Help, I Think I Played This Awful

***Edit: This is 2/4 (not 1/2) as the title says. I can't figure out how to chance the title.Fairly new to table. No real reads on oppenents. I will take any advise/critizism (please be gentle). Thanks.Full Tilt 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)Preflop: Hero is CO with js.gif, td.gif. 1 fold, Hero raises, Button 3-bets, 1 fold, BB calls, Hero calls.Flop: (9.50 SB) th.gif, kc.gif, 2s.gif(4 players)BB checks, Hero checks, Button bets, BB calls, Hero calls.Turn: (6.25 BB) ts.gif(4 players)BB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.River: (6.25 BB) 9d.gif(4 players)BB bets, Hero raises, Button 3-bets, BB calls, Hero calls.Final Pot: 15.25 BBI checked the turn anticipating the button to bet again (and the BB to call and me to raise)... I hate that he checked. Should I have lead the turn?

Yeah, I hear you... I am trying really hard not to be results orientated as well. The more I think about it, I think a check raise on the turn is perfect (provided that the button bets) because my hand is hidden so well. Its pretty obvious (based on my post's title) that I lost this particular hand, I guess I am just wondering if I played it wrong or if varience just got the best of me but my play was correct. Thanks for your thoughts.

Hmm... tricky hand. Flop action looks OK. Perhaps bet out on the turn? The flop bet after two checks comes off as a continuation bet from the preflop aggression, rather than a value bet with tp or top set. Villain's preflop aggression and the continuation bet here helps him represent a connection with the K on the flop, whether or not villain's holding a K or KK.Perhaps... bet the turn, and if villain or BB raises the turn, call then c/c the river and make villain show down a better hand?

I think you played the hand perfectly tbh.It sucks that no one bet the turn, but i do think c/r was the right play.

There wasnt much else you could do in this hand. I think c/r the flop would have been a bit of spew and you obviously want to go for the turn c/r. Unlucky if he rivered a boat or straight

OK, well that makes me feel better. The river was a 9 of heats... BB checked, I bet, button raised, BB fold, I called. Button flipped pocket nines for the rivered set. I puked a lit bit (but thankfully caught it in my mouth), immidaetly signed in to FCP to post this, and tried not to tilt.Thanks for the comments.

I say lead the turn instead of c/r because it gives him chance to raise and help you define the hand. If he does raise turn go for c/c on river. If you go for c/r and are 3 bet on turn and are behind you lose that extra bet on the hand. You are either way ahead or way behind on turn. A turn bet helps to better define the hand for river decision.

I say lead the turn instead of c/r because it gives him chance to raise and help you define the hand. If he does raise turn go for c/c on river. If you go for c/r and are 3 bet on turn and are behind you lose that extra bet on the hand. You are either way ahead or way behind on turn. A turn bet helps to better define the hand for river decision.
fwiw, i don't think we need to define our hand.tough hand. i think i probably play it the same, although i might consider folding to the overcall. meh 11:1 you have to. yeah, i play the same.
  • 4 weeks later...

Your only mistake here I think is not betting out on the flop to find out where you were.While this "move" is pretty much a farce in NL, as you can find out where you are on the turn or river without needingto bet the flop, I believe it has some merit.Note I have switched from playing Limit professionally to NL cash, due to Crown Poker Room dropping a lot of its limitgames, and that happened a long time ago, so I am a bit rusty.

I would consider donking the turn, but sometimes I check it (I think it's a mistake depending on the board)..

Your only mistake here I think is not betting out on the flop to find out where you were.While this "move" is pretty much a farce in NL, as you can find out where you are on the turn or river without needingto bet the flop, I believe it has some merit.
Nope.Betting or raising to "find out where you are" is a massive spew and leak.We bet or raise for value, protection, isolation, fold equity, etc. Not to find out where we're at.
Nope.Betting or raising to "find out where you are" is a massive spew and leak.We bet or raise for value, protection, isolation, fold equity, etc. Not to find out where we're at.
hmm maybe this is my problem :club:
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...