probably would have left at least one deserving nominee off the list.So, in this thread post your nominations and reasons why. Obviously my base list would include Jc, Whatarunaa, etc etc but feel free to 'officially' nominate them as well. Also, I would say Waco would be a slam dunk nominee and winner most likely, but he doesn't post that often on here really, so should he be considered? And before the occasional idiot posts this, DN does not qualify for obvious reasons (mainly he is too good and would win every year).No drama in this thread, and try to keep it from being de-railed until at least we have a good group of nominations set. :club:
whatarunna /thread
whatarunna /thread
You have to look at the whole year, and not ignore the live tournaments that JC has done well in. Not to diminish Whatarunaa's year, but doesn't this deserve consideration (also missing the 40k+ he took down in one of the PCA side tournaments last year):TOURNAMENT/EVENTDATEPLACEWINNINGS2007 CEO Poker Tour No-Limit Hold'em Championship Event 8 07/10/2007 $25,155.002007 38th Annual World Series of Poker Event 35 - No-Limit Hold'em 06/23/2007 $14,215.002007 38th Annual World Series of Poker Event 30 - No-Limit Hold'em - Six Handed 06/20/2007 $3,507.002007 Mandalay Bay Poker Championship No-Limit Hold'em Championship Event 5 06/02/2007 $43,720.002007 5th Annual Five-Star World Poker Classic No-Limit Hold'em Event 3 04/10/2007 $9,330.002007 World Poker Challenge (WPT) No-Limit Hold'em Championship Event 17 03/28/2007 $366,798.002007 L.A. Poker Classic (WPT) No-Limit Hold'em Championship Event 30 03/01/2007 $72,140.002007 L.A. Poker Classic (WPT) No-Limit Hold'em Event 19 02/13/2007 $108,275.00EDIT: blah, let me format that

i think it would be awesome to see the nominees accomplishments over the entire year once the final list is compiled. For me, judging a year's worth of accomplishments is like judging a round boxing match. Sometimes you only remember the couple of big punches later in the round. JC has certainly had an incredible year.

i think it would be awesome to see the nominees accomplishments over the entire year once the final list is compiled. For me, judging a year's worth of accomplishments is like judging a round boxing match. Sometimes you only remember the couple of big punches later in the round. JC has certainly had an incredible year.
Heh, funny, JC was annoyed last year he didn't win, but it was because most of his big online scores in 2006 were towards the earlier part of the year, and people tend to forget about those. (that and Tommy had a great year) He obv needs to be better from Sept-Dec. :club:

JC had an awesome year. I'd like to nominate Josh (Gilbertology/jpo123) for taking down FTOP III event #1 this year.(oh, and for that incredible Wii boxing)edit: he's 'jpo123' on FullTilt

maybe an online POY and live POY?
Nope, this has been discussed before, and most of the posters here play both live and online. For instance, 2 years ago I had a good online year, and I FT'd the Aruba WPT so that helped my cause. Anyone that would be considered for the list will be someone that played both most likely. JC still plays tournaments online, and plays a ton of cash games, so he is def a hybrid.

I don't think WacoKid deserves to be included because i don't think i've ever seen him post before.

Vick12 (Adam) had a good year with his 2nd in the FTP Sunday, and he just took down a live tournament at the Venetian before the New Year.Looshle, Hoosier, Jordan, etc have to be considered due to their overall play (cash - tournaments - multiple games etc).

Jared has posted here but not enough to qualify as an FCPer in my mind. I think you have the two front runners in WhatA and PartyP. Not sure I could chose between them. Co-POY ftw.

S'gotta be JC if we're putting emphasis on tournies.That said, I know some of y'all don't get over to strat much, but Roberts is absolutely killing HU NL these days to the tune of like $60k per month.

Like Cobalt said, I can't imagine anyone has banked more this year than Roberts, but its hard to tell playing HU that high. I'd vote for JC over TJ because I think he has been more consistant all year.But I'm going to vote for Roberts unless he comes in and says that his year wasn't as good as it looks like from his posts. (I don't know him personally so I really have no idea)Mark

S'gotta be JC if we're putting emphasis on tournies.That said, I know some of y'all don't get over to strat much, but Roberts is absolutely killing HU NL these days to the tune of like $60k per month.
Def someone I would have missed, tyty.
That's veeeeerrry impressive. Maybe we should have an online POY, a live POY, and a cash game POY that way everyone wins :club:

Then we can have a POY for Most Improved too, there's at least 5 that I can think of (Grinder, NNB, Gibler, DDG, TJ)

i think that roberts probably had the best overall cash year of anyone on the forum, and that JC probably had the best tourney year, with TJ just slightly behind.but i probably vote roberts in the end. he's had one of the sickest years i've ever seen.

Then we can have a POY for Most Improved too, there's at least 5 that I can think of (Grinder, NNB, Gibler, DDG, TJ)
Most Improved awards are insulting often.
Most Improved awards are insulting often.
how? You might be thinking of like...the comeback award?