Daniel's Back Problem

Ok after reading Daniel's blogs I can't stand it anymore. Daniel your just messing your back up even more. My dad has been a physical therapist for over 20 years and had a back clinic for 10 years, so I think I have some cred on the topic. First he says chiropractors are a joke. They are just a quick fix that only makes it worse in the long run. Second if you are having back spasms you should use ice if not use heat. There are multiple exercises you can do to help your back. I'm pretty sure he has presentations via powerpoint. If your interested just email me and I can send you the right exercises you need to do.

Ok after reading Daniel's blogs I can't stand it anymore. Daniel your just messing your back up even more. My dad has been a physical therapist for over 20 years and had a back clinic for 10 years, so I think I have some cred on the topic. First he says chiropractors are a joke. They are just a quick fix that only makes it worse in the long run. Second if you are having back spasms you should use ice if not use heat. There are multiple exercises you can do to help your back. I'm pretty sure he has presentations via powerpoint. If your interested just email me and I can send you the right exercises you need to do.
You are right on the money my friend...chiropractors spend most of their education learning how to milk their customers. Physiotherapists are the ones that help. I have been there and done that. Daniel needs an osteopath or a physical therapist who will help him..not a chiro who will bleed him.
LOL! There are so many opinions on this subject. There is no RIGHT or WRONG answer. Both physical therapists and chiropractors could help. However, chiropractors are not a joke. Have you ever actually ever visited one to have first hand knowledge??? They have certainly helped me a time or two. Amazingly! And, the heat increases inflammation. That's why ice is recommended. Your saying that a chiropractor is a joke decreases your credibility tremendously. And, Google is a great resource for finding exercises if they are needed.
Sniper, I'm not sure what makes you think that Chiros are a joke. Different medicine for different folks. The body will normally heal itself if left to it's own devices(not all the time of course), but I do thank Chiro's for getting rid of my migranies when the OD's wanted to start the brain scans. Waste of money and I haven't had a Migraine in 15 years. As someone that plays a ton online and live, when my back is out and I don't want to miss an event, my friendly doctor is only going to give me happy pills, my chiro will do everything he can to release the spasm for me and get me back in play..

Im no expert so I dont know anything about what works or doesnt work, but I spent most of my junior year in basketball with a lot of lower back pain, and when I started doing certain back exercises my problem did go away. So my personal experience is that I would talk to somebody who actually knows medically what they are talking about and see if they can find you some exercises to strengthen your back.

Guys I don't have ANY lower back pain at all. It's got nothing to do with my back really at all. I ripped a muscle from overswinging, plain and simple. Now the muscles are contracting to make room for a scab to form and heal the wound. In the meantime, I keep being an idiot and ripping it again and again by hitting more balls. No golf for a week and I think I'll be fine.

O thats good its not too serious an injury, but I could only imagine trying to take time off to get it healed. If I had a golf simulator to play Pebble Beach I would probably be on it all day. GL though with a quick recovery to get you back to your toy.

Sniper, I'm not sure what makes you think that Chiros are a joke. Different medicine for different folks. The body will normally heal itself if left to it's own devices(not all the time of course), but I do thank Chiro's for getting rid of my migranies when the OD's wanted to start the brain scans. Waste of money and I haven't had a Migraine in 15 years. As someone that plays a ton online and live, when my back is out and I don't want to miss an event, my friendly doctor is only going to give me happy pills, my chiro will do everything he can to release the spasm for me and get me back in play..
First of all...I think Daniel is a big boy and capable of finding the appropriate treatment. This being said, chiros...you go back to again and again and again ad nauseum...physiotherapists...they find the problem..treat it and give you exercises to avoid the problem..once and for all...you got the bucks..make the chiros rich...I really dont care :-)
Nothing a good double double wouldn't fix
In-and Out FTW! :club:
Guys I don't have ANY lower back pain at all. It's got nothing to do with my back really at all. I ripped a muscle from overswinging, plain and simple. Now the muscles are contracting to make room for a scab to form and heal the wound. In the meantime, I keep being an idiot and ripping it again and again by hitting more balls. No golf for a week and I think I'll be fine.
Like telling a kid no cake on his birthday. So cruel. Hate to say we told ya so...lol.Hope ya feel better soon.

I think we all can agree that his back will only get better if he sees a geologist. My dad was a geologist for 20 years, which means because of that I have a degree in geology too! My professional opinion is that he needs to pick up big rocks and try to throw them 20 yards. <-- jokeEven though your heart is good, sniper, (congrats for caring) he could prob buy a new back if he wanted to, or see a professial. lol, looks like we were all wrong and its just a tear. So we hope you get better soon Daniel, I personally want to see more extreme golf betting. keep it up, PGA soon right?