I'd like to second the drug point that was made. All the NEW drug development of drugs happens here in the US by companies like Abbott Labs and Merck. Canada is selling cheap versions of drugs with expired patents thats all.
yes we also sell europe expired milk and eggs gone bad
you have a reference for that. Just curious
  • Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"i'm in calgary too, but the difference is that not all of our homicides are gun-related. and the fact that when there is even a single gun related homicide, the entire city knows about it and it is talked about for days. people in the states don't even hear about half of their gun homicides."Let me get this straight - So your saying that a non-gun related murder is not as bad as a murder with a gun?And please the US is a huge contry with many different people and places please don't catorise us all at once.
i'm saying that you can't have a gun-related death without a gun. there will always be people killing other people. stabbing, beating, etc. but a gun related death could be prevented WITHOUT THE GUN. and i think the word you're looking for is categorize. and by the way, how in the hell did i do that? in canada a gun-related death will, 90% of the time, make the national news. you think thats the case in the states? i know the size is completely different but in proportion to the number of citizens vs. the number of gun deaths each year, the "the US is so much bigger so of course we have more gun deaths" argument is ridiculous and irrelevant.
You did that by saying "people in the states don't even hear about half of their gun homicides." That is way to broad of a statement. I live in Indianapolis a city similar in size to Calgary and we hear about every murder gun related or not. I would say it is like that in the majority of the US. I never made any argument about "the US is so much bigger so of course we have more gun deaths" Where did you get that?Saying that a particular murder can be prevented if there is no gun present is ridiculous.And save the english lesson, it just makes you look condescending. Did I spell that correctly? BTW in America we capitalize our "I"s.
so whats gonna happen then? drive by rock throwing? attempted verbal assault? "man shot down with vicious insults"i happen to love my neighbors to the south. not even going to comment on that "mexico north" comment because it is petty and i know most don't feel that way, but cmon. your superiority complex over the rest of the world is just a way of getting your rocks off, and guns fit right into that image you have in your head of "duty" or "right" to hold whatever can cause mass amounts of death on other people. and to be honest, its damn scary.
Canada Population in 2004Population: 32,507,874 Texas Population in 200422,490,022Your whole damn nation has only 10,000,000 more people than Texas, so I'm sorry if your numbers of gun related crimes mean 2 things to me, jack and censored
Statistics are computed proportionnally jackass
I was refering to this quote
i'm in calgary too, but the difference is that not all of our homicides are gun-related. in 2002 for the entire year there were 15 total, and there was a TOTAL of 98 hand-gun related homicides and 149 total firearm homicides IN ALL OF CANADA. and the fact that when there is even a single gun related homicide, the entire city knows about it and it is talked about for days. people in the states don't even hear about half of their gun homicides. now tell me the gun laws we have here aren't more effective, that in a nation of hunters it isn't the people who die.
okay and then how many gun-related deaths in texas in 2004? well, i can tell you in 2002 there were 222.........for children under 19 years old ( http://www.kidsandguns.org/study/states_de...eaths.asp?Texas )http://www.childrensdefense.org/education/...report_2004.pdflook at these pages and tell me guns are good."More children and teens died fromgunfire than from cancer, pneumonia,and influenza combined."
72 of which were from suicide which would happen one way or another, razor blade or whatnot.Leaving 147 which would be accidental or homocide. As stated earlier some crimes would be criminals killing criminals. Only having 7 accidental deaths in a state which has conceal/carry laws and a state which a majority of the population is pro gun, not bad at all
The difference is, there's always a vested interest, other than the so called "American Security" for your country to loan money or invade another country, namely oil.
Ok, keep thinking that. When natural disaster hit, famin, disease the world looks one place and one place only for aide and money....the US. Even when we do, we get slammed for not doing more. We can't win, we develop the technology and you guys ride on our coat tails using it as your own and then you tell us we are the bad guys. You are protected by us and again you won't even lend a hand in redeveloping a country ravaged by a rutheless dictator for years. Really, burry you head in the sand further, you have so many reasons to thank the United States yet all you do is whine how you are so much better but if we didn't give you half of what you've got.....you'd be just another 3rd world nation.
wow ignorant. who said that we wanted to live under an umbrella of military might. see, people like yourself are the chest-banging grunting kinda people who get off on knowing that they have a military that can bomb the crap out of anyone whenever they bloody well feel like it. personally, i'd just rather not have the need to bomb the crap out of everyone. and you know what? if you weren't there to "protect us", i think we'd still be okay. i don't think we're on the verge of being invaded. you can't claim to be the strongest in the world and then be pissed off when others "benefit" from your strength.
The difference is, there's always a vested interest, other than the so called "American Security" for your country to loan money or invade another country, namely oil.
You sir have a fine understanding of the oil industry! :roll:
i'd just rather not have the need to bomb the crap out of everyone. and you know what? if you weren't there to "protect us"' date=' i think we'd still be okay. [/quote']Thats what not taking risk and not doing anythnig for the rest of the world gets ya...see the head buried in sand comment
Canada Population in 2004Population: 32,507,874 Texas Population in 200422,490,022Your whole damn nation has only 10,000,000 more people than Texas, so I'm sorry if your numbers of gun related crimes mean 2 things to me, jack and censored
Statistics are computed proportionnally jackass
I was refering to this quote
i'm in calgary too, but the difference is that not all of our homicides are gun-related. in 2002 for the entire year there were 15 total, and there was a TOTAL of 98 hand-gun related homicides and 149 total firearm homicides IN ALL OF CANADA. and the fact that when there is even a single gun related homicide, the entire city knows about it and it is talked about for days. people in the states don't even hear about half of their gun homicides. now tell me the gun laws we have here aren't more effective, that in a nation of hunters it isn't the people who die.
okay and then how many gun-related deaths in texas in 2004? well, i can tell you in 2002 there were 222.........for children under 19 years old ( http://www.kidsandguns.org/study/states_de...eaths.asp?Texas )http://www.childrensdefense.org/education/...report_2004.pdflook at these pages and tell me guns are good."More children and teens died fromgunfire than from cancer, pneumonia,and influenza combined."
72 of which were from suicide which would happen one way or another, razor blade or whatnot.Leaving 147 which would be accidental or homocide. As stated earlier some crimes would be criminals killing criminals. Only having 7 accidental deaths in a state which has conceal/carry laws and a state which a majority of the population is pro gun, not bad at all
yes be very proud that almost the same number of children died in one state as people died in our entire country. i guess mediocrity is just part of the game plan with the former govenor/current president that resides there. and if that number only grows like 5 or 6% a year, well, thats not very much right? all fair in the god given right to bear firearms.
i'd just rather not have the need to bomb the crap out of everyone. and you know what? if you weren't there to "protect us"' date=' i think we'd still be okay. [/quote']Thats what not taking risk and not doing anythnig for the rest of the world gets ya...see the head buried in sand comment
lol yes you're doing so much for the rest of the world. kissing up to the saudi's for oil. destroying the infastructure of iraq with no viable plan to rebuild it. capturing osama bin laden. and increasing the gap between the west and the middle east. if we need your protection at all, its because you pissed off enough people that they'll attack anything within your hemisphere.
Does wayne brady have to choke a B!tch :shock:
Yeah, what's all this talk about the wayne brady bill? when did that guy get shot?But seriously, I have to ask this AGAIN:HAS ANY SINGLE PERSON ON THIS FORUM EVER HAD TO DEFEND HIMSELF WITH A GUN?? (I'm not talking about stats; have YOU ever had to?)Assuming (hoping) not, let me as this: has anyone ever KNOWN anyone who has had to defend himself (against a 'criminal', mind you) with a gun? (I'm talking about "success" stories here; it doesn't quite count if your friend got SHOT and killed because he pulled a gun on a mugger, right? That would kind of go AGAINST your argument.)Now, if no one can answer yes to eithe of these quetions, I think we have to look at the REAL problem with American: (not, it's not laziness) PARANOIA.Please respond if you're among the people who seem to feel unsafe without a gun.
wow ignorant. who said that we wanted to live under an umbrella of military might. see' date=' people like yourself are the chest-banging grunting kinda people who get off on knowing that they have a military that can bomb the crap out of anyone whenever they bloody well feel like it. personally' date=' i'd just rather not have the need to bomb the crap out of everyone. and you know what? if you weren't there to "protect us", i think we'd still be okay. i don't think we're on the verge of being invaded. you can't claim to be the strongest in the world and then be censored off when others "benefit" from your strength.[/quote'']I don't really think what I said was ignorant. Its a fact. Just think for even a few minutes what the world would be like without Americas hegemony. Everyone just gets along fine, right. No more wars. No, the wars will be there but the bad guys will win. You can look at history or at the world today. World War II without US...N a z i (didn't know that one gets censored) controlled Europe. Cold War without US...Soviet controlled Europe. Balkans without US intervention...genocide of muslims. The rising world power is China. Would you like the pendulum to swing towards a world dominated by the Chinese. I wouldn't.

To achieve anything productive you have to take some risk. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I'd rather take the risk and face the outcomes, versus sitting with my thumb up my ass.I guess being proactive isn't in the nature of canadians

Ok, keep thinking that. When natural disaster hit, famin, disease the world looks one place and one place only for aide and money....the US. Even when we do, we get slammed for not doing more. We can't win, we develop the technology and you guys ride on our coat tails using it as your own and then you tell us we are the bad guys. You are protected by us and again you won't even lend a hand in redeveloping a country ravaged by a rutheless dictator for years. Really, burry you head in the sand further, you have so many reasons to thank the United States yet all you do is whine how you are so much better but if we didn't give you half of what you've got.....you'd be just another 3rd world nation.
Why did the US go to war with Irak and Afganistan? Apparently, to protect their citizens opressed by terrorist dictators.So, why did the US stay home in 1994 during the Rwanda genocide, weren't millions of citizens worth protecting? You think more Afghans and Iraquies were killed under Ben Laden's and Hussein's regim? Not even close! But these people were worth being protected by the holly American Army. Coincidently (sorry for the spelling) there's no oil in Rwanda, hmmmm, bizarre....Give me a break! There's gotta be something more behind it, don't you think?
lol yes you're doing so much for the rest of the world. kissing up to the saudi's for oil. destroying the infastructure of iraq with no viable plan to rebuild it. capturing osama bin laden. and increasing the gap between the west and the middle east. if we need your protection at all, its because you censored off enough people that they'll attack anything within your hemisphere.
Chester's got a point here, people. A damn, damn good point. And yes, you CAN still love American and see that Chester here has a damn, damn good point.

okay and then how many gun-related deaths in texas in 2004? well, i can tell you in 2002 there were 222.........for children under 19 years old ( http://www.kidsandguns.org/study/states_de...eaths.asp?Texas ) http://www.childrensdefense.org/education/...report_2004.pdf look at these pages and tell me guns are good. "More children and teens died from gunfire than from cancer, pneumonia, and influenza combined."These groups are all a bunch of far left liberal nuts. You can't believe anything that they publish. They were admonished by congress for their false testimony.These studies include things like police shootings of criminals and 18 and 19 year old drug dealers killing each other! If you can't be honest about what the definition of a child is then how can you believe any of it!!

Does wayne brady have to choke a B!tch :shock:
Yeah, what's all this talk about the wayne brady bill? when did that guy get shot?But seriously, I have to ask this AGAIN:HAS ANY SINGLE PERSON ON THIS FORUM EVER HAD TO DEFEND HIMSELF WITH A GUN?? (I'm not talking about stats; have YOU ever had to?)Assuming (hoping) not, let me as this: has anyone ever KNOWN anyone who has had to defend himself (against a 'criminal', mind you) with a gun? (I'm talking about "success" stories here; it doesn't quite count if your friend got SHOT and killed because he pulled a gun on a mugger, right? That would kind of go AGAINST your argument.)Now, if no one can answer yes to eithe of these quetions, I think we have to look at the REAL problem with American: (not, it's not laziness) PARANOIA.Please respond if you're among the people who seem to feel unsafe without a gun.
I can answer yes to this question. Yes to the knowing someone....not to I myself having to do it.
Why did the US go to war with Irak and Afganistan? Apparently, to protect their citizens opressed by terrorist dictators.So, why did the US stay home in 1994 during the Rwanda genocide, weren't millions of citizens worth protecting? You think more Afghans and Iraquies were killed under Ben Laden's and Hussein's regim? Not even close! But these people were worth being protected by the holly American Army. Coincidently (sorry for the spelling) there's no oil in Rwanda, hmmmm, bizarre....Give me a break! There's gotta be something more behind it, don't you think?
We had just Dealt with the somalia genocide which Clinton handled like crap, and he wasn't about to go get his a$$ handed to him yet again, great leader that guy was
I don't really think what I said was ignorant. Its a fact. Just think for even a few minutes what the world would be like without Americas hegemony. Everyone just gets along fine' date=' right. No more wars. No, the wars will be there but the bad guys will win. You can look at history or at the world today. World War II without US...N a z i (didn't know that one gets censored) controlled Europe. Cold War without US...Soviet controlled Europe. Balkans without US intervention...genocide of muslims. The rising world power is China. Would you like the pendulum to swing towards a world dominated by the Chinese. I wouldn't.[/quote']see, the problem i have with a statement like that is the whole cause and reaction argument that is being instilled. its kinda like how you deal with an endangered species after you hunted it to near-extinction. you put in place a plan to rebuild the population and save the species, when it was your own faults that got it to the point it is at. i look at it the same way with the US. yes, you did well in WW2, and i thank your veterans for that. the cold war needed two to tango. can't really have a cold war with just the soviets sittin with their thumbs up their ass. but tell me today, what situation are you really helping out that you have not created? you created iraq, afghanistan is still in ruins, rwanda and african countries are in civil war and aids epidemics. you're rebuilding something (or trying to) that you had a first hand in destroying.
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Anytime something bad happens in the world everyone looks to America. We had to help in the Balkans when it is clearly Europe's backyard. We went to the horn of Africa as well. No oil to be had here. Instead of asking why the US couldn't do anything in Rwanda couldn't we ask why the UN couldn't stop it. The US has more than taken on its fair share of bad people with no payoff and no thanks.
okay and then how many gun-related deaths in texas in 2004? well, i can tell you in 2002 there were 222.........for children under 19 years old ( http://www.kidsandguns.org/study/states_de...eaths.asp?Texas ) http://www.childrensdefense.org/education/...report_2004.pdf look at these pages and tell me guns are good. "More children and teens died from gunfire than from cancer, pneumonia, and influenza combined."These groups are all a bunch of far left liberal nuts. You can't believe anything that they publish. They were admonished by congress for their false testimony.These studies include things like police shootings of criminals and 18 and 19 year old drug dealers killing each other! If you can't be honest about what the definition of a child is then how can you believe any of it!!
so you believe just because a kid has fallen into the wrong kind of life such as drug dealing he deserves to be shot and that record of him being shot is therefore unworthy of being kept? no wonder you execute the mentally challenged.
We had just Dealt with the somalia genocide which Clinton handled like crap, and he wasn't about to go get his a$$ handed to him yet again, great leader that guy was
Um....this is a very bad example to throw out to the right. Billy C was then Pres. I don't think this is gonna help your argument.