Weird Spot, Final Table Of $77 6-max

So this hand was from a few nights ago, and I've talked to a few strong players about it, but I'm still puzzed as to whether I played it ok or not. Villains were not at my tables prior to the ft and this is early so I don't have any real reads, but I assume they're both competent.Thoughts on all streets please.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t3000 (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)MP (t160338)CO (t259828)Button (t98937)SB (t74250)Hero (t162687)UTG (t128960)Preflop: Hero is BB with A :D , J :D . 1 fold, MP raises to t7777, 1 fold, Button calls t7777, 1 fold, Hero calls t4777.Flop: (t21831) A :club: , 4 :) , Q :D(3 players)Hero checks, MP bets t12000, Button calls t12000, Hero raises to t36000, MP calls t24000, Button folds.Turn: (t105831) 8 :D(2 players)Hero checks, MP2 bets t45000, Hero folds.Final Pot: t105831

I don't like the flop call at all. I know you are getting like 3 to 1 on a call..but you still have a trouble hand, not suited, against 2 players, and you have to play the rest of the hand out of position. I also hate the flop call because even if you hit your pair (like you did), you are going to be dominated a lot...and it will probably cost you lots of money to find that out, since it will be hard to lay down top pair. Why did you raise on the flop? After a bet and a call of 12000 from the button, I'm just calling here to see a safe card. Why? Because the raise doesn't really do anything: Villain calls a raise of 24000 into a pot of about 82000 on the flop, giving him about 3.5 to 1. If he's on a flush draw then you're raise did not price him out. I would raise to about 65000 instead, which makes him call 53000 into a pot of 111000 (about 2 to 1), pricing him out of a flush draw. Your check-fold on the turn was smart. He had you crushed.

Preflop is meh..I think I like a squeeze play here but people seem to play back at these a lot, so I'm not sure...Stacks are deep and people raise preflop pretty light in these 6 max tourneys, so I think your ahead of each Villain's range to make this a profitable play..If I did squeeze, I'd make it 25-30KIf you flat preflop, I like a C/R line but it's gotta be more..The pot is at 48K when it comes back to you, so I would make my raise to about 50KAs played, c/f the turn is fine..Flush draw that caught up, sets, and 2 pairs make up the bulk of his range at that point

Preflop is meh..I think I like a squeeze play here but people seem to play back at these a lot, so I'm not sure...
Agreed. 6max, you probably have the best hand here. I probably make it like 28-32Kish

I raise preflop to about 32K to try to take it down pre and lead the flop if I get a caller. If villain calls our flop bet, I think that check/folding makes sense based on the turn card three flushing the boardAs played, I like check/raising the flop to 48K since both players are still in the hand - and I check/fold turn if the c/r didn't shake them again due to the flush draw hitting on the turn.

I raise preflop to about 32K to try to take it down pre and lead the flop if I get a caller. If villain calls our flop bet, I think that check/folding makes sense based on the turn card three flushing the boardAs played, I like check/raising the flop to 48K since both players are still in the hand - and I check/fold turn if the c/r didn't shake them again due to the flush draw hitting on the turn.
agree with all of this. ty

yeah I probably reraise preflop, and I think if he has you beat on the flop he is coming over the top of you, so it's pretty pointless to c/r the flop and c/f the turn. If youre gonna c/r, then bet the turn. Or just call flop if you're not sure where you stand

I likely just check/call the flop for pot control purposes. I hate getting into huge pots in marginal situations oop. As mentioned previoulsy, I would have preferred to re raise preflop and take it down there. The reason I don't like C/Ring the flop is because your risking a huge portion of your stack in WA/WB spot. If he calls, it makes the turn and river pretty awkward, and you still don't have much of an idea of where you stand.

squeeze preas played, lead flop..i dont like check raising here at all..i think lead > call > fold > raise
Why? I think donk bets get played back at a lot by air ..Not trying to be a jerk, but could you go deeper why you like that line?

I think checking will get u into a lot of wierd spots. You will not have a great idea where you are at and could lose a big pot. If you bet out, noone is really going to bluff you on a 3way AJx flop unless they have a flush draw. I just do not think there is any reason to get into a messed up situation.reasons u like checking?

I think checking will get u into a lot of wierd spots. You will not have a great idea where you are at and could lose a big pot. If you bet out, noone is really going to bluff you on a 3way AJx flop unless they have a flush draw. I just do not think there is any reason to get into a messed up situation.reasons u like checking?
I just don't donk bet a lot, I think its weak and if I get raised, I feel like I'm folding the best here a decent amount of the time and put in a really crappy situation..I like checking w/ the intention of C/R'ing because if it goes Bet/raise, I can fold almost knowingly I'm behind..I dunno, it's a strange spot but I think the hand plays out a lot more easily if we squeeze preflop..I think that was the main mistake

my thinking while in the hand was that o.r. can basically never call or raise a flop c/r from me without a hand that has me crushed. so my plan was to shut down to any further action.i still am not a huge fan of squeezing pre b/c it seems like a good way to end up putting in a lot of money bad while letting all worse hands off cheaply... i mean, yeah playing the rest of the hand oop sucks, but if i squeeze and get a caller or two the pot is then huge and i prob can't get away if i hit so idk.......how do people feel about folding pre? a few good players lol'ed at the thought but i seriously considered it, and like, in a cash game i'm folding AJ from the blinds vs ~ep raises.