There's Often A Lot Of Talk About Science In Here, So...

there seems to be a lot of talk in here of late about science, the physics-based understanding of the world, quantum mechanics, etc., so i thought i'd say that i recently saw what the bleep do we know? and thought it did a pretty good job of presenting what science has to offer us in terms of biology, psychology, and cosmology thus far.it gets a little preachy at the end, and i'm not sure i'm a fan of the splicing of the chick's life with the interviews with the scientists, but if you aren't trained in the sciences yet still want to know more about what they've been telling us over the last 100 years, this is a great flick to get you started.balloon guy, this is for you. :club:

I'm glad I can be the resident fool that needs an education.Someone needs to step up and admit they don't know everything, might as well be me.I think you're sore because I made fun of cats. :club:

I'm glad I can be the resident fool that needs an education.Someone needs to step up and admit they don't know everything, might as well be me.I think you're sore because I made fun of cats. :club:
LOL i don't mean it like that at all. you sounded genuinely interested about that stuff before, and i think it would explain stuff like QM to you better than i ever could.as for politics, we might need a lecture when you grow up a bit and realize cats>dogs. :D
LOL i don't mean it like that at all. you sounded genuinely interested about that stuff before, and i think it would explain stuff like QM to you better than i ever could.as for politics, we might need a lecture when you grow up a bit and realize cats>dogs. :club:
I know, I was speaking over you shoulders to they know who.And if you look close, it would appear that your symbolism has a dog eating a cat.Freudian slip? Hillary going down? I mean in the polls...oh now I'm sick
I know, I was speaking over you shoulders to they know who.And if you look close, it would appear that your symbolism has a dog eating a cat.Freudian slip? Hillary going down? I mean in the polls...oh now I'm sick
that's a greater than sign. it's in math. you probably failed that class. poli sci, too, obv.also, of course i hope hillary goes down. she's the one democrat that might lose this time around. well, or kucinich, but srsly, lol.

Do you know what version you saw? They actually rereleased this movie with like an hour more content. I heard it's even more preachy. I've only seen the last half of the original, gonna have to check it out in it's entirety.

It is! I read you post!Dude, check out this before you judge that movie too highly..http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RamthaRamtha is a cult, a money stealing cult. It is based in Yelm WA, and it is scientology-esque in the manner it bilks money out of it's followers ( needing to pay more for higher lvls of enlightenment) the head, JZ Knight, channels a lost warrior from Atlantis or something. I have not seen that movie, but judging it's source, I would never, ever watch it.

Do you know what version you saw? They actually rereleased this movie with like an hour more content. I heard it's even more preachy. I've only seen the last half of the original, gonna have to check it out in it's entirety.
i didn't even know there were multiple versions. the one i saw was from netflix, about 95-105 min long, and the second half was a bit newagey for my taste, but all told, it did do a good job of explaining science to someone who might have had no experience with it prior to the film.
It is! I read you post!Dude, check out this before you judge that movie too highly..http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RamthaRamtha is a cult, a money stealing cult. It is based in Yelm WA, and it is scientology-esque in the manner it bilks money out of it's followers ( needing to pay more for higher lvls of enlightenment) the head, JZ Knight, channels a lost warrior from Atlantis or something. I have not seen that movie, but judging it's source, I would never, ever watch it.
wow, LOL, i'd never heard of that ramtha shit. that must have been the preachy parts that got all weird at the end and kinda wigged me out. i'd still contend that the earlier sections are pretty good, but i'm def not surprised that something like scientology or whatever was going on as well.one of the scientists at the end kept pushing this "we are gods" thing at the end, and i thought she was just being allegorical. guess not, LOL.
wow, LOL, i'd never heard of that ramtha shit. that must have been the preachy parts that got all weird at the end and kinda wigged me out. i'd still contend that the earlier sections are pretty good, but i'm def not surprised that something like scientology or whatever was going on as well.one of the scientists at the end kept pushing this "we are gods" thing at the end, and i thought she was just being allegorical. guess not, LOL.
um, that "scientist" was proably JZ Knight, whom I know appears in the movie. And no, they weren't being allegorical. LOL That movie caused abit of a buzz in the seattle area, do to the overt Ramtha nature of it.. Ramtha is seattles own little cult, so any Ramtha news gets reported.
um, that "scientist" was proably JZ Knight, whom I know appears in the movie. And no, they weren't being allegorical. LOL That movie caused abit of a buzz in the seattle area, do to the overt Ramtha nature of it.. Ramtha is seattles own little cult, so any Ramtha news gets reported.
hahaha, i watched the end of it again because you got me curious, and i've decided that 2 of the scientists interviewed in the end have "crazy eyes." take that for what you will.
Nice thread and recommendation, bonehead. :club:
Nice thread and recommendation, bonehead. :club:
I was driving down the freeway and starting lughing out loud thinking about this thread.You know I love you Jamie, but man this was what they invented the phrase bonehead for.
I was driving down the freeway and starting lughing out loud thinking about this thread.You know I love you Jamie, but man this was what they invented the phrase bonehead for.
BigDMcGee... Keeping Christians away from New Age Cults since 2007
HU golf for rollz.

I've started several cults, one of which was base on the movie, American Graffiti. It started out my friend and I just silk-screened up a couple of "Pharaohs" jackets (our other friend had access to a lot of that kinda' stuff), late one night after seeing the movie, but we got even higher, and made a whole religion around the fictional gang. I miss those days, before my friends got real jobs -- back when my antics were cute, instead of sad.